Michael Egnew... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Egnew...

Let me start off by saying I have seen nothing from Egnew that makes me think he deserves a spot on the 53. HOWEVER I also want to say, that this is BS. Last year I called out Gates (not even this early in the preseason!) and people jumped ALL OVER me because it was "WAYYYY to early to talk about cutting a 4th round pick." Egnew is a 3rd. What gives?

Oh, and of course NOW everyone agrees with me about Gates, but go back and read some of the **** people talked - such hypocrisy and zero accountability on this site, I swear...:
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?303746-Is-Gates-a-true-lock

All I have to say at this point, Chris Hogan better have a roster spot before Egnew.

This is what will be interesting. In past years guys have earned spots because of their draft status or name. Im curious as to whether Philbin and company will actually have the balls to keep guys who really earned the job, rather than hang on to them only because they were taken high in the draft. A lot of guys deserve spots over Egnew (and Kaddu). Hopefully the staff does the right thing and keep the guys who have shown the most.

Miami going to cut John Jerry, just like they cut Patrick Turner. They suck at 3rd rd picks too apparently

what I find scary is that I heard about his blocking difficulties (here&on HardKnocks) and about his possibly lack of separation, but I don't think to recall anyone (but maybe I'm wrong) talking about inconsistent hands&drops.... maybe is something related to confidence&mind? Idk, but right now, it ain't good fo him (and for Martin...and for Vernon.....sigh, right now our draft seems really bad -except RT- but of course it still too early)

Egnew makes Joey Haynos look like a pro bowl player.
We didn't need to take on a major project with the 3rd pick. There were so many receivers left on the board.
Something is wrong with our GM and his staff. These types of ridiculous picks are happening every year.
Egnew would have probably gone undrafted.
Wow...another wasted pick (head scratching)

Since everyone is bashing him two preseason games in to his career, I'll play devil's advocate and make two sobering comments:

1. There are some pretty good TEs in the NFL who did not immediately make their respective NFL teams. Antonio Gates is one of them. He got cut first camp.
2. Agnew made a terrific catch in the first preseason game down the middle.

Lay off the guy and Ireland until real games start. He's young and possibly immature but two preseason games is hardly giving him a fair shake.

The more acces to information we have = the lesser the patience...not everybody blooms right from the bat, chill people, everything´s new around here, some things take a while to adjust.

LoL it was a "philbin pick" it was because we needed that "Jermichael Finley" on our team he was "Going to replace fasano, MAYBE EVEN THIS YEAR!" and it was due to PHILBIN.

now that the guy cant even catch (the only thing he was thought to be able to do) its all IRELAND's fault. LMAO!

PHilbin respects wide receivers even less than Ireland, maybe the same as sparano, maybe less lol. Philbin seems to be allergic to talented wide receivers. he got rid of marshall, got rid of chad, and left sanu and others on the board in the 3rd round for a tight end - a positions thats already stacked - you either upgrade it with a solid guy who can play a bit now, or you grab a project much later in the draft. we needed a WR.

at this rate - and yes i am a fan - i think we are going to have to resign fasano. Clay is coming on a bit but who else??? The Egnew pick was not a great one thus far, we will see. Def needed to spen that on a wr

Let me start off by saying I have seen nothing from Egnew that makes me think he deserves a spot on the 53. HOWEVER I also want to say, that this is BS. Last year I called out Gates (not even this early in the preseason!) and people jumped ALL OVER me because it was "WAYYYY to early to talk about cutting a 4th round pick." Egnew is a 3rd. What gives?

Oh, and of course NOW everyone agrees with me about Gates, but go back and read some of the **** people talked - such hypocrisy and zero accountability on this site, I swear...:
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?303746-Is-Gates-a-true-lock
meh. i'll own that. I'm not sure i'd ever agree with cutting a 1-5 round pick his first season and rarely before he's had a chance for season 2. That being said, i'm one of the guys who hasn't had any faith in gates to become a legit WR. As to egnew, the writing was on the wall, the pass catching te's were all snagged up but this guy, and we needed a pass catching TE for this offense to work. Obviously this guy is having a tough time learning to do something at the NFL level that he rarely did at the college level. I'm not going to jump off a bridge over it, but I still say he gets one season. Now after last night's game i'm alot more concerned about the line than I should be at this point. wtf.

LoL it was a "philbin pick" it was because we needed that "Jermichael Finley" on our team he was "Going to replace fasano, MAYBE EVEN THIS YEAR!" and it was due to PHILBIN.

now that the guy cant even catch (the only thing he was thought to be able to do) its all IRELAND's fault. LMAO!

PHilbin respects wide receivers even less than Ireland, maybe the same as sparano, maybe less lol. Philbin seems to be allergic to talented wide receivers. he got rid of marshall, got rid of chad, and left sanu and others on the board in the 3rd round for a tight end - a positions thats already stacked - you either upgrade it with a solid guy who can play a bit now, or you grab a project much later in the draft. we needed a WR.

at this rate - and yes i am a fan - i think we are going to have to resign fasano. Clay is coming on a bit but who else??? The Egnew pick was not a great one thus far, we will see. Def needed to spen that on a wr

This isn't a "Philbin" pick. We have been needing a TE for years...everyone knows it...it was just that we finally pick one, and he sucks!

with the way clay and fasano have played this preseason, it certainly makes the egnew pick look even worse than it is. resign fasano immediately.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

This isn't a "Philbin" pick. We have been needing a TE for years...everyone knows it...it was just that we finally pick one, and he sucks!
so are you bashing the pick, or bashing the fact the pick hasn't worked?

We all knew he was a project going in.

Projects should not be picked in the third round, bordeline starters and talented back ups should. This kid looks lost. He should hit the weight room and ask himself if he really wants be a pro player.

This kid makes Fasano look All Pro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom