Miami to be blessed by Houston loss?/This loss was INEVITABLE, why it was good for us | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami to be blessed by Houston loss?/This loss was INEVITABLE, why it was good for us

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
This loss was INEVITABLE, and why it was good for us...

Sure, losses hurt, but this loss was inevitible. This was good PSYCHOLOGICALLY for our team. Our team came into this game thinking "oh, another practice" or "oh, this is going to be a domination." This loss was a wake-up call.

If we didn't lose this week, there is no doubt in my mind that we would be blown out in a week to come.

Our team is now in the state of mind, that NO WINS come easy. You have to fight for everything you get, and fight they will.

We are going to be a new time next week, not physically (our talent is already there), but mentally. And mentality is probably the biggest part of a football game.

Our guys are going to go into NY, fight their hardest, and not slack at all no matter how bad they think the Jets are. They want a win. They are hungry to win. And they know what they need to do to win.

This was good PSYCHOLOGICALLY for our team.

I wish I had your confidence that the Dolphins would respond positively to this defeat. Every season I've thought the end-of-the-year embarrassments they've suffered would have made some sort of impact, but it certainly does not appear that way.

Although I hope you're right, I'd really like to hear some logical reason, from some quarter, as to why anyone should think this Dolphin team will suddenly grow a heart as a result of this loss... when similar performances in years past suggest that nothing is likely to change.

I don't see any difference in the coaching, I see little difference in the players... there's an old saying about "doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result" being a good functional definition of insanity.

It looks to me like the same damn thing, but earlier in the year (is that enough of a difference to make a difference?).

How many wake up calls do they need though?? Does this team need to be pointed the right direction every time?? Lack of heart and character is this teams' problem.

Well, they are not going to go into the next game thinking "we've got 8 probowlers on defense, this should be cake" because they just got handled by one of the worse teams in the league. They probably realized that no wins come easy in this league, and that they need to play the best they can every game, and not slack off like they did last game.

clear.gif

Yes, there, there...of course it's good for you....

Is it time for a Depends change yet today ?

Gonk.. Tha point is that these players are neevr focused for an entire season.. They beat very good teams and lose their focus all over again.. I already said this in my other thread but why do you think Miami lost to the Chiefs after beating the jets and ending an 8 game winning streak?? Loss of focus and arrogance.. Not only did that happen 1 or 2 times, it happened a whopping 4 times..

Sure, Miami could go on a 2-3 game winning streak from here, but the question doesnt lie on this teams talent.. It's the heart and mental stability of these players..

Wasn't supposed that the lost in new England would be our psycological motivation?

How many of those embarrasments this team needs?

This is a verytalented team, but I'm begining to wonder his mental toughness, or the hability of the coaching staff to get the best out of this players.

Man I miss Don Shula

Originally posted by raphinmx
Wasn't supposed that the lost in new England would be our psycological motivation?

How many of those embarassments this team needs?

This is a very talented team, but I'm begining to wonder his mental toughness, or the ability of the coaching staff to get the best out of these players.

Man I miss Don Shula

I agree.

Re: This loss was INEVITABLE, and why it was good for us...

Originally posted by Gonk
Sure, losses hurt, but this loss was inevitible. This was good PSYCHOLOGICALLY for our team.

''There's no upside to getting beat like this,'' said Tony Wise, whose offensive line got penalized and pushed around too much of the day. ``We lost to a team we should have beaten. What's the upside to that?''

If the Fins need a loss like this to tell them that no game is a gimme, then they should not be playing in the NFL. I saw all the interviews this past week, about how they were not taking the Texans lightly. They know what to do, they just don't know how to do it.

Before the game yesterday, right before, for some reason, I felt like last season never ended, even though it seems like forever during the off season. And then they started playing, and it really felt like this game was a week after the loss to NE. THEY LOOKED EXACTLY THE SAME!!! What a nightmare.

Re: This loss was INEVITABLE, and why it was good for us...

Originally posted by Gonk
Sure, losses hurt, but this loss was inevitible. This was good PSYCHOLOGICALLY for our team. Our team came into this game thinking "oh, another practice" or "oh, this is going to be a domination." This loss was a wake-up call.

If we didn't lose this week, there is no doubt in my mind that we would be blown out in a week to come.

Our team is now in the state of mind, that NO WINS come easy. You have to fight for everything you get, and fight they will.

We are going to be a new time next week, not physically (our talent is already there), but mentally. And mentality is probably the biggest part of a football game.

Our guys are going to go into NY, fight their hardest, and not slack at all no matter how bad they think the Jets are. They want a win. They are hungry to win. And they know what they need to do to win.

sure, why don't we just give this team another 17 chances to get it right. I wish I'd get that many chances to get motivated at work for the little money I make. But hey, they have their millions so why should they care. I know they wanna win, but are they ready to pay the price.

Sorry man but untill they win it all, we're gonna be the PAPER CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ozzy rules!!!!!!!!!!!

Miami to be blessed by Houston loss??

I've bashed Miami's character and their arrogant ways in my other thread, but I'll go ahead and look at the bright side other than the Houston game only being a "practice" which some people felt it was.

Last year, 2 strong teams lost to the Houston Texans.. The New York Giants and the Pittsburgh Steelers

- Houston beat the Giants in week 12 last year 16-14 and obviously the Giants saw this game as a pusover as well. The Giants then went on to lose the following week to the Titans, a team that went to the AFC champ game, in a very tough hard fought game losing 29-32.. From there on, the Giants looked unstoppable going on a 4 game win streak to end the regular season and fell short after feeling content with a huge lead against the Niners who made one of the best comeback vistories in the NFL Playoffs.. The Giants seem as though they benefitted well from this loss as they went into the playoffs as one of the teams to look out for..

- The other team is the Pittsburgh Steelers. Houston beat the Steelers 24-6 in week 14 of last year. The Steelers went on to go 3-0 after that to finish the regular season and beat the Cleveland Browns in the Wild Card only to fall short against the Titans in the most physical game of the year.

Now, looks as though the Steelers and Giants benefitted greatly from losing to the Texans ending their regular season 7-1 combined. Which begs the question.....

Will Miami do the same?? Will Miami look at this as a positive and move forward and learn from what happened??

Or will they tuck their tails in and start pointing fingers to be seen as the one not at fault??

This loss will show us the state of character that this team has established and throughout the year, we'll see what happens..

But from here on out, there's no such thing as a "Practice" even during the week days..

If Miami can come back and beat a Jet team that we all know is crap...then they've made the first step.

If they don't...then I know everything I need to know about this team's leadership (from coaches and players) and heart.

Originally posted by dolphan
If Miami can come back and beat a Jet team that we all know is crap...then they've made the first step.

If they don't...then I know everything I need to know about this team's leadership (from coaches and players) and heart.
my feelings exactly. While the embarassment of the loss to Houston seems unforgivable now, a nice win in NJ should make us all feel better, while a loss there will have us all screaming for major changes and fast.

In the end a loss against Houston becomes meaningless if we win the division games and then don't have the malfuntion we did yesterday.

The Jets and Pats looked real weak to me. The Bills looked excellent...and downright nasty/scary on D...

Just win. No one will care about week 1 if we are playing after week 17.

Back
Top Bottom