Miami's OL: 29th rank in the NFL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's OL: 29th rank in the NFL

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...ocial&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

29. MIAMI DOLPHINS
Total pressures surrendered: 153
Best player: Ja’Wuan James
Combinations used: 17

The Dolphins’ offensive line had a disappointing season, especially considering the unit features three former first-round picks and only one of them – right tackle Ja’Wuan James – has performed at an NFL starter level. However, when it comes to pass protection, the unit played relatively well, which led to the sixth-highest pass-blocking efficiency rating (81.7) in the NFL as they allowed just 153 total pressures on 646 passing plays. The bigger issues came in the running game where Miami’s offensive line struggled mightily and all linemen graded poorly. Consequently, Miami’s running backs averaged just 0.59 yards before contact, which was last in the NFL by a wide margin (Detroit was second to last with 0.96 yards) and well below the NFL average of 1.56 yards before contact.

I underlined where it defines the pass blocking grade and the run blocking grade.

6th-best in pass blocking, dead last in run blocking

6th in pass blocking? Never in a million years would I have guessed.

I’m blown away that the Eagles line did that well with 28 different combinations. Wow.

Back
Top Bottom