**** Michigan Football ****

Discussion in 'College Sports Forum' started by MadDog 88, Sep 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Perfect23

Perfect23 Banned Hammered

Please beat Ohio State next week.

2. Fins1971

Fins1971 C'mon Dolphins

Yikes 7 for 16. Going to have to pass better than that to beat the Buckeyes next week.

3. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

Will have to be, but OSU hasn't exactly been looking consistent on offense recently either. I think part of the reason for the struggles is it sounds like the team was holding out hope Speight could start as he was still dressed for the game.

But also have to give Indiana credit, they played well

4. CO-Gator

CO-Gator They all float down here. Finheaven VIP

I concur.

5. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

It's really impressive what Harbaugh has done so far, but not surprising. I think you guys will be ready to challenge Bama next season.

But I gotta say, I don't like your chances vs the Buckeyes. Not one bit.

6. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

If its O'Korn as QB then its going to be really hard to beat Ohio State. There is some talk that Speight may be able to play. It will be a pain tolerance issue. A sprained AC joint is rough but not necessarily an injury that keeps you out an extended period if time. Even if Speight can go its not going to be easy. I expect Brown will load the box and make Barrett beat them over the top. I like our CBs in man vs the Buckeye WRs.

7. MadDog 88

Some word leaking out that Speight is practicing and he may get at least some snaps Saturday. Huge if he can go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. utahphinsfan

utahphinsfan Puck Fitzburgh

Go Blue.

Another reason to root for UM... Lebron will be there & wearing red

p.s. Urban sold his soul somewhere between SLC & Gainesville

9. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

What do you guys think about Hill? Could he move from fullback to some other position in the NFL?

10. MadDog 88

Absolutely crushed. Not going to blame the officiating because the 2 interceptions gave them 14 points. Cant do that and expect to win. But still have a shot at the playoff.

11. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

I thought Michigan played a hell of a game. Just remember where you were two years ago and where you're headed.

12. MadDog 88

I'm ecstatic where we are but they beat themselves and thats disappointing. Lose a lot of talent and will be very young next year. Surprisingly I am not going to miss Peppers taking snaps in the Wildcat. Like the Dolphins, everyone knew what was coming and it became a wasted down.

13. Sons Of Shula

Sons Of Shula not a dull boy Hammered Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

14. FSU Truth

FSU Truth The North Remembers Finheaven VIP

I think we need to start the trash talk off....Although I have a lot of respect for the program and Harbaugh....ummm, yeah, **** Michigan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. MadDog 88

FSU can't even keep their legacy recruits away from Harbaugh :lol:

16. FSU Truth

Nah we are just not willing to give pops a job just to get his son to go to school there....defensive analyst...

Its all good, you still cames in behind us in recruiting....

17. Buddy

Buddy Right Wing Nut Job Moderator Finheaven VIP

I'm not talking any smack on this one. I think it's going to be an epic battle between two storied programs.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

18. FSU Truth

Oh, I agree, but because it is Maddog and Chambers, I will talk a little smack, just for the fun of it.

Honestly, this should end up as the best game outside of the playoff games,

19. Buddy

I absolutely agree! I cannot wait for this one.

20. MadDog 88

FSU hasn't faced a defense as good as Michigan's. Will be interesting to see how your young QB handles it.

21. Buddy

I worry much more about our offensive line than I do about our QB. If they keep him clean and give Cook some room, we'll score just fine. Do you think Michigan's defense is appreciably better than Florida or Clemson? I wouldn't think so but I don't watch Michigan much.

22. FSU Truth

I
    Michigans d is one of the best in the country and I don't think there is anyone we have played as good as Peppers and Warmsley. Then again our defense has some high level players and Cook should be the best back they have played all year.

I saw somewhere that James could play and while I would love that, let that kid sit and be ready for next year.

23. Namor

Namor Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

Guys!!!...I will be really,...I mean really disappointed if you don't beat Mich. by at least 14.... I think their D is over rated...I wanted Michigan to
    get that fourth spot,so we could beat them liked they owed us money...Don't do anything dumb,and you should have no problem with them.

24. FSU Truth

Fortunetly for us, Cook tends to do better against stronger fronts....

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Fortunetly for us, Cook tends to do better against stronger fronts....

25. Buddy

Hopefully, we'll lay the wood and help reinforce that Southern football is still the best in the country. We've always done well against the Big 10 so I expect a good showing.

26. MadDog 88

The DL is amongst the best in the nation. Your OL will have their hands full with Charlton, Mone, Glasgow, Hurst and even the youngster Rashan Gary. The secondary is led by Jourdan Lewis who I would love for Miami to draft. True shut down corner. The safety play from Delano Hill and Dymonte Thomas is excellent in coverage and run support. They mug receivers with tight coverage and force TFLs or QBs to run. Michigans weakness is edge containment and I expect FSU to try and exploit it. Also look for the Seminoles to counter their aggressiveness.

Michigan all time vs the ACC is 29-9-1 and 25-11-1 against the SEC so put away the myth that southern football is superior. Also, Harbaugh is every bit as good as Saban or Meyer when given an extended period of time to prepare for a specific opponent. They *** raped the SEC runner up Gators in a bowl last year that Bama struggled with in the SEC Championship.

Over rated :lol:

27. Namor

Struggled?..Who won the ship last year?Michigan or Bama?...Whose in the Playoffs again? Michigan or Bama?..remember 2012?...that was a *** raping....I'd start trying to fiqure out how to get by Ohio State before wanting to take on the dynasty.

28. MadDog 88

I have nothing but respect for Bama and undoubtedly the best program with the best coach in history. Doesn't change the fact that they struggled beating Florida. Yes even mighty Alabama doesn't crush teams week in and week out.

Predictable that you would respond and bring up Brady Hoke who has proven that he is in way over his head at a coordinator/head coaching position in a power 5 conference. Speaks volumes to your emotional sensitivity. In case you hadn't noticed Michigan made a coaching change in 2015 and will be just fine with Harbaugh. Though Slimm had them in the playoff pre season, I still think they're a couple recruiting classes away from Ohio State and Bama.

As for your brash bull **** about wanting to play Michigan, I'm sure most objective Bama fans are happy to be playing Washington and not Michigan. Statements like that make it very hard to take anything you post as nothing more than subjective and homeristic fodder that I expect from cheerleaders waving pompoms. It was a weak trolling attempt at best.

29. FSU Truth

I think the game will come down to Cook for FSU...

I think our defense can hang, a lot of talent on that side of the ball...our weak area is the o-line and getting Francois beat like he stole something all season. The only way to negate that is to get Cook rolling. Michigan shuts down Cook, we have no real chance, I just don't think Francois has enough this year to win it with his arm.

FSU overall is a really young team, the O-line is sophomores and 1 junior, most of the receiving core is young guys and a much of the defense as well. They have played in some big games this year, but this will be the biggest for many.

30. Buddy

Who hasn't *** raped the Gators recently? I'm looking forward to this one and will have to disagree, Southern Football has been much better, imo, for the last 30 years or so. Either way, this is going to be a great bowl game.

31. Namor

Ohhh!!! Sensitive much...chill out..just my opinion.....And yes... I would have no problem with us playing Michigan instead of Washington...One..I compare all other "great" defenses to Bama's...I think Mich. is very good defense...not as explosive
    as Bama's tho...Also, I think Michigan's offense would be perfect for Bama...a average to good QB who isn't that real mobile...I believe our pass rush would eat your guys up...and our offense would eventually grind you down.
    Washington has a better QB...and I think right now,Petersen,as a underdog coach is a scarier tactician than Harbaugh right now.
    Back to FSU...If Michigan gets in a lot of third and long situations or gets behind in the score and has to pass a lot,..well FSU has a pass rush as good as ,if not better than Bama's..they just have a idiot for a DC.
    Plus,while Harbaugh is a good coach,let him accomplish something before putting him in the class with coaches that have won multiple Nat'l championships at multiple schools.
    My best friend,and head of Sales at my company is a Mich. grad..he doesn't want Bama....I spend a couple weeks every year in Ann Arbor and Dearborn ...I've watched a lot of Michigan games since the eighties in the Big House.
    Watched just about every Michigan game this year...so..when I call them overrated..its based on comparing them to Bama and their potential to win the ship this year.
    Now,tell me what I have said,that's so out there,that is speaks to my "emotional sensitivity" and being a troll, and brash bull****? I don't look at it as a north /south thing or a SEC/BIG10 thing...I look at it as a football thing...calling a spade a spade.
    Sorry we disagree..I think emotionally your a great guy and I'm just a no thought cheerleader....
    Peace out.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2016
  32. Buddy

You may have heard me scream a time or two about firing Kelly! Haha

33. Namor

LOL..no Buddy..I just watched a lot of FSU games...He seems to have a decent strategy,but the timing and execution seem to be off...like he is a play behind on his defensive calls.

34. FSU Truth

I think all Noles have wanted him fired, at some point, hell I think there ware moments where I was hoping that he would be abducted by aliens and the defense was left to just play.

35. Buddy

I'm sure you and I could have done better in the Ole Miss, Louisville, and NC games.

36. ChambersWI

Michigan got a commitment from Ambry Thomas which is great. As awesome as Michigan looked most of the season, at times (including the last 3 games) Michigan's lack of explosiveness all over the field started to show it's ugly head... especially on offense. Not to make excuses as a lot of players saw their development skyrocket under Harbaugh but offensively we relied too much on beating people up and wearing them down at times, and Jehu Chesson never recovered from offseason knee surgery. Again, not saying talent wasn't there, but quite a few positions needed athleticism upgraded.

37. MadDog 88

Of Hill, Corley and Thomas, many evaluators have Thomas as having the most potential. Also there are 6 silents that will be publicized in the next 3 days. My guess:

Black
    Ruiz
    Anthony
    Wilson
    Gay
    Peoples-Jones

38. MadDog 88

I've said all season that Speight would cost Michigan a game this year. I was wrong. He cost them 2. The kid made progress but the Iowa and Ohio State game he was not very good. Depending on which Speight shows up you two could call defenses and most likely win :lol:

I'm far more concerned with our offense than the defense.

39. ChambersWI

Honestly, don't think Speight was fully healthy for the OSU game, and had O'Korn not looked completely awful against Indiana, I don't think they play Speight. Either way, I think the lack of speed in the passing game came back to bite us in the ***. I don't know if Chesson never recovered from his knee surgery or what but he was fairly nonexistent in the passing game.

Again not to take anything away from what the team did and the team was clearly one of the top teams in the country for most of the year, but there were cracks at different times that showed we need to get more athletic on both sides of the ball. Guys like McDoom, Crawford, Evans, and Gary are a start.

40. FSU Truth

Michigans needs to keep it as low scoring as possible, it seems like the path to victory is through their defense.

FSU bolters a good defense, insanely talented, but being called by someone who seems lost at times. FSU offense will have the best offensive players of the two teams...that offense and the win will run through Cook. Francois is a good players, but he is still young. We finally are starting to use our younger WR (some because of injuries, but Murray and Tate are both pretty dynamic (for different reasons).

I really do feel like this game will end in a 3 point and some getting the lead in the last 2 minutes. Two very good and established coaches, lots of NFL talent on the field....can't wait.