Michael Egnew | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Egnew

mrhankey81701

Active Roster
Reaction score
Time to activate him on Sundays. The physical talent is there, 6 foot 5 250 lbs runs a 4.6 40. We are out of the playoff mix, lets see if this guy can help the offense, what do we have to lose?

Same goes for Rishard Matthews how is this guy not getting playing time ahead of Marlon Moore? We know what Moore can do, at least Matthews seems to have the speed to take the top off the defense.

I am for it but who do we sit then?

Excellent question, Sir Drums, and I think too many people get lost in this "we have to see what we've got!" ignoring the answer to that question.

Sit Fasano - Our best combination receiver and blocker, and it's not even close.
Sit Clay - And interrupt his development? Seems silly.
Sit Maestrud - This is most likely. Solid blocker but honestly, nobody is fooled when he's in. Maybe just substitute Fasano for him? Fasano is 8/10 blocker while Maestrud is a true 9.5/10 blocker, but he's awful and slow in the receiving game.

I say you wait until the next Buffalo game, and you roll the dice, activating Egnew. See if he's capable of being what you hope he is.

Can someone tell me why we can't just line Egnew up as a receiver? He isn't good enough to block at an NFL level but that doesn't mean he shouldn't play especially considering we could use any receiving threat available!!!

Egnew can't block, so his natural position is the H-back spot, held by Charles Clay. And I'd rather see Charles Clay develop chemistry with Ryan Tannehill.

I guess this is just a wasted pick if he really is that pathetic at blocking in the nfl.
Too bad we could have had givens or some other really good recievers.

I still don't get it. I saw video of this guy and he was just catching everything that went his way, even with DB's all over him. He was still coming down with the football. In the Red Zone too. I think you could have some mismatches with him out there.Not that we've been getting to the red zone often but I'd love to see us use him down there and see what happens. Like someone else said, just what do we have to lose?

Ozzy rules!!

If the guy was showing in practice that he is worth being activated, then he would be by now. Clearly he isn't showing enough to warrant suiting up on game day.

The fact that most fans feel we need an upgrade at TE and he is currently ranked behind Fasano, Clay and Mastrud shows were his development is at present.

Back
Top Bottom