Michael Egnew... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Egnew...

Some of these posts are comical. Egnew, like Gates, needs time. If Egnew caught more balls like he did last week, people would love him. He drops a ball or two- now he sucks. This is a symptom of fan desperation for players to step up- in some ways understandable but hardly rational. I don't think that Egnew and Gates are going anywhere, they'll be on the roster imo. I think that Hogan has a very good chance of making the final 53. I'd stick with Jeff Fuller over Roberto Wallace. I think that the WR crew has been exposed, and I laugh at some of the posters who claimed that Chad Johnson couldn't play- he was the best that we had. Him being a pain in the a** with a pain in the a** wife is another matter. Rishard Mathews should stick, and I would have no problem with keeping Les Brown on the final 53 to avoid him getting poached. We need play makers, he can be one, and we should groom him imo, and give him some time to improve his blocking. Egnew- get real, the guy needs time but he isn't going anywhere. The one positive that resonates with me is Hogan, the suddenness out of his breaks, his separation ability. With Naane and Fuller as 6-4 receivers, Wallace is expendable, Hogan and Pruitt get the nod imo, Matthews as well. Bess is what he is- average. And Hartline, for all I care, can get stashed on the PUP while he milks this calf strain. Fine with me, more time for the younger guys to show what they can do. THis is arguably the worst WR crew in the league, I'd rather roll the bones on the younger guys, although I would have kept CJ, for the simple reason that he was the best WR on the team.
So according to this post our WRs week one will be
1. Naanee
2. Bess
3. Pruitt
4. Hogan
5. Mathews
6. Gates
7. Fuller
With us also keeping both Les Brown AND Egnew, and I am going to assume Fasino and Clay??
You do know there is only 53 spots on the team right?? That is 11 of the 53 right there, who are we gonna cut, Reggie Bush??

Come on, Les Brown is not making the 53, no how no way, and I would be VERY surprised if he got poached. The other team would have to put him on their 53 if they take him and that just isn't going to happen. He just is not a NFL player at this point in his developement. He is as good as on the PS right now. And to be perfectly honest it wouldn't shock me to see Egnew there beside him. They might use Egnew as an example that it doesn't matter where you were drafted you are only as good as you play. I think Egnew will make the 53, but it wouldn't shock me to see him on the PS. It's not like he would get poached after the way he has performed and the bad attittude he has shown.

Les Brown is a great practice squad candidate, along with Fuller. They aren't making the final 53 (although if Tannehill pulls forward and definitely becomes the starter and he wants Fuller, I could see him making the final roster)

Flip me give Egnew time, as has been said he was more of a glorified WR in college with very short routes to run. He needs more than one year to get to the level we hope for him, he always was a developmental pick and we just need to be patient. I think dropping a pass or two in two pre season is being overmagnified to suit early perceptions, he just needs a lot of work.

So according to this post our WRs week one will be
1. Naanee
2. Bess
3. Pruitt
4. Hogan
5. Mathews
6. Gates
7. Fuller
With us also keeping both Les Brown AND Egnew, and I am going to assume Fasino and Clay??
You do know there is only 53 spots on the team right?? That is 11 of the 53 right there, who are we gonna cut, Reggie Bush??

Come on, Les Brown is not making the 53, no how no way, and I would be VERY surprised if he got poached. The other team would have to put him on their 53 if they take him and that just isn't going to happen. He just is not a NFL player at this point in his developement. He is as good as on the PS right now. And to be perfectly honest it wouldn't shock me to see Egnew there beside him. They might use Egnew as an example that it doesn't matter where you were drafted you are only as good as you play. I think Egnew will make the 53, but it wouldn't shock me to see him on the PS. It's not like he would get poached after the way he has performed and the bad attittude he has shown.

I think that a decision will have to be made between Fuller and Mathews- tough call imo, loser goes to PS. I still have a problem with Bess, I see him as I always have- average receiver. Great intangibles, but short and slow. Averages what, less than 3TDs per year and 600 yards or so? Dude is average. How to solve the problem is a conundrum, as one could gather from Ireland as to his lament about having a glut of low end receivers. I just can't get jacked up about Bess and Hartline. I'm far more interested in how Fuller, Pruitt, Hogan and Matthews do, and I am certainly hoping that Gates gets it in gear, because I think that given time he can be a player, and we could surely use that speed on this sub par WR group.

There are no hard and fast rules. Jimmy Graham was a third round pick and a project- safe to say he worked out just fine. Egnew and Les Brown both need a ton of work on blocking, we'll see how they do in time.

The problem I have with Egnew is that we could have drafted a quality WR in a year that was deep at WR. Instead we drafted a project back up TE in the 3rd round in a year that was slim pickings for TE.... I am not mad at Egnew, he is doing the best he can, but Ireland continually blows our draft picks. Egnew could have been selected in the 5th or 6th round IMHO.
Ireland already blew half of the picks in the BM trade. Not good.

:lol: once again hoops shoots he scores...

The fact that you are crowing over a claim that a rookie is a bust 2 weeks in to the preseason tells me all I need to know. That and the fact that you bet a grand on the Jets making the Super Bowl last year. :lol2:

The fact that you are crowing over a claim that a rookie is a bust 2 weeks in to the preseason tells me all I need to know. That and the fact that you bet a grand on the Jets making the Super Bowl last year. :lol2:

Hoops. Please tell me u didn't. I would of tried to talk you out of it. I made a killing taking the under in wins last year and I never bet football unless its as close to a sure thing as it can be to me

I think that a decision will have to be made between Fuller and Mathews- tough call imo, loser goes to PS. I still have a problem with Bess, I see him as I always have- average receiver. Great intangibles, but short and slow. Averages what, less than 3TDs per year and 600 yards or so? Dude is average. How to solve the problem is a conundrum, as one could gather from Ireland as to his lament about having a glut of low end receivers. I just can't get jacked up about Bess and Hartline. I'm far more interested in how Fuller, Pruitt, Hogan and Matthews do, and I am certainly hoping that Gates gets it in gear, because I think that given time he can be a player, and we could surely use that speed on this sub par WR group.
Read as: "I'm not interested in J-Crew knockoffs, I'm interested in Salvation Army."

There are no hard and fast rules. Jimmy Graham was a third round pick and a project- safe to say he worked out just fine. Egnew and Les Brown both need a ton of work on blocking, we'll see how they do in time.

Jim Graham has an all world QB
we do not

O.K.,I blew my top when Egnew dropped the easy pass but after going online and reading a bunch of predraft scouting reports this guy is exactly what hetime tightend was expected to be. One guy says that playing opposite a big time tightend he could be effective finding soft spots in the coverages. He is said to have GOOD but not great hands. Not a big redzone threat, lacks elite speed and is not known for blocking or YAC. So he's touted to be a second or third tightend in an offen

Back
Top Bottom