**** Michigan Football **** | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Michigan Football ****

There a Hoke faction? Michigan is 4-5. Michigan, not UCF. :lol:

I guess some fans will swallow just about anything.
It's a small faction of guys that played under Lloyd Carr and when Hoke was on staff in the 90s. I think it's a fair assumption that 95% of the fan base want him out.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Good stop by d, offense needs to take advantage now
The defense has played well all season. The main issue is QB and Hoke's loyalty to Gardner because he's a senior.

Matriculating it down the field in an unconventional method. Whatever works

Hopefully the Spartans take down the Buckeyes later tonight. There were a bunch of people at work wearing their Buckeye gear on friday

Holy ****, when did the big 10 become the big 14. Rutgers and Maryland.
Where have I been?

The front 7 has had 1 bad game (Rutgers) but otherwise is playing like a top 20 defense. Michigan's offense is just poor and a big issue is Devin just doesn't look where he's throwibg

So Fitzgerald goes for 2 because he has lost to Michigan in OT the last 2 seasons. I like the call but you got to get a helmet on Frank Clark. That guy is a beast. Jake Ryan with a good day as well.

Hell of an ending. I like the call by northwestern even though it didn't work out. They had the Michigan d figured out on those last 2 drives.

Someone on Rivals is saying that Bill Bates is almost a done deal (dunno if it's true). Said it could be a December move or later.

I've heard nothing at all at Scout or reading the blog.

From Greg Henson

I
don’t know why I called it a coaching “search,” there really isn’t an opening at Michigan at the moment. The job is still Brady Hoke’s, at least for the remainder of November.

While there isn’t officially a “search,” Michigan is lining up its ducks behind the scenes. This are moving very slowly and very deliberately at the moment as interim AD James Hackett prepares to lead Michigan through a turbulent time in Ann Arbor.

At this point, there are two views of what is happening at Michigan. One is that Jim Hackett will end up as the permanent AD and will make a big splash by attempting to land Harbaugh, the other is there is a new AD in place in a couple of weeks and Michigan STILL goes after Harbaugh hard. The one thing that everybody seems to agree on at this point is that Jim Harbaugh is seriously interested in the position. This is coming from anybody and everybody who actually knows Jim Harbaugh. He isn’t playing it off and he isn’t ambiguous, his dream job according to his friends and former teammates is to coach Michigan. The problem with most people is they cannot understand why Jim would “take a step back” and go to college.” I’m told Jim doesn’t see it that way, he sees it has the best job in the world. He reveres Bo Schembechler and would jump at the chance to return to Michigan to fix the program. Harbaugh has told many that he doesn’t need a Super Bowl or to live in the Bay Area, that is all speculation that was fabricated by the national media. Harbaugh doesn’t have close relationships with ANYBODY in the media and has certainly never been quoted as saying he wanted a Super Bowl Championship because his brother and “arch enemy” Pete Carroll have one. All of the national media speculation is ridiculous because NOT ONE can offer a single quote from Harbaugh supporting their version of the story. Check out this video if you have any doubt that Jim Harbaugh has a fondness for The University of Michigan that most wouldn’t understand. Hint, it’s all about Bo!

The salary speculation is also apparently just flat out wrong. Most think he would require Nick Saban money to leave San Fransisco. Those close to him say he isn’t looking to “break the bank.” Jim is said to have told a few in Ann Arbor that he would require Nick Saban money, when he beat Nick Saban. I’m not sure exactly what that means other than he understands there would be a HUGE payday after the program was playing for titles. That being said, he would require significantly more money that Brady Hoke is currently making as Head Coach. Speculation is that Harbaugh could be had for anything over $6 million a year. He currently makes $5 million a year and Saban makes $6.9 million. There is a deal to be had somewhere in the middle.

One of the most common questions I get is “Will Brady Hoke save his job if he runs the table?” The short answer is absolutely not, however some believe if he gets to a bowl game and wins it, and Michigan can’t get Miles or Harbaugh that Hoke returns for another year. My sources at Michigan assure me that Brady and his staff know they are done. Michigan cannot afford to bring Hoke’s crew back for another year, there would be too much of an uproar from the season ticket holders to consider another year of Hoke and company. He’s 99% done.

Henson has not wavered from his stance that Harbaugh will be at Michigan. If true that's what mist of us want to hear but Henson is the only guy that is adamant this is happening. Not sure I put a lot into his reports anymore than anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds as if they are going to take there time with an AD hire. Hackett wil wind up hiring the new head coach. Feeling is that if Harbaugh is extended an offer the AD won't be much of a factor in his accepting or not.

Back
Top Bottom