Mike Mayock Predicts T.J. Watt at 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Mayock Predicts T.J. Watt at 22

jimlerario

Active Roster
Reaction score
I like the pick, but it seems like a reach based on previous mock drafts. Maybe T.J. really is a special prospect and becomes an All-Pro like big bro.

From a football standpoint, I do see the fit. He can be groomed behind Cam Wake and get rotational snaps from day one. My question is can he take snaps at both DE and SAM? If so, I like the versatility and would be thrilled with the pick. Or is he strictly a DE in a 4-3 set?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...mike-mayock-mock-draft-two-qbmotivated-trades

Last edited by a moderator:
You can dislike it and I could see why you might (not you specifically). But he is rising on boards. Not a reach

If Malik Hooker falls that far we better trade up and take him!! I'd say if he's still available around pick 10 we start making some calls.

How far would he need to fall before you start making calls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Malik Hooker falls that far we better trade up and take him!! I'd say if he's still available around pick 10 we start making some calls.

Personally trading up is not an option. We need all Of our picks

You can dislike it and I could see why you might (not you specifically). But he is rising on boards. Not a reach

Where would he play? Strictly DE? Or would he be a 4-3 OLB as well?

This would be a terrible move. We are already pick depleted by the Caroo fiasco from last draft thanks to T-bum. Why would you compound the problem? Better to trade back if you can find a partner.

Where would he play? Strictly DE? Or would he be a 4-3 OLB as well?

Sam LB in our D. And in some situations move to DE. I think he would excel. Just my humble opinion

Malik Hooker is a special player, who is #1 on my top 5 at 22 in the other thread. I would seriously consider trading up for him if still available after the Colts pick at 15, but will be hesitant to give up our 2nd. Obi Melifonwu is an intriguing FS, as well. Nonetheless, he is no Malik Hooker.

This would be a terrible move. We are already pick depleted by the Caroo fiasco from last draft thanks to T-bum. Why would you compound the problem? Better to trade back if you can find a partner.

I totally agree we need all of our picks. And I also would like to trade down if possible. However I believe Hooker is the type of kid you trade up for.

Butch has done a great job keeping us updated as to the type of kid he is and apparently is really high character. And he is a flat out stud on the field.

I think being able to have him play single high and drop Reshad in the box helps everybody out. It's like gaining another LB who can also cover so 2 birds with one stone type deal. At least in my head. You guys are way smarter when it comes to football X and O's haha.

The point is moot as it's not going to happen. Just something fun to consider I guess.

Too much inexperience as he only played one year at DE after a transfer from TE. Inconsistent rusher with poor hand usage. Most of his production came vs TEs and RBs. Best bet is in a 3-4 or 4-3 Under Will until he develops as more of an edge defender and rusher at Sam. His athleticism warrants recognition but not nearly polished enough to spend a first on.

Too much inexperience as he only played one year at DE after a transfer from TE. Inconsistent rusher with poor hand usage. Most of his production came vs TEs and RBs. Best bet is in a 3-4 or 4-3 Under Will until he develops as more of an edge defender and rusher at Sam. His athleticism warrants recognition but not nearly polished enough to spend a first on.

What's the difference between an Over/Under LB?

Back
Top Bottom