Michael Egnew... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Egnew...

ah that sucks...yeah 10/1 on the ravens was a good bet......lee evans catches that ball and you win

it was actually 12/1 jets 14/1 ravens and 15/1 saints...of course this was like in june...i liked all 3...odds at least

I liked the Egnew pick, and would be fine with him on the Practice Squad. But honestly, our TE situation is very bad. Fasano is competent, but after that it's just embarassing. Mastrud should not be in this league, let's just start there. Les Brown's measurables sure don't seem to translate to the field. Neither Egnew nor Brown looks like a real pass-catching TE to me. The reality is that we'll likley keep 4 TE's ... so I'm hoping we scour the waiver wire for some TE help, because this group just isn't cutting it. Especially when you consider most teams are fielding 2 good TE's to mix-up defenses coverage assignments. So, Egnew or Brown to the Practice Squad I'd be fine with, but I'm hoping to upgrade the roster.

Why do people keep forgetting Charles Clay. He has made a full conversion to the TE position and is our #2.

Does he even deserve to make it to the practice squad? This guy sucks! His strength is suppose to be a pass catching TE and he can't even seem to do that, let alone block. He was a 3rd round pick...do we cut a 3rd round pick???

I think he makes the team...I know that he has looked bad but he was a 3rd round pick. There is a learning curve...he will some slack. It takes time...there are still two more preseason games. I wonder if Ireland and/or Philbin ever thought of making Les Brown into a WR instead of a TE...he's built more like a reciever and has the speed to be one. You know who looked awful last night...Lyndon Murtha...he sucked last night big time. He's supposed to be Miami's top back up at both offensive tackle positions...not good. He should be cut. He's been in this league a lot longer than Egnew. This is it for Ireland...he better hope these draft picks start producing and start producing fast.

I was really hoping Egnew took off quickly this year and thought we had a great pick. I live in Chicago and watched the bears game tonight and see their 4th round pick TE evan rodriguez catch every damn ball thrown his way, 3 targets, 3 catches and average over 16 yards a catch I get pissed. Then I see the Skins 4th round pick qb kirk cousins throw a good 18/23 3td's no picks and I get even more pissed at Ireland. Then I watch hard knocks with ireland sitting behind his desk arranging his papers and paper weights like a psycho and I realize we are screwed.

of course he's making the team...they're not giving up on a 3rd round pick in year 1

Egnew was rated higher than any wrs available at the time the Dolphins picked according to Ireland. This pick in particular can haunt a franchise. You take a tight end that needs some serious development and do not take a wr. Same could be said for the selection of Martin.

That's the problem with Ireland. He wants to appear to be so clever at finding "acorns" or diamonds in the rough, that he is willing to sacrifice the good of the team for his ego. Ireland does not evaluate talent very well, either in the draft or free agency.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

I think Sherman is better talent evaluator than Ireland.

Last edited by a moderator:
3rd round picks take time to develop, hence the fact they are 3rd rounders. The expectations people have on the board are unbelievable.

bonus points if you can figure who this is after his first 2 preseason games: 1 catch 6 yards 0 touchdowns

3rd round picks take time to develop, hence the fact they are 3rd rounders. The expectations people have on the board are unbelievable.

bonus points if you can figure who this is after his first 2 preseason games: 1 catch 6 yards 0 touchdowns

jimmy graham...if you think egnews on the same career path negative points for you...

There is no way they cut Egnew. He will develop...just needs more time.

jimmy graham...if you think egnews on the same career path negative points for you...

Of course I'm not, although it'd be nice. The point is you can't draw conclusions from a small sample size.

Of course I'm not, although it'd be nice. The point is you can't draw conclusions from a small sample size.
Omg dudeeee eggnog I mean egnew is not even in the same class as graham. Ireland should be fired cuz graham should of been drafted by us.

Back
Top Bottom