MiamiDolfan85's Early 2013 Miami Mock Draft(7 rounds) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MiamiDolfan85's Early 2013 Miami Mock Draft(7 rounds)

MiamiDolfan85

DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY
Reaction score
1.)Eric Reid, FS out of LSU(6'2",208)
clear.gif

[Elite safety prospect. I mean what more do I have to say. Excellent size, speed, jumping ability. Terrific instincts, especially when the balls in the air. Strong tackler. I feel he's at his best when he's free to roam, where he'll just sniff out plays. Lots of big game experience. I really, really like this guy. Theres no clear weaknesses(Blue-Chip description) to his game. Its legitimately a tie between he and Justin Hunter for the first pick. I went with Reid because he, to me, is the only elite safety in the draft. There are far more prospects at WR than at S. So, Reid gets the nod.]

2.)Da'Rick Rodgers, WR out of Tennessee(6'3",215)
darickrogerstennesseefootballyoga600-1.jpg

[This guy is one of the best YAC wr's in college football. A big season can boost him into the first round. As of now, he's graded as a mid 2nd-early third rounder but Im also taking into account his potential combine performance. As I expect him to do well, I think he will ultimately be an early second round selection. I can see this guy in the Pro Bowl one day. So physical, so strong. He gets away with freak athleticism in college, but he's gonna have to work on his route running. Aswell as staying healthy, which is probably the biggest knock on him of all. What I like the most from Rodgers is his work ethic. Never gonna be out worked on the field. Whether its beating press, or finding a soft spot in coverage. He and Tannehill will make for a lethal combination.]

3.)Omoregie Uzzi, RG out of Georgia Tech(6'3",305)
clear.gif

[Fits Philbins scheme as a well moving gaurd. Can pull left, right and get up field. Can stand to get stronger, and use his hands a little better but all in all.....I like this guy next to Martin.]

3b.)Kyle Fuller, CB out of Virginia Tech(5'11",187)
FullerK_Slideshow-1.jpg

[Via/ Vontae Davis, Miami is going to be doing a lot of man coverage. Fuller should excel in this scheme, as he is one of the most physical DB's comnig out of this years class. Excellent blittzer. High motor, and true love for the game. Should do well in the slot, as he possess the needed agility and quickness to keep up with most inside wide-outs.]

4.)Mike Glennon, QB out of North Carolina St(6'5",225)
BelkBowlNCStatetopsLouisville42P4985xlar-1.jpg

[W/ Garrard and Moore both on 1-yr deals, it is wise for Miami to adopt Green Bays QB drafting habits. Selecting a QB each year, in the off chance Tannehill is hurt, just as a developmental prospect to pawn off for gold like the Patriots or Eagles. I gaurantee a QB will be drafted by the Phins in the first 5 rounds. Namely someone with a lot of top level experience, who could step in an NFL game and perform at some level of comfortability.]

5.)David Gilbert, DE out of Wisocnsin(6'5",255)
23Sep10_101989310JD050_Arizona_Stat_crop-1.jpg

[So much untapped talent here. Gilbert reminds me a lot of Jason Pierre-Paul of the Giants. So atheletically gifted, but has be ailed by injuries. If he can piece together just a sample of what he can do, I think he could prove ot be selected in the higher mid-rounds. I think Coyle can get the most out of David. Very versitile. Can play both end positions, stand up and rush, dorp back and special teams.]

6.)A.J Klein, MLB out of Iowa St(6'1",243)
ncf_u_ajklein_es_400-1.jpg

[Tackling machine. If he can prove he can pick up the scheme in a hurry and perform well, I can see him making the team. In a 4-3, I believe he can be very effective stopping the run.]

7.)Fou Fonoti, LT/RT out of Michigan St(6'5",300)
FouFonotiMichiganvMichiganStateImR0Y6k9A-1.jpg

[Lots of talent here. He can move around real well. He can play just about any position on the line. Good upside in the 7th round.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm ok with ur mock MD85. Addressing our Secondary twice within our first 3rds is smart,and i'd love for us to draft Eric Reid. Him at FS would be phenominal for our defense, or i think so. Plus drafting a QB to groom is always smart.

I believe Miami will upgrade the secondary and linebacking unit in the upcoming draft/offseason. Looks like a good draft.

I don't think we can presume the re-signing of all our 2013 FA's. Guys like Long,Starks,Hartline, and a surprise player who breaks out this year and needs to get a contract, could amount to some serious cap problems.

Those top 3 or draft picks might turn into serious need picks.

I think Starks could be gone either way. If he plays great as a 3-technique, we may not be able to keep him. If he doesn't look that great at 3-technique, Dolphijns could draft a DT high and let Starks walk.

Two things:

I love Eric Reid. Now, assuming where we draft I don't like drafting a Safety that high (unless his name is the great Eric Berry). If we're in the same range as we were this past season then Reid is a bit of a reach IMO. Middle of the draft I say go for it.

I like Da'Rick Rodgers a lot. I like him enough to believe that he finds his way into the first round of the draft.

Not a bad draft...but I wouldn't use a 4th rounder on a QB, when we have Tannehill, Moore and Garrard in house. I think a WR and a D-Back would be nice early picks. I think USC's WR Robert Woods is the best guy out there right now. I also like Notre Dame LB Manti Te'o.

Not a bad draft...but I wouldn't use a 4th rounder on a QB, when we have Tannehill, Moore and Garrard in house. I think a WR and a D-Back would be nice early picks. I think USC's WR Robert Woods is the best guy out there right now. I also like Notre Dame LB Manti Te'o.
Garrard is on a 1 year contract,and may or may not be back, Moore is in the last year of his 2 year deal, and depending on how he performs in our new offense, will decide whether he's brought back. So drafting a QB is smart, and i fully expect us to draft one next year, it's just a matter of what round we take him in.

Garrard is on a 1 year contract,and may or may not be back, Moore is in the last year of his 2 year deal, and depending on how he performs in our new offense, will decide whether he's brought back. So drafting a QB is smart, and i fully expect us to draft one next year, it's just a matter of what round we take him in.

I don't see why we wouldn't just resign Moore, to go along with Tannehill. Garrard is probably nothing more than a clipboard holder, but he does have NFL experience and depending on how he has recovered from past injuries, and fits in the new system, I would probably just keep him around as well. I think we have to improve our defensive secondary, and d-line....but maybe if a decent QB were to slide to the 4th round than maybe???

with 50 mill to spend on fa not sure if we dont take a safety before the draft.perhaps we shore up the o line as well in fa and take bpa with our first n second round picks

with 50 mill to spend on fa not sure if we dont take a safety before the draft.perhaps we shore up the o line as well in fa and take bpa with our first n second round picks
with Philbin being brought over from Green Bay, I doubt we'll ever see Miami going into FA looking for starters again. Its just something he's been inhabited to do. I expect us to build throught the draft, in all phases. Starters, nickles, and depth players.

Roman529;1064322132[B[B said:
]]I don't see why we wouldn't just resign Moore[/B][/B], to go along with Tannehill. Garrard is probably nothing more than a clipboard holder, but he does have NFL experience and depending on how he has recovered from past injuries, and fits in the new system, I would probably just keep him around as well. I think we have to improve our defensive secondary, and d-line....but maybe if a decent QB were to slide to the 4th round than maybe???
It depends on how well Moore does in the WCO we'll be running. I personally expect us to draft a QB in next year's draft.

2.)Da'Rick Rodgers, WR out of Tennessee(6'3",215)
darickrogerstennesseefootballyoga600-1.jpg

[This guy is one of the best YAC wr's in college football. A big season can boost him into the first round. As of now, he's graded as a mid 2nd-early third rounder but Im also taking into account his potential combine performance. As I expect him to do well, I think he will ultimately be an early second round selection. I can see this guy in the Pro Bowl one day. So physical, so strong. He gets away with freak athleticism in college, but he's gonna have to work on his route running. Aswell as staying healthy, which is probably the biggest knock on him of all. What I like the most from Rodgers is his work ethic. Never gonna be out worked on the field. Whether its beating press, or finding a soft spot in coverage. He and Tannehill will make for a lethal combination.

You're mixing your facts of Justin Hunter and Da'Rick Rogers. Hunter is the one with the injury issues after tearing his ACL last year & the limited route running tree being primarily a vertical threat. Rogers has never missed a game due to injury. The biggest knock on Rogers is his maturity and learning ability. He couldn't get on the field consistently during his freshman season due to bad practice habits & the bar fight that got him arrested. Both of which caused him to land in Dooley's doghouse & limited playing time. Rogers was also suspended (though publicly denied) after this season & missed a couple spring practices as he threatened to transfer to Georgia St. Initial indications are that he's another premadonna receiver with talent that is more about himself than his team. No thank you.

Back
Top Bottom