**** Michigan Football **** | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Michigan Football ****

USC OL/Running Game Coordinator will be the OC for Michigan. Drevno had been with Harbaugh at USD, Stanford, and San Fran
The OL in SF put 5 guys in the Pro Bowl under Drevno in 2012. What a huge hire this guy is.

Looks like John Morton is a done deal. Harbaugh is meeting with Marrow today. Hopefully we get an announcement tonight.

Looks like John Morton is a done deal. Harbaugh is meeting with Marrow today. Hopefully we get an announcement tonight.

Morton still not confirmed but likely. I guess Harbaugh has a list of guys and if one takes too long, he's moving on to the next guy. I've heard conflicting reports on Marrow about whether he'll take the job or not, but Sam says it's 98% of coming. DJ Durkin will also likely be announced tonight or tomorrow.

DIdn't realize how bad of a ST/TE coach Dan Ferrigno was, but a lot of his players and people close to the program are not sad to see him gone.

Shannon Turley coming in from Stanford as S&C coach. Under Stanford they saw an 87% decrease in injuries.

Harbaugh also trying to get Stanford DC Lance Anderson AND DJ Durkin. Mattison is staying on staff so if that happens you'll have 3 coaches who were DCs of top 15 defenses last year

So judging by rumors this is Harbaugh's staff

OC/OL Coach-Tim Drevno
RB Coach-Ty Wheatley
QB/TE Coach-Jimmie Dougherty
WR/Passing Game Coordinator-Jedd Fish
DC/LB Coach-DJ Durkin
DL Coach-Greg Mattison
DB-Greg Jackson
ST-John Baxter

Unspecified assistant-Roy Manning

Not a bad staff

Not bad? That is one hell of a solid staff Harbaugh put together. He is in Texas recruiting a little known 2015 QB this week. Saw his tape and he looked pretty good. Good arm, very accurate and athletic.

Not bad? That is one hell of a solid staff Harbaugh put together. He is in Texas recruiting a little known 2015 QB this week. Saw his tape and he looked pretty good. Good arm, very accurate and athletic.

I was being humble. Honestly I'd put that up there with the best staffs in the Nation

okay looks like Manning and Dougherty are not gonna be on staff. Jim hired his son Jay to coach TEs and former Eagles safety/safety coach and Youngstown State DB coach Mike Zordich for safeties. So this is our staff

HC/QB-Jim Harbaugh

OC/OL-Tim Drevno
WR/PGC-Jedd Fisch
RB-Tyrone Wheatley
TE-Jay Harbaugh

DC/LB-DJ Durkin
DL-Greg Mattison
CB-Greg Jackson
S-Mike Zordich

ST-John Baxter

Zordich is a bit unproven as a coach, but he does have the NFL pedigree, and Jay is a nepotism hire but he has spent the last 3 years in the NFL

Roy Manning hired to be OLB coach at Washington State, have a feeling he'll be back in the future.

For reference of Brady Hoke assistants that were at Michigan more than 1 year (so not including Nuss) he's the only one to get a job at a Power 5 school

Absolutely love seeing Jim, Jay, and Wheatley take shots at Ohio State. Harbaugh has also invested in bringing coaches in as part of the recruiting staff including Jabril Pepper's former HS coach, who also coached the number 1 player in 2016

Michigan's World Tour as I'm calling it (satellite camps) have resulted in a bunch of commits so far. can really see the difference in what type of skill players Harbaugh is looking at compared to Hoke (much more speed/raw athletic ability at the skills positions, speed at LB, and taller physical CBs. Similar OLs though)

One new commit is Michael Onwenu who looks like he's in the low 300s but weighed in at 360 and he doesn't look anywhere near that

players admitted during Big Ten media day that there was not a sense of urgency and a sense of entitlement on last year's team

Back
Top Bottom