**** Michigan Football **** | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Michigan Football ****

According to Henson, Jim Harbaugh is already reaching out to potential staff members, one being Tyrone Wheatley

Guy on NFLN pre game reiterated yesterdaythat Harbaugh's wife does not want to leave the bay area. I only caught the end of it so I don't know if he is rehashing old news, being a conduit to dispel rumors or if he actually knows something.

Guy on NFLN pre game reiterated yesterdaythat Harbaugh's wife does not want to leave the bay area. I only caught the end of it so I don't know if he is rehashing old news, being a conduit to dispel rumors or if he actually knows something.

The rumblings are that's for an NFL gig. Henson, Beaver, and Balas have all said that she'd move to Ann Arbor

A shame because the guy has talent to go with those demons.

Whatever Hackett decides I expect an announcement sometime this week. Cato June and several other former players are trying to convince people to retain Hoke one more year. Though I can't see them keeping him, I'm not counting him out until a decision is announced.

Well Henson has been saying all weekend that Hoke is gone. If he's fired early it means they don't think they're getting Harbaugh and are going to do an early search, but the longer they wait the more likely it is Harbaugh is the guy.

Anyways here's a list of guys I'd consider looking at.

Dream Guys
Jim Harbaugh- No explanation needed

Les Miles-Though according to Scout and Rivals, this ain't happening... Les still has too many burnt bridges

Next Tier
Jim McEllwain- As I've said, if Harbaugh wasn't a realistic option he'd be my number 1.

Dan Mullen- Winning at Miss State consistently isn't something to scoff at

Bo Pelini- Sure he's abrasive and he just got fired, but consistently getting 9 and 10 wins is not something to ignore.

Justin Fuente- Won 9 games at Memphis. Young, and probably needs a few more years of seasoning honestly, but one to watch.

Steve Addazio- It's funny, I wasn't impressed by him at Temple, and while his record at BC isn't great, he gets the team playing hard and competing. Issue is the lack of talent from previous regime

PJ Fleck-Much like Fuente, year or 2 away from being a serious candidate, but young, knows Michigan, knows the rivalry (OSU GA), and has an NFL Pedigree

Greg Schiano-Don't want it, but he's an option

Coordinators (prefer not to hire one)

Scott Loeffler- Probably ready to be a HC yet, but a Michigan guy whose becoming a QB guru. Just get him back in Ann Arbor somehow

Pat Narduzzi- If you can't beat em, sign one of them.

Tom Herman- Same as Narduzzi. I actually think Herman would be a good hire

As much as I dislike Sharp he is correct that Hackett needs to get the coach that is best for the program. As much as I love Harbaugh I'm not convinced he's a guy that would stay more than 3-4 years than head back to the NFL. He or Miles will appease the masses but are not necessarily the right fit. I hope the University hires a reputable firm to assist in the search. Valuable lessons of what not to do from the last two hires can't be cast aside.

As much as I dislike Sharp he is correct that Hackett needs to get the coach that is best for the program. As much as I love Harbaugh I'm not convinced he's a guy that would stay more than 3-4 years than head back to the NFL. He or Miles will appease the masses but are not necessarily the right fit. I hope the University hires a reputable firm to assist in the search. Valuable lessons of what not to do from the last two hires can't be cast aside.

honestly, that's why I want him to bring a Wheatley or Loeffler in. If he decides to bolt again, you have an heir apparent.

Well Brady is gone, and I can't help but feel bad for him. Great man, great recruiter, just in over his head.

Yea. It's tough to see some Michigan fans dancing on his grave. I wish he would have surrounded himself with better assistants.

Yea. It's tough to see some Michigan fans dancing on his grave. I wish he would have surrounded himself with better assistants.

yep ended up being his downfall I feel. Mattison was a great get, Mark Smith did a solid job with LBs and then the DL, and I think Hoke really messed up letting Jerry Montgomery going to Oklahoma. Offensively his staff sucked. I liked Heck as a recruiter but his WR group left a lot to be desired

Back
Top Bottom