Mike Sherman vs. Jeff Ireland: If you could only get rid of one, who would it be? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Sherman vs. Jeff Ireland: If you could only get rid of one, who would it be?

Who do you want gone more?

• Mike Sherman

Votes: 70 43.5%
  • Jeff Ireland

Votes: 91 56.5%

• Total voters
Get rid of Ireland... then whoever takes the job can get rid of Sherman.

Ireland. History has shown bad coaches can win with good players. Good coaches can't consistently win with bad players though.

Jeff Ireland and I don't even see how this is a debate. I have major criticisms of Mike Sherman and some of the things he does, but Jeff Ireland gave him this mess to work with.

Even Mike Sherman isn't as bad an OC as Jeff Ireland is a GM. Get rid of Ireland.

I'd boot Ireland's ass to the curb with a serious quickness, then make Philbin get rid of Sherman and Zac Taylor.

No brainer, Ireland should ave been gone lon ago. Materof fact, he should have never been named the GM to start with.

Ozzy rules!!

Mike Sherman and it's not even close. The talent on this team is evident, that's Ireland's responsibility. People have baseless expectations of draft classes and evaluation, it would be nice if some people looked around the league. Ireland isn't perfect by any stretch, he has made some boneheaded signings but if you ask me at the end of the season, who should we keep Sherman, Ireland or Philbin I wouldn't think twice about saying Ireland. It is on the coaching staff that they cannot get anything out of these players, this team has the talent level, to be as far as I'm concerned 7-4 safely but the coaches have blown it. The play calling, the scheme the approach is just all backwards and it's showing. The biggest issue we have is a disconnect between our GM and coach, they don't see players on the same page so the best fits aren't being drafted so the best coaching isn't being done with them. We realistically need to start fresh as far as coaching and FO go, but we need to keep this core intact and we need to bring a guy in who believes in Tannehill (who won't be hard to find). I would fire Philbin and Sherman for their performance, I would fire Ireland for his reputation and need for the new GM and coach to see eye to eye.

You should've had Ross' name down there. He needs to sell the damn team and stay away from the NFL

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

sherman is retarded and his game planning has costed us games, i hate him with a passion

Packer fans would agree 100% with you

Tough choice they are both fail ..id say new GM because eventually he will bring in his own coach..

Mike Sherman and it's not even close. The talent on this team is evident, that's Ireland's responsibility. People have baseless expectations of draft classes and evaluation, it would be nice if some people looked around the league. Ireland isn't perfect by any stretch, he has made some boneheaded signings but if you ask me at the end of the season, who should we keep Sherman, Ireland or Philbin I wouldn't think twice about saying Ireland. It is on the coaching staff that they cannot get anything out of these players, this team has the talent level, to be as far as I'm concerned 7-4 safely but the coaches have blown it. The play calling, the scheme the approach is just all backwards and it's showing. The biggest issue we have is a disconnect between our GM and coach, they don't see players on the same page so the best fits aren't being drafted so the best coaching isn't being done with them. We realistically need to start fresh as far as coaching and FO go, but we need to keep this core intact and we need to bring a guy in who believes in Tannehill (who won't be hard to find). I would fire Philbin and Sherman for their performance, I would fire Ireland for his reputation and need for the new GM and coach to see eye to eye.

I agree 100%

Back
Top Bottom