Michael Egnew

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mrhankey81701, Dec 4, 2012.

1. mrhankey81701

mrhankey81701 A True Fan

Time to activate him on Sundays. The physical talent is there, 6 foot 5 250 lbs runs a 4.6 40. We are out of the playoff mix, lets see if this guy can help the offense, what do we have to lose?

Same goes for Rishard Matthews how is this guy not getting playing time ahead of Marlon Moore? We know what Moore can do, at least Matthews seems to have the speed to take the top off the defense.

2. SirDrums

SirDrums I like big drums and I cannot lie....... Finheaven VIP

I am for it but who do we sit then?

3. CANDolphan

CANDolphan Seasoned Veteran

Excellent question, Sir Drums, and I think too many people get lost in this "we have to see what we've got!" ignoring the answer to that question.

Sit Fasano - Our best combination receiver and blocker, and it's not even close.
    Sit Clay - And interrupt his development? Seems silly.
    Sit Maestrud - This is most likely. Solid blocker but honestly, nobody is fooled when he's in. Maybe just substitute Fasano for him? Fasano is 8/10 blocker while Maestrud is a true 9.5/10 blocker, but he's awful and slow in the receiving game.

I say you wait until the next Buffalo game, and you roll the dice, activating Egnew. See if he's capable of being what you hope he is.

4. CaSh

CaSh Nothing bigga than the B

Can someone tell me why we can't just line Egnew up as a receiver? He isn't good enough to block at an NFL level but that doesn't mean he shouldn't play especially considering we could use any receiving threat available!!!

5. normaldude

normaldude Starter

Egnew can't block, so his natural position is the H-back spot, held by Charles Clay. And I'd rather see Charles Clay develop chemistry with Ryan Tannehill.

6. johngarry

johngarry "Mysterious" Super Donator Donator

Sh** bro it's the holidays… I'm always up for Eggnog!

7. Zounds

Zounds A True Fan Donator

We dont need a WR that runs a 4.6. Pass.

8. OyeDale305

OyeDale305 MIA#1

Egnew is a beast we need him

9. HarryBagpipe

HarryBagpipe Archibald Meatpants Super Donator Donator

define "beast"

10. Dick Pepperwood

Dick Pepperwood A True Fan

Dude! Egnew is a True Beast at being Inactive. If he is not Activated before the End of the Season. This Dude is like our Worst Pick since Pat White in the 2nd Round.

11. hootie249

hootie249 Active Member

I guess this is just a wasted pick if he really is that pathetic at blocking in the nfl.
    Too bad we could have had givens or some other really good recievers.

12. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

I still don't get it. I saw video of this guy and he was just catching everything that went his way, even with DB's all over him. He was still coming down with the football. In the Red Zone too. I think you could have some mismatches with him out there.Not that we've been getting to the red zone often but I'd love to see us use him down there and see what happens. Like someone else said, just what do we have to lose?

Ozzy rules!!

13. OyeDale305

OyeDale305 MIA#1

Egnew is too good for this team

14. Christyman5

Christyman5 Active Member

If the guy was showing in practice that he is worth being activated, then he would be by now. Clearly he isn't showing enough to warrant suiting up on game day.

The fact that most fans feel we need an upgrade at TE and he is currently ranked behind Fasano, Clay and Mastrud shows were his development is at present.

15. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

Feed the beast

16. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

I honestly think that Egnew's confidence was shattered during Hard Knocks after getting reamed by Sherman on national television. He just seems mentally weak and sits there with a derp face on. He might also just be too dumb to pick up the scheme. Definitely looks like a stinker draft pick.

17. PALMA

PALMA A very famous spit

Come on guys, did anyone expect anything less from a Jeff Ireland draft pick?

18. CaSh

CaSh Nothing bigga than the B

well this scheme isn't working too well is it? but hey, who is to blame for trading the best WR in the world for 2 rolls of the dice?

you tell me LOL!

19. Bumpus

Bumpus Are you gonna drink that? Administrator Finheaven VIP

[​IMG]

20. gdiaz0358

gdiaz0358 Rookie

I say give him a chance, he has to have learned the system by now, and perhaps we can line him up out wide, like Graham does in NO. We need to see if we can work with him, if not find another TE and cut his @$$!

21. flynryan15

flynryan15 A True Fan Donator

If by beast you mean lazy, unmotivated, avoids contact, and weak then yeah the dude is a straight up monster! I just don't get this activate/play/start Egnew we need him mentality! The kid has done absolutely ZERO to get off the practice squad yet we are suppose to gift wrap him playing time to feel better about drafting him? I would rather resign and play Les Brown at least I know he would die trying!

22. Geordie

Geordie A True Fan

Think we need to see what we have, because right now your looking at someone who could get cut especially if we draft a high TE.

23. AFCMiamiEast

AFCMiamiEast A True Fan

I have read several of your Egnew posts....and I have no idea if you're serious or just trolling. :chuckle:

24. Dmarino110

Dmarino110 Starter

fify

25. zach attach

zach attach A True Fan Donator

Let's keep feeding Clay and get him more confident. Starting Egnew is not the time against San Fran. Maybe Jax.

26. johngarry

johngarry "Mysterious" Super Donator Donator

Eggnog! Eggnog! Eggnog! Eggnog!

27. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

Best wide receiver in the world...HA HA Is that you Omar???

28. mrhankey81701

mrhankey81701 A True Fan

I just don't get why not. He can't possibly be worse than the production we have gotten from our skill positions so far.

29. kcbrown

kcbrown Life is what we make it. Donator

lol @ another "start Egnew" thread.

Be patient, if he hits the weights and mentally toughens up this off season, he'll get some run next year.

This year? Not happening.

30. mrhankey81701

mrhankey81701 A True Fan

Start? I never said that i said activate

31. PJack

PJack A True Fan

He has Jimmy Graham measurables, but appears to have Homer Simpson smarts and effort. If he can't see the field on a team desperate for what we assume was supposed to be his strength then I think he get's cut in the off season. We just can't afford to not fill this spot in this type of office with a young QB.

32. LDaniel7

LDaniel7 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

We've already got two starting WRs running 4.6 or slower. Might as well have one that is big!

Bess runs a 4.7 and Hartline a 4.6 -- rounded to the closest tenth, on average. People have no idea how the slowest starting WR tandem in the league impedes the Dolphins success on the field -- and limits RT as a QB. Anytime your starting WR has to get open by coming back to the QB on a regular basis [running hard back toward the line of scrimmage just to get a yard separation]... well, you know he's slow. It crunches the field down to where every play is played almost in a redzone box, because the D ABSOLUTELY doesn't have to worry about a deep threat. It limits the O and running game terribly. And makes RT hit zero opening windows for gains. Lots of pressure on a QB. And an impossible task, over the course of a season.

And not only do the SLOW starting WRs impede the Offense, they also impede the D. Why? Because every day in practice our Defensive backs are going against WRs that are as slow as most teams starting LBs -- or slower. Then when they line up against WRs with legit NFL speed, they are not ready...

Bottom line: We've got the slowest starting WR tandem in the league. Until Hartline and Bess are the 4 and 5 WR on this team, with legit NFL WRs at the 1 and 2, this team is doomed for mediocrity.

It's amazing to me how people can get HIGH on mediocre talent. This DOOMS a team. Anyone with half an eye can see this, say, when it's the Jets. The Jets got high on mediocre talent Sanchez, and it's doomed them. It's kind of funny to see another team do it, lol. But when the FINS and FANS get so high on mediocre talent like Bess and Hartline, they fail to see how it dooms a team. But it does, every time.

Can't get high on mediocre talent without creating a mediocre team.

4.6 WR? We already got two, folks. And it ain't pretty.

LD

33. BC26

BC26 Active Member

I agree that we need to see more of Matthews and a little of Egnew. But Marlon Moore plays special teams and Matthews does not. As stated before, Egnew can't block. We need to see Lamar Miller, too. Even the Ireland haters would have to agree that if Miller, Egnew and Matthews show anything, you would have to consider last year's draft as "excellent." Tannehill, Martin and Olivier have already proven thay are a big part of the future of this team. If Josh Kaddu and Kheeston Randall can get on the field...holy cow! And since we're on Ireland, the 2011 draft produced Pouncey, Daniel Thomas, Charles Clay and Jimmy Wilson. The only three draft choices from the past two years that aren't with the team anymore are Clyde Gates, Frank Kearse and BJ Cunningham.