Mike Hull say perseverance key to making NFL as undrafted free agent | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Hull say perseverance key to making NFL as undrafted free agent

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Former Penn State linebacker Mike Hull really believed he’d be selected in the 2015 NFL draft.
Hull, who recorded 140 tackles in 2014, wasn’t drafted largely because of injury concerns. After a 2013 knee injury, a scope kept him out of the 2015 Senior Bowl and scared teams off.
But Hull landed with the Miami Dolphins and re-signed with the team this offseason after making an impact on special teams in his rookie campaign and playing all 16 games on defense last season while recording 33 tackles.

“It’s definitely been satisfying, sticking it to everyone who thought I couldn’t make it,” Hull said. “I’m still not happy where I’m at; I want to keep improving. It’s always going to be a battle from here on out, but you learn to embrace it — especially when you’re undrafted.”
Hull has been there for some of his former teammates. The Canonsburg native spoke to Schwan throughout the process and kept tabs on Nyeem Wartman-White, who hasn’t yet signed with a club.

Having gone the undrafted free-agent route before, Hull can relate. In 2015, he had to impress the Dolphins from Day 1 with no margin for error.
http://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-football/article148161004.html

Back
Top Bottom