MiamiDolfan85 Miami Mock(first 4 rounds) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MiamiDolfan85 Miami Mock(first 4 rounds)

MiamiDolfan85

DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY
Reaction score
1.)Sam Montgomery, DE out of LSU(6'6",262)
imagesqtbnANd9GcREXpUYJncXOVqtal4Ax0Wbxd-1.jpg

[Outside of Cam Wake, we have absolutely no pass rush. I mean, its evident Jared Odrick is playing way out of position in this 43. He needs to be moved inside, where I think he'd be much more effective. Montgomery, IMO, is the most athletic linemen coming out next to Mingo. Werner I fear will be gone the time the 'Phins select, but their really 1.a, 1.b. The drop off isn't much at all.

Montgomery has everything you look for in a 43 DE. He has size, strength, gerth, and speed. He has a decent bull rush but a lethal speed rush in his arsenal. Sort of looks like the type of DE the Giants covet in their 43. The only problem is that he can work on his consistency. His motor is apparant but he can make more of a presence throughout the whole game. But he is solid against the run. Very discipline, good I.Q, and seems to have a genuine love for the game. The label "future Pro Bowler" could and should be applied to Montgomery. As I think he could step in and duplicate the same rookie season Aldon Smith had.]

2.)Robert Lester, S out of Alabama(6'2",212)
robertlesteropoc96403-1.jpg

[The overhaul in the secondary begins with this guy. Lester possesses good ball skills and shows good range. Should make for a good safety tandem with Reshad Jones. He can play deep, come in the box, blitz, play at linebacker, cover TE's. I mean, there isn't one thing he does great besides tackle, but he's good at just about everything else. Should have no problem coming in as a starter as a rookie.]

2b.)Logan Ryan, CB out of Rutgers(6'0",192)
KentStatevRutgersZAC5o7hIvsWl-1.jpg

[Ryan is probably the most fluid corner coming out of this draft... Led his team with 14 pass deflections, and had 4 picks on the season. Ryan follows a long line of good corners from Rutgers football program(McCourty brothers for example). Logan at worst is a decent no. 2. I think he has the talent to be a very good starter in the league.]

3.)Stedman Bailey, WR out of West Virginia(5'10",195)
Sted-1.jpg

[Stedman Bailey is about as explosive as it gets at his position. Just a natural playmaker. Not very big, but he more than makes up for that with his fearless play. Kind of reminds me of a smaller Desean Jackson(if possible). Could offer something in the return game aswell as carrying the rock a few times. Very versatile player who can do numerous things]

3b.)Ricky Wagner, RT out of Wisconsin(6'6",318)
imagesqtbnANd9GcSuxKu4u2TD9FqfPi2IsY1gz8-1.jpg

[Really good right tackle. I'm kind of expecting Miami to let go of Jake Long in the off season, move Martin to LT and groom him. Bring in Wagner on the right side, and try and sign a good LG to replace Incognito(at least I'm hoping so). Wagner looks the part, I just personally hope they make him shed about 10 lbs. in OTA's.]

4.)Chris Harper, WR out of Kansas St(6'1",228)
imagesqtbnANd9GcQwFZ2uQ1vYpu59AgMgEtVzip-1.jpg

[Chris Harper brings a lot to your football team. He catches of course, but he is an above average blocker for a wide out. From a body frame standpoint, he's huge. Skill set comparable of Anquan Boldin or James Jones. Runs crisp routes consistenly. Not a burner in the least, but he is more than fast enough to be effective. Should be a solid no. 3 or 4

Last edited by a moderator:
the offensive talent in this draft is just not very good....We'd be making a mistake taking some of these players on offense, when theres even better players available on defense that are also needs. Might as well load up on the BPA at all our early picks.

I think this draft should be defense heavy . . . I know that sounds crazy, but outside of drafting a WR the first 2 days . . . I'd stack up on defense. I'd hope Werner fell in our laps over Montgomery but I do like the Lester pick if we aren't moving Marshall to FS.

It's not popular but I wonder if corner is just such a glaring weakness that we may just have to come to grips with Dee Milliner being potentially the most likely choice at #11 or #13 or wherever we pick (assuming we get to 6-10). Taking a corner is never really popular for fans because it's more of a preventative decision...but it might be the most likely choice. Richard Marshall was not very good when he played, and then he got hurt, and he's only got I believe one more year left under contract anyway. Nolan Carroll is in the doghouse. R.J. Stanford isn't exactly the answer. Jimmy Wilson has been mostly a liability as a corner.

And in the end the mile-high view of it just makes sense. The Dolphins struck out on Vontae Davis, were forced to jettison him, so now they've got to replace him.

I haven't seen too many (read: none whatsoever) fan mocks that begin with Dee Milliner at #11 or #13 overall, but it may be a possibility that needs exploring.

Don't like the Sam Montgomery pick. Physically gifted but that's it. Can't seem to get of blocks well at all.

It's not popular but I wonder if corner is just such a glaring weakness that we may just have to come to grips with Dee Milliner being potentially the most likely choice at #11 or #13 or wherever we pick (assuming we get to 6-10). Taking a corner is never really popular for fans because it's more of a preventative decision...but it might be the most likely choice. Richard Marshall was not very good when he played, and then he got hurt, and he's only got I believe one more year left under contract anyway. Nolan Carroll is in the doghouse. R.J. Stanford isn't exactly the answer. Jimmy Wilson has been mostly a liability as a corner.

And in the end the mile-high view of it just makes sense. The Dolphins struck out on Vontae Davis, were forced to jettison him, so now they've got to replace him.

I haven't seen too many (read: none whatsoever) fan mocks that begin with Dee Milliner at #11 or #13 overall, but it may be a possibility that needs exploring.

Well that's just it, one of the overlooked things about getting rid of Vontae was losing a physical speciman at CB that had 2 cheap years left under contract and not having to force yourself into a CB come round 1 in the 2013 draft when we could use a Keenan Allen or a Bjorn Werner. Now Dee Milner becomes a very realistic possibility in this draft and you pretty much have to resign Sean Smith, whether you wanted to or not.

I'd actually think come draft time he'll be a favorite along with one of the WR's as the first round pick. I seriously could see us resigning Starks and keeping Odrick at DE and taking MIlner, rather than drafting a DE and moving Odrick inside and rolling with Sean Smith, Nolan Carroll, Richard Marshall, Jimmy Wilson and a 2nd/3rd round pick.

i don't think montgomery is even on the level pass rusher of ray edwards...although i do see a lot of similarities in their game...lester in the top 50...heck no...like the bailey pick...no to dee milliner with the top pick also...although he has played very well

i don't get the carroll in the doghouse stuff but he was out a lot the other day replaced by stanford i believe...i think miami would be smart to lock carroll up on the cheap now...like a tyrone culver extension years ago...3 years $5 mil type stuff...

its wishful thinking that Milliner will make it out of the top 10....he's among just about everybodies top 7 picks in recent mocks.

Some of the same things some have said about Sam Montgomery are the same things they said about Jason Pierre-Paul when he came out....

but we'll see a few years down the line...

I like taking the corner in round one. The pass D is not good and next year's sked has much better passers on the slate.

I am not sure what will be left behind in the form of a pass rusher at 12ish.

Cordarrelle Patterson interests me as well. I think he can be a big time target.

Im not at all in favor of milliner in round one. Give me and edge rusher or wide receiver all day long in round one and ill grab
trufant or hawthorne with one of my next two picks.

Even if we beat jax, there is a real possibility we lose to buf and pats putting us right back in the werner
discussion.

I like taking the corner in round one. The pass D is not good and next year's sked has much better passers on the slate.

I am not sure what will be left behind in the form of a pass rusher at 12ish.

Cordarrelle Patterson interests me as well. I think he can be a big time target.

Interesting you think there is better next year. Other than Clowney who else do you like next year. Patterson really interests me. I love the way he moves in the open field. I like his wiggle more than anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom