Mike Sherman on Ryan Tannehill - "He's a 10-year guy" IE- Franchise Quarterback | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Sherman on Ryan Tannehill - "He's a 10-year guy" IE- Franchise Quarterback

Pinkboy

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Mike Sherman basically told Matt Hayes during the college season that Tannehill has all of what it takes to be a franchise QB. It can be heard in the following video:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-path-to-the-draft/09000d5d827a16d3/Who-trades-up-for-Tannehill

I
was iffy on what the Dolphins could be thinking, or if they had any real interest in him. But after hearing this I'd have to believe that Sherman is selling Tannehill to Philbin and Ireland hard (or was selling Tanny hard before the pro day), and that the Dolphins are seriously considering him and it wasn't just a "token" visit for his pro day.

ps- interesting how Mayock was pumping Tannehill to Cleveland all day yesterday. He was saying how McCoy is a #2 not a #1 (meaning mccoy is a backup in the NFL - which I agree with but was surprised how Mayock was so deliberate). And that Tannehill has the athleticism and arm for Holmgren's offense while McCoy doesn't.

Considering how Tannehill's a WC QB and fits in perfectly with Miami's new offense, and all the fan pressure the FO has felt this offseason for an answer at QB, I have pretty much conceded that Tannehill will be Miami's selection at #8 ,.. that's if he's even there.

I think Tannehill will be there at 8.

Almost no chance the Browns take him at 4.

If anything, someone may try to move up at #7 and try to take him from us (Seattle).

I really like Tannehill, but the Dolphins have more than one need. They need to stick to their guns and let the cards fall as they will. If Tannehill is there at 8, grab him. If not, you explore the other options at quarterback. There's quality WCO QBs and multiple tiers of this draft.

8 is the right spot, let him come to you.. I'm pretty sure all this talk of teams in front of miami shopping their picks is all to bait miami into trading up.. If cleveland take him at 4 they can have him, other than that.. is there really any other team that would come up and take him?

I think Tannehill will be there at 8.

Almost no chance the Browns take him at 4.

If anything, someone may try to move up at #7 and try to take him from us (Seattle).

I doubt Seattle is in play for him. They signed Matt Flynn, and I'm sure that was something that was discussed with him before he decided where to sign. My best guess is that Miami couldn't guarantee they wouldn't take a QB in the first, and Seattle could, which is why he signed there...

I just dont like how little experience he has, but if hes on the bench for the first year or two while working with Philbin and Shermani can see it working out

My best guess is that Miami couldn't guarantee they wouldn't take a QB in the first, and Seattle could, which is why he signed there...

Miami probably wouldnt guarantee that he would start either. I could see wily Pete Carroll promising him that. Flynn knows there was a decent chance he wouldnt beat out Moore.

I don't want to move up to get him. If he is there when we pick then fine but I don't see the FO trading pcks away. If we miss out on him take Weeden or Cousins.

I really like Tannehill a lot and think he has everything to develop into a franchise quarterback. I'd be happy if the team drafted him, but at the same time wouldn't be in favor of trading up to get him. I wonder what others think is the dropoff from Tannehill to Cousins? Personally, I don't think Cousins is a franchise qb (Joe Theisman type) while Tannehill has flashed that ability. That being said, I'm not sure Cousins had the talent and coaching staff to develop the way other top-tier qb's have. Would love to hear what others think because I'm sure that's a conversation the Dolphins brass must be having. Is the team better served getting say Coples in round 1 and Cousins in round 2 or a Tannehill/Curry combination? Just something to think about. By the way if Tannehill is gone, I'd be in favor of Kuechly at #1.

I really like Tannehill a lot and think he has everything to develop into a franchise quarterback. I'd be happy if the team drafted him, but at the same time wouldn't be in favor of trading up to get him. I wonder what others think is the dropoff from Tannehill to Cousins? Personally, I don't think Cousins is a franchise qb (Joe Theisman type) while Tannehill has flashed that ability. That being said, I'm not sure Cousins had the talent and coaching staff to develop the way other top-tier qb's have. Would love to hear what others think because I'm sure that's a conversation the Dolphins brass must be having. Is the team better served getting say Coples in round 1 and Cousins in round 2 or a Tannehill/Curry combination? Just something to think about. By the way if Tannehill is gone, I'd be in favor of Kuechly at #1.

DeCastro at 8 and Cousins at 42.............

Colt McCoy didn't project to be anything other than a marginal backup caliber quarterback when he came out of Texas in the first place. There was never any mystery surrounding what type of prospect McCoy was to begin with from my perspective.

If Cleveland wants Ryan Tannehill with the 4th pick in the draft, they're more than welcome to it in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom