MIKE HULL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MIKE HULL

There are replacement level players who suit up and play on literally every team. Mike Hull is a JAG. A fill in for an injured player. We knows this.

That and he and Chase Allen actually played pretty damn well for backups yesterday lol.

Mike Hull showed up. Wasn't great but he was there. Give us some players better than him before dumping him.

Kid isn't going anywhere, even if Timmons returns. Biggest benefit to Timmons coming back would be he would replace him in nickel. But after McMillan went down, Hull is the only option for MLB in base.

Hull was solid against the run, although he had a few plays where he was late scrapping over the line and was beat to the hole by the running back. He was lost in coverage. He got beat on the screen by Gordon and in cover 3 he was too slow to keep up the TE and RB. If Timmons doesn't return, it'll be scary to imagine what Gronk/White will do to him when we face NE.

Marginal across the board.

Was gonna go in and post specific plays but I think 9 for 9 and 95 yards says it all. Even if pff has it somewhat inflated 10 yards a clip for say 7 even is target practice. How you suppose to get leads and pin ears when your lb level is giving up 10 per clip.

Is it his fault he's playing in the nickel no but that won't stop teams from exploiting the hell out of it.

And in short yardage and goalline he's a liability at the poa. Range is suspect too. Doesn't get off blocks

This guys more a try hard overachiever and specials level than anything else.

Of the 1s he's the biggest exposure

rooting for him especially since my daughter just started Penn State..

Marginal across the board.

Was gonna go in and post specific plays but I think 9 for 9 and 95 yards says it all. Even if pff has it somewhat inflated 10 yards a clip for say 7 even is target practice. How you suppose to get leads and pin ears when your lb level is giving up 10 per clip.

Is it his fault he's playing in the nickel no but that won't stop teams from exploiting the hell out of it.

And in short yardage and goalline he's a liability at the poa. Range is suspect too

This guys more a try hard overachiever and specials level than anything else.

Of the 1s he's the biggest exposure

I agree.

It was obvious who the Chargers were targeting. On a couple of Nickels sets they lined up a TE and RB to Hull's side when he had the flat responsibility and they would run the CB off with the WR, run the TE on a deep out and the RB on a swing pass. One time Hull dropped back underneath the TE and Rivers threw to the RB for an easy 10 yard gain. The next time, he hesitated and came up on the RB and Rivers hit the TE for a 15 yard gain.

He just doesn't have the instincts and athleticism to play a Nickel LB. He is a solid two down backer. Dolphins need more options at LB.

Back
Top Bottom