**** Michigan Football **** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Michigan Football ****

So, Chambers, how does it feel knowing that both of your favorite football teams are both going to aggressively pursue Jim Harbaugh in about three months, if they aren't already? :lol:

You can have the other Harbaugh Brother, man. Come on. There's room enough for two Harbaughs here! You and Steve Ross can have a Harbaugh party.

Is there a third Harbaugh brother? How about Papa Harbaugh? Get him in here.

Little known fact, before Harbaugh went to the 9ers he had a verbal agreement to go to Michigan he just wanted to coach Stanford's bowl game. Then his wife said that she didn't want to leave SoCal. Les Miles as also reached out twice to become Michigan's head coach (first time Lloyd Carr refused to endorse him, 2nd time AD just didn't want him).

But either way, if both my teams make a coaching change, Jim Harbaugh could be an answer, but he's not the only one.

Yeah unless things turn around Hoke is probably gone
His handling of Morris after he was most likely concussed should have cost him his job. His claiming he was unaware Morris was hurt clearly indicates he either has no situational awareness or he thinks he's still in the 90s.

Little known fact, before Harbaugh went to the 9ers he had a verbal agreement to go to Michigan he just wanted to coach Stanford's bowl game. Then his wife said that she didn't want to leave SoCal. Les Miles as also reached out twice to become Michigan's head coach (first time Lloyd Carr refused to endorse him, 2nd time AD just didn't want him).

But either way, if both my teams make a coaching change, Jim Harbaugh could be an answer, but he's not the only one.
Jim McElwain, Colorado State. Guy gets a good effort from 1 and 2 star recruits. Has the Rams program heading in the right direction.

His handling of Morris after he was most likely concussed should have cost him his job. His claiming he was unaware Morris was hurt clearly indicates he either has no situational awareness or he thinks he's still in the 90s.

I saw that and it was shameful.

Shameful.

Yeah sounds like he is getting a lot of heat for the Morris situation, and that could likely cost him his job down the road (now if the team continues to suck that'll cost him the job).

If Hoke is gone, the top 2 choices will be Les Miles and Jim Harbaugh. Miles is not likely not that he doesn't want the job (he really wants it) but for whatever reason he's burnt a lot of bridges at Michigan and has little support. Of course it sounds like Dave Brandon may be gone too as while he's a Michigan alum and former player, he's not an AD (he's a corporate guy), and you have former Michigan player that has proven himself to be a great AD in Warde Manuel.

For non Michigan guys, I do like the idea of Jim McElwain even if he doesn't have connections to the area (though he was at Michigan State). Also like Pat Narduzzi, and Dave Doeren of NC State

Pat Narduzzi is a name that interests me as well. Harbaugh is my preference and believe it or not Mark Dantonio is my second choice though that is not going to happen. Guy is one hell of a coach. I'm tired of the "Michigan Man" mantra. I want a guy that is winning at a D1 school without the luxury of these 4 and 5 star recruits.

Pat Narduzzi is a name that interests me as well. Harbaugh is my preference and believe it or not Mark Dantonio is my second choice though that is not going to happen. Guy is one hell of a coach. I'm tired of the "Michigan Man" mantra. I want a guy that is winning at a D1 school without the luxury of these 4 and 5 star recruits.

The Michigan Man thing got overblown IMO. It just so happened that both times we've had an opening the top guy each time was a Michigan Man. Now I think Brady did some good. Despite how bad the offense has been, he's actually stockpiled some really good talent. I just don't know if he has the right mindset to be great.

Rich Rod didn't fail because he wasn't a Michigan Man, he just ended up pissing off the wrong people. Some were guys that had a lot of pull, and some were very popular former players. He also alienated a lot of the Midwest pipelines that have always given Michigan good players for Florida table scraps. Some worked out like Shoelace and Gallon, but a lot didn't.

So if/when Brady is replaced, you need a guy who understands the Midwest.

The Michigan Man thing got overblown IMO. It just so happened that both times we've had an opening the top guy each time was a Michigan Man. Now I think Brady did some good. Despite how bad the offense has been, he's actually stockpiled some really good talent. I just don't know if he has the right mindset to be great.

Rich Rod didn't fail because he wasn't a Michigan Man, he just ended up pissing off the wrong people. Some were guys that had a lot of pull, and some were very popular former players. He also alienated a lot of the Midwest pipelines that have always given Michigan good players for Florida table scraps. Some worked out like Shoelace and Gallon, but a lot didn't.

So if/when Brady is replaced, you need a guy who understands the Midwest.
Demographics have lessened the talent in the midwest. Not a Colin Cowherd fan but he raises a good point about families moving out of the midwest as manufacturing there declines. I am not advocating closing the door on the midwest but you have to be attractive to kids in the south and west and need a guy that understands that. Been a long time since a Big Ten QB was drafted in the first round. Hackenberg should break that whenever he comes out.

Now if they could land Harbaugh you're getting a great coach and would attract top notch QB talent. I just don't see Jim coming to Michigan. I think the Raiders are his likely destination if he leaves SF.

Back
Top Bottom