Mike Mayock Predicts T.J. Watt at 22 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Mayock Predicts T.J. Watt at 22

What's the difference between an Over/Under LB?

In a 4-3 Over (our scheme), the DL is shifted towards the offensive line strength and all of your LBs are off the ball and the outside backer positions are almost identical.

2e1c8d9594125baba80ef3e25741b925_crop_exact.png

In a 4-3 Under, the DL is shifted towards the offensive line's weak side, the Sam is on or at the LOS over the TE, and the Will is positioned slightly more inside over the guard with more protection from the defensive line to try and keep him cleaner vs the run.

289417f79622d7a2cd53c56f88f123a5_crop_exact.png

Too much inexperience as he only played one year at DE after a transfer from TE. Inconsistent rusher with poor hand usage. Most of his production came vs TEs and RBs. Best bet is in a 3-4 or 4-3 Under Will until he develops as more of an edge defender and rusher at Sam. His athleticism warrants recognition but not nearly polished enough to spend a first on.

Disagree wholeheartedly on the hand usage, inconsistency and production. Watch the Voch Lombardi YouTube on TJ Watt, you'll be impressed.

I was set on TJ Watt for us for about two weeks, then I watched the Voch YouTube yesterday and it cemented it for me. That man has tremendous upside as a pass rusher.

Don't get him started :lol:

I'll keep it simple. :chuckle:

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Disagree wholeheartedly on the hand usage, inconsistency and production. Watch the Voch Lombardi YouTube on TJ Watt, you'll be impressed.

I was set on TJ Watt for us for about two weeks, then I watched the Voch YouTube yesterday and it cemented it for me. That man has tremendous upside as a pass rusher.

Thanks but I prefer game tape in silence and making my own assessment as opposed to someone hand selecting plays with their commentary. I'll live and die on my own hill instead of riding the coattails of others.

sounds like a brilliant pick...would be shocked if Miami had the guts to think long term

In a 4-3 Over (our scheme), the DL is shifted towards the offensive line strength and all of your LBs are off the ball and the outside backer positions are almost identical.

2e1c8d9594125baba80ef3e25741b925_crop_exact.png

In a 4-3 Under, the DL is shifted towards the offensive line's weak side, the Sam is on or at the LOS over the TE, and the Will is positioned slightly more inside over the guard with more protection from the defensive line to try and keep him cleaner vs the run.

289417f79622d7a2cd53c56f88f123a5_crop_exact.png

Nice, thanks for the clarity

Malik Hooker is a special player, who is #1 on my top 5 at 22 in the other thread. I would seriously consider trading up for him if still available after the Colts pick at 15, but will be hesitant to give up our 2nd. Obi Melifonwu is an intriguing FS, as well. Nonetheless, he is no Malik Hooker.

Yeah, if Malik Hooker is dropping down the board and is available at #19 which is where Mayock predicts him, then you trade up and get him!!!

I'll keep it simple. :chuckle:

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Thanks but I prefer game tape in silence and making my own assessment as opposed to someone hand selecting plays with their commentary. I'll live and die on my own hill instead of riding the coattails of others.

I'm not nearly as adept at recognizing the allignments and they're responsibilities to not have commentary...So understand that I appreciate your opinion above my own, even if it's different.

I'm a bit of a purist myself, only my scouting level probably correlates to watching the radio with the sound off.

I'm not nearly as adept at recognizing the allignments and they're responsibilities to not have commentary...So understand that I appreciate your opinion above my own, even if it's different.

I'm a bit of a purist myself, only my scouting level probably correlates to watching the radio with the sound off.

:lol: touche'. That gave me a good chuckle.

I'd be thrilled with Watt if Foster, Reddick, Barnett, Harris, and Taco are gone. He's right up there with Davis and Willis for me.

Personally trading up is not an option. We need all Of our picks

Agreed. For this year at least. There's so many prospects that are dropping because of injuries or character concerns. It won't be a surprise if, 3 years from now, some team completely turns around their franchise just from this single draft similar to what Dallas pulled off.

That said, its going to be painful watching some of these guys drop out of the top 10 and having to wait. So...i'm reserving the right ahead of time to forget about what i just wrote above and rage at our inaction. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom