Miami's Move to the ACC is a Done Deal | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's Move to the ACC is a Done Deal

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
"It's like a marriage proposal, you don't ask unless you know the answer," Miami athletic director Paul Dee said earlier in the week of the ACC's overtures.

Done deal.

As a Seminole fan: Welcome Canes. It should be fun.

I hope it isn't true. I hope you are joking.

I don't see how the ACC is a better league. Football-wise, it is weaker.

I'm not sure I would agree with the weaker part. The early rankings have 4 ACC teams and 3 Big East Teams.

It's really all about economics anyway. You need a 12 team league. THe Big East is a mess with to many schools not playing football. Miami knows it, everyone knows it.

I'm also a seminole fan but I would like to Virginia tech instead of Boston College or Syracuse.

As long as the ACC has a championship game, I don't care where Miami goes. Like I said before. Making Miami v. FSU a conference game just puts more stress on FSU kickers.

Hey Minus,

I would have rather seen Tech too, but Miami made this call. Apparently the Canes have a fan base in the North East and want to keep it in the ACC. Virginia Tech makes more sense than BC for many reasons including geography and the strength of their football. But, the Canes are calling the shots on this one.

Angeneli?

A cane fan and a Bills fan. You have managed to combine two teams that I hate!

Actually, I love the rivalry. Looking forward to the Canes and Noles this year in Tallahassee!

Angneli is a Sooners fan.

I also think the ACC should take VT over BC, but they aren't taking BC because of the Canes. The ACC wants Boston College because they want to get into the Boston media market, which is a lot bigger than the market around Blacksburg, VA. The ACC thinks they can make a lot of money in Boston if they get Boston College. However, it makes no sense, because VT sells a lot of tickets for football games, and I don't think BC does.

VT has been in a number of the top television games in the last few years. That translates into a better position to negotiate the television deal, which is where all the money is anyway. But, it does not look like its going to happen.

BC should join that catholic league that will likely form after the Big East ends.

The ACC also is trying to gain an entrance into the northwest to help recruit by adding those two schools. BC also is stronger in other sports, specifically basketball, and the ACC can't forget where it came from. If the changes do occur, the ACC will be much stronger in Football. In addition to FSU and Miami, the ACC will have Maryland, a team that's been in the top 25 the last two years, and a team that is certainly on the rise. Virginia and N.C. State are certainly two of the youngest, exciting, fastest rising, and just plain fastest teams in the country. Virginia, you may remember is coached by our good friend Al Groh. This is in Addition to Syracuse, a top 25 team frequently, and BC who no one wants to play late in the year. Clemnson and Georgia Tech are decent programs too. Also now every ACC team will not get to play Duke every year. The big east will essentially have Tech.

I think by moving to the ACC, Miami will benefit a lot more than the Big East. More revenue, and better competition all around.

Back
Top Bottom