Michael Egnew | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Egnew

All ive heard for the last year is that you shouldn't draft Ryan Tannehill in the round he was taken in either. Didn't stop them.

Spoken like a GM that made a piss-poor pick. As a fan, I am much more interested in a player that "EARNED" his way onto the roster and, at a minimum, showed some potential in training camp/preseason.

Spoken like someone with absolutely no familiarity with the NFL. A 'Fan' with not even a failing grade but an incomplete grade in NFL History. :d-day: :chuckle:

Do you know who drafted Brett Farve?

It wasn't the Packers. The reason they have a draft is to add new players and DEVELOPE them. Those stories about Brett and Kurt Warner when they were rookies are hilarious.

There are PLENTY of probowl players that took more than one or even two years to develope.

That said, he does seem like a tremendous p*ssy. I would let the coaches do their job though and do everything possible to develope the player. I was really hoping we would finally get someone like Keith jackson again.

I really hope he pans out. I hate watching all these other teams with their athletic TEs. We need one to help stretch the field .

Spoken like someone with absolutely no familiarity with the NFL. A 'Fan' with not even a failing grade but an incomplete grade in NFL History. :d-day: :chuckle:

Do you know who drafted Brett Farve?

It wasn't the Packers. The reason they have a draft is to add new players and DEVELOPE them. Those stories about Brett and Kurt Warner when they were rookies are hilarious.

There are PLENTY of probowl players that took more than one or even two years to develope.

That said, he does seem like a tremendous p*ssy. I would let the coaches do their job though and do everything possible to develope the player. I was really hoping we would finally get someone like Keith jackson again.

:lol: I had to read that twice...you really did compare Egnew with Brett Favre! Thanks for the good laugh. And "yes" I knew exactly who drafted Brett Favre.

Talk about no familiarity with pro football. There are many, many, many, many, many more players who showed absolutely nothing in their rookie year and NEVER developed to be starters let alone pro bowlers. Why don't you create a list of players who looked as clueless as Egnew that turned out to be pro bowlers? Bet you can't come up with more than a couple, it that.

Particularly when they show to be as clueless as Egnew looked. Do you seriously think Favre ever displayed the lack of guts that Egnew displayed? Please...

Egnew has too much talent to be written off so early. The kid will play when he's ready

I expect him to start getting it, I think he has been a little overwhelmed which happens when you come to the NFL. The defenses in the NFL are a lot better. We do work him in so we have hope. You can't expect all the new players to start playing soon, often coaches will add them in to the team's gameplan as they come along.

It has been ..uh....two games.

Give it time guys. Michael Floyd has 0 catches, Justin Blackmon only has 3. Rookies don't all shine from day one, some take time to tell what you have or don't have. The NFL is full of guys who didn't look great as a rookie but got better in time. Wes Welker was picked up by Miami after San Diego cut him.

If a guy isnt ready to start why would bad preseason performances bother me? He was a third round pick for a reason he has the talent give him time.

tLZcF-1.gif

I expect him to start getting it, I think he has been a little overwhelmed which happens when you come to the NFL. The defenses in the NFL are a lot better. We do work him in so we have hope. You can't expect all the new players to start playing soon, often coaches will add them in to the team's gameplan as they come along.

It has been ..uh....two games.
Agree with this, society is so impatient these days including letting players develop. TE is quite a challenge of a position to learn afaik, lets let the coaches do their thing.

I like and still like the Engnew pick.

If he doesn't start making plays next season, I'll start changing my tune, but he has physical gifts that you can't coach into someone. He's worth developing.

As usual, a player like Egnew becomes a lightning rod for those who feel negative and hopeless about the team in general.

As usual, a player like Egnew becomes a lightning rod for those who feel negative and hopeless about the team in general.

son, many of us hated the Egnew pick the moment it happened. I wouldn't be so annoyed if it was in the 5th or 6th round. But a 3rd rounder........ we could have grabbed a player who is starting for us right now.

Back
Top Bottom