Miami should sign Jimmy Graham | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami should sign Jimmy Graham

Graham has become a much more limited player. Not nearly the deep or seam threat from earlier in his career. Consequently he was hated by Seahawks fans early this season, because he had lost elite traits and no longer seemed to give full effort. Then he turned it around with one criteria alone -- as box out red zone target and dependable for one touchdown per week on average. Suddenly the Seahawk fans were forgiving him and saying he was a "must resign" for that one category, since otherwise they were having trouble scoring touchdowns when it mattered.

Now that team has fallen apart, fans are shellshocked, and there is talk of whether or not it's a total rebuild. Graham has done nothing the past two weeks in Seattle losses.

It's similar to Jeremy Shockey who also hit a wall later in his career, except Shockey declined sharply in his late 20s and played his final season when he reached Graham's current age of 31.

I'm not sure we need a one-dimensional player at high tariff.

Agree on Andrews but I am very intrigued by the kid from South Dakota State (Dallas Goedert?). We should be picking high in the second round and may be able to snag him there. Good frame, has an edge about him.

Either way, hopefully we put our Michael Egnew PTSD behind us.

Tight end, offensive guard, and linebacker. Three positions we have neglected or bombed out on (we once infamously drafted John Jerry over local product Jimmy Graham) yet NE does well at. Hmm, what a coincidence.
here's your guy

Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 260.
Projected 40 Time: 4.73.
Projected Round (2018): 2-4.

12/2/17: Goedert has been a dangerous receiving threat the past two seasons for South Dakota State. The senior has 60 receptions for 966 yards and five touchdowns in 2017. He put up even better production as a junior with 92 receptions for 1,293 yards and 11 touchdowns. Goedert has good size and athletic ability. He could help himself with a big week at the Senior Bowl.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2018TE.php#4Y8A1QrhBOBvw0KZ.99

Ozzy rules!!

Our offense does better with blocking tight ends.

2016, we started off with pass-catcher Jordan Cameron as our primary TE. Our offense sucked.

Then Jordan Cameron got injured, and blocking TEs Marquis Grey & Dion Sims became our primary TEs. Our offense skyrocketed.

2017, we went back to starting a pass-catching TE in Julius Thomas. Our offense went back to being terrible. For 2017 overall, our offense is ranked as one of the worst in the NFL.

So no, I am not interested in Jimmy Graham, who would be another TE who can't block.

Graham would be great here. Seems like he regressed under Caroll and flourished under Peyton. With Gase, I see his performance going back to what it was with the Saints.

With 9 tds this year I hope all our TE'S and WR's regress next season

No thanks, going to command too much and if we spend big in FA it should be for OL. Plus resigning Landry is a must to me.

I don’t want him. 31 years old, best years behind him. Let’s try to hit on a good TE in the draft.

Didn't Miami try to trade for him at the time he went to Seattle and they didn't offer enough? Of course they have no problems giving up picks to get Caroo or Anthony or other players who will probably never contribute much.

I'm tired of picking up left over players pass their prime, it's time we draft and develop our own player for the future. Haven't we learned anything over the past years about taking in expensive FAs only to have them eat up salary and more than likely not give us the desired results. We had a good draft this year IMO, let's try to do it again........stay the course.

I’m sick of pinning our hope on these free agent acquisitions that NEVER seem to work out. Dolphins gonna dolphin...

Nothing like picking up an old guy who has not produced so much recently as he enters the bottom end of his career.

Yes, it is possible that the Seattle system has something to do with him producing decent, but not great stats. It is also possible that the only reason he was so good in New Orleans was the system and the QB there.

I don't think you pay top dollar, which he will likely demand, on that roll of the dice. We just went down that road.

I wanted Graham like 7 yrs ago....Not so much now. Take one by rd 3, you'll be fine....

no thanks, not saying he wouldn't help or even be better than this years TEs, but he is 31 and not getting any faster...not a great blocker either...id rather save the high price tag to sign another older vet and use it to ensure we keep our young talent around IE JARVIS LANDRY before I worry about signing him....regardless, there are a few TEs in the draft worth taking in the mid rounds and I feel like he may want to go back to NO for a final run at a super bowl especially with how their offense is now with kamara

Back
Top Bottom