Michael Egnew... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Egnew...

Some of these posts are comical. Egnew, like Gates, needs time. If Egnew caught more balls like he did last week, people would love him. He drops a ball or two- now he sucks. This is a symptom of fan desperation for players to step up- in some ways understandable but hardly rational. I don't think that Egnew and Gates are going anywhere, they'll be on the roster imo. I think that Hogan has a very good chance of making the final 53. I'd stick with Jeff Fuller over Roberto Wallace. I think that the WR crew has been exposed, and I laugh at some of the posters who claimed that Chad Johnson couldn't play- he was the best that we had. Him being a pain in the a** with a pain in the a** wife is another matter. Rishard Mathews should stick, and I would have no problem with keeping Les Brown on the final 53 to avoid him getting poached. We need play makers, he can be one, and we should groom him imo, and give him some time to improve his blocking. Egnew- get real, the guy needs time but he isn't going anywhere. The one positive that resonates with me is Hogan, the suddenness out of his breaks, his separation ability. With Naane and Fuller as 6-4 receivers, Wallace is expendable, Hogan and Pruitt get the nod imo, Matthews as well. Bess is what he is- average. And Hartline, for all I care, can get stashed on the PUP while he milks this calf strain. Fine with me, more time for the younger guys to show what they can do. THis is arguably the worst WR crew in the league, I'd rather roll the bones on the younger guys, although I would have kept CJ, for the simple reason that he was the best WR on the team.

with the way clay and fasano have played this preseason, it certainly makes the egnew pick look even worse than it is. resign fasano immediately.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

so are you bashing the pick, or bashing the fact the pick hasn't worked?

I'm bashing "who he picked"...not "the position he picked"....so far, the pick sucks.

A few seasons ago, I remember we´d give a pick a couple seasons to show what he can do, or become...This day and age, after 2 Pre-Season matches, some of you are ready to cut his head off!!

Egnew's dumb look on his face rivals the dumber look on Ireland's face.

Another long line of bad draft picks by that prick.

Egnew's dumb look on his face rivals the dumber look on Ireland's face.

Another long line of bad draft picks by that prick.

Time will tell, it's way too early to come to any conclusions about Egnew.

Some of these posts are comical. Egnew, like Gates, needs time. If Egnew caught more balls like he did last week, people would love him. He drops a ball or two- now he sucks. This is a symptom of fan desperation for players to step up- in some ways understandable but hardly rational. I don't think that Egnew and Gates are going anywhere, they'll be on the roster imo. I think that Hogan has a very good chance of making the final 53. I'd stick with Jeff Fuller over Roberto Wallace. I think that the WR crew has been exposed, and I laugh at some of the posters who claimed that Chad Johnson couldn't play- he was the best that we had. Him being a pain in the a** with a pain in the a** wife is another matter. Rishard Mathews should stick, and I would have no problem with keeping Les Brown on the final 53 to avoid him getting poached. We need play makers, he can be one, and we should groom him imo, and give him some time to improve his blocking. Egnew- get real, the guy needs time but he isn't going anywhere. The one positive that resonates with me is Hogan, the suddenness out of his breaks, his separation ability. With Naane and Fuller as 6-4 receivers, Wallace is expendable, Hogan and Pruitt get the nod imo, Matthews as well. Bess is what he is- average. And Hartline, for all I care, can get stashed on the PUP while he milks this calf strain. Fine with me, more time for the younger guys to show what they can do. THis is arguably the worst WR crew in the league, I'd rather roll the bones on the younger guys, although I would have kept CJ, for the simple reason that he was the best WR on the team.
wowwwwwwwwwwwww

Projects should not be picked in the third round, bordeline starters and talented back ups should. This kid looks lost. He should hit the weight room and ask himself if he really wants be a pro player.

This kid makes Fasano look All Pro.

No doubt, but it's still something that we knew going in after the pick was made. We really shouldn't be that surprised.

Like i said Ireland's draft this year was average at best, He drafts a "tightend" in the 3rd round we obviously need Wrs lmao

3rd round picks shouldn't be projects.

There are no hard and fast rules. Jimmy Graham was a third round pick and a project- safe to say he worked out just fine. Egnew and Les Brown both need a ton of work on blocking, we'll see how they do in time.

I thought they reached on him in round 3 but unlike Trusnick and Guyton (who I am done with), I think I'd like to stick with Egnew and see if we can develop him into a better TE. He has definitely had a rough start but I see him making the final 53. He has some physical gifts that can really make him a solid seam threat. He has alot of work to do, but the draft is over and he is ours now.

I'll be one to admit I was excited about this pick. I thought we finally had our pass catching TE. He's built like one. But now I see he hasn't done anything...and I would hate for him to take up a roster spot just because of his draft status.

The only thing about Egnew that may keep him around, is his raw potential. He shows he can get open, but has dropped a few easy passes. He may stand a chance on the P/S due to his poor play and could be worth trying to sneak onto the P/S? Not sure how other team view him? Hope he can make the proper improvements to his game. Don't want to see another 3rd round pick fall by the wayside!!!

The only thing about Egnew that may keep him around, is his raw potential. He shows he can get open, but has dropped a few easy passes. He may stand a chance on the P/S due to his poor play and could be worth trying to sneak onto the P/S? Not sure how other team view him? Hope he can make the proper improvements to his game. Don't want to see another 3rd round pick fall by the wayside!!!

He'll make the 53. You want high picks to look great off the bat, but it doesn't always happen that way. Some need time, and it was a given that Egnew would need blocking work coming out of the Missouri system. My guess is that Egnew will have a very nice game in the near future, and then a whole bunch of people will start back tracking and changing their tune. Typical.

Back
Top Bottom