Miami signs 14 undrafted free agents. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami signs 14 undrafted free agents.

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The Miami Dolphins today announced they have signed 14 undrafted college free agents: linebacker Chase Allen, punter Matt Haack, cornerback Larry Hope, wide receiver Malcolm Lewis, defensive end Cameron Malveaux, defensive end Praise Martin-Oguike, cornerback Torry McTyer, wide receiver Drew Morgan, wide receiver Francis Owusu, defensive end Joby Saint Fleur, running back De'Veon Smith, tackle Eric Smith, safety Maurice Smith and wide receiver Damore'ea Stringfellow.

http://m.miamidolphins.com/news/pre...e-Agents/a138d80e-5a2a-4ece-aa9b-83b504af9901

I would be surprised if Eric Smith doesn't at least stick as much needed depth, and good depth at that.

They really needed to bring Nick Mangold in. Tannebaum drafted him so he needs to call him.

My picks are Eric Smith and Chase Allen.

Sleeper pick is Maurice Smith but we have a lot of bodies at safety (Jones, McDonald, Allen, Aikens, Thomas all locks). I don't think he beats out Hendy or Lucas though. But T.J. doesn't count on the 54 until reinstated, right?

HEs not gonna come and be Depth. He wants to start.
Nick Mangold was a 1st round Draft pick by Mike Tannenbaum at the Jets in 2006 and has been extremely well paid over a long career. He's only 33 (about 7 years younger than Tom Brady). Not only would he expect to be a starter at Center, as a 7 time Pro-Bowler he would also probably expect big dollars. For much of his career, he was the highest paid Center in the NFL. I'm all for signing him if he has the flexibility to play Guard as well as Center, especially with Pouncey coming back from surgery, but the issue may be financial. The fact that Tannenbaum has the long history with Big Nick probably gets our foot in the door, but ultimately if he wants to continue playing, it would come down to money - what we think he is worth versus how much he expects to receive. And if you think he comes cheap, remember that he has a net worth projected at over $30M and a healthy ego.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Lawrence Okoye still on the team?

I actually want Nick Mangold here as a center. I have the same confidence in Mike Pouncey staying healthy that I do Brandon Albert will stay healthy. He's really nearing his end here, I just don't think fans want to bring themselves to face it. If the money works, get Nick in here. And draft a center soon!

Praise and 2 of the 3 Smiths (Eric and De'Veon) would be my choices.

I'm surmising that Mangold is still out there cuz he wants to be paid as if he's still in his prime. Don't see that happening here. :idk:

Nick Mangold was a 1st round Draft pick by Mike Tannenbaum at the Jets in 2006 and has been extremely well paid over a long career. He's only 33 (about 7 years younger than Tom Brady). Not only would he expect to be a starter at Center, as a 7 time Pro-Bowler he would also probably expect big dollars. For much of his career, he was the highest paid Center in the NFL. I'm all for signing him if he has the flexibility to play Guard as well as Center, especially with Pouncey coming back from surgery, but the issue may be financial. The fact that Tannenbaum has the long history with Big Nick probably gets our foot in the door, but ultimately if he wants to continue playing, it would come down to money - what we think he is worth versus how much he expects to receive. And if you think he comes cheap, remember that he has a net worth projected at over $30M and a healthy ego.

I think the catch with Mangold is that he seems determined to continue playing Center. So even if Pouncey were to have complications and miss this season, Mangold may be put off from signing here simply because of Pouncey's presence ... because eventually Mike Pouncey will get healthy and return, pushing Mangold out of the Center position to either guard or the bench. So, I am skeptical that we have much of a chance at signing Nick Mangold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom