Mile Wallace and Keenan Lewis are best friends since childhood. Package deal? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mile Wallace and Keenan Lewis are best friends since childhood. Package deal?

Playmaker76

Active Roster
Reaction score
Apparently Wallace and Lewis have been best friends since childhood. Rashard Mendenhall is also very close to both of them. Could this be a package deal by bringing all 3 to South Beach? It's very possible. Here's a good article about Wallace and Lewis' friendship.

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/2012/...s-two-possible-former-teammates/#.UTw-gIe9LCQ

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...draft-picks-mike-wallace-keenan-lewis-339598/

this seldom correlates in the nfl. these guys esp wallace will be about show me the money

this seldom correlates in the nfl. these guys esp wallace will be about show me the money

This type of situation rarely happens because this type of opportunity rarely presents itself. Three best friends all free agents at the same time and a team with tons of cap space has a need for their positions. There's already talk the Fins are pursuing Rashard. If signing Keenan and Rashard assures Wallace I'm all for it. Kills 3 birds with one stone. Win-win for everybody.

This type of situation rarely happens because this type of opportunity rarely presents itself. Three best friends all free agents at the same time and a team with tons of cap space has a need for their positions. There's already talk the Fins are pursuing Rashard. If signing Keenan and Rashard assures Wallace I'm all for it. Kills 3 birds with one stone. Win-win for everybody.

I still say fat chance these guys are looking out for themselves as they should. wallace is going to highest bidder and if all things are equal best team that bids high

I still say fat chance these guys are looking out for themselves as they should. wallace is going to highest bidder and if all things are equal best team that bids high

I'm not implying this has anything to do with money or that anyone is taking a discount. All I'm saying is that playing in the same place has to be attractive for these guys and if we can reach deals with one it might cause a domino effect and increase the chances of getting the others.

Point is if money is equal for their services we might have the advantage by selling them on the fact they could all play together. Most of the time the money is equal. It comes down to where the free agents feel comfortable. If we play this right we could score all three.

Point is if money is equal for their services we might have the advantage by selling them on the fact they could all play together. Most of the time the money is equal. It comes down to where the free agents feel comfortable. If we play this right we could score all three.

Well it depends alot on who we are equal with. if its a team most people feel can contend we might have trouble convincing them. I personally dont want Mendenhall unless he comes cheap now Lewis I do like. I like Wallace if price is right

Well it depends alot on who we are equal with. if its a team most people feel can contend we might have trouble convincing them. I personally dont want Mendenhall unless he comes cheap now Lewis I do like. I like Wallace if price is right

I think most of these guys realize there is a lot of parity in the NFL. These guys usually go to where they feel most comfortable unless they are at the end of their careers ring chasing. Considering these guys are young and all athletes have huge egos they probably feel like their services will put their new teams in contention. Miami has a lot to sell right now. The perception is we are an up and coming team with a good coach. Plus South Beach is South Beach. That doesn't hurt.

I think most of these guys realize there is a lot of parity in the NFL. These guys usually go to where they feel most comfortable unless they are at the end of their careers ring chasing. Considering these guys are young and all athletes have huge egos they probably feel like their services will put their new teams in contention. Miami has a lot to sell right now. The perception is we are an up and coming team with a good coach. Plus South Beach is South Beach. That doesn't hurt.

i dont think most players in the league know much about philbin unless they played for him so every player will have a different view.

i dont think most players in the league know much about philbin unless they played for him so every player will have a different view.

They saw what Philbin did in Green Bay. Besides, the NFL is like a fraternity. Everyone knows what's up with most coaches and players. They also saw the Green Bay offense sputter without Philbin most of the year. This is their livelihood. They know the deal much better than the fans.

They saw what Philbin did in Green Bay. Besides, the NFL is like a fraternity. Everyone knows what's up with most coaches and players. They also saw the Green Bay offense sputter without Philbin most of the year. This is their livelihood. They know the deal much better than the fans.

Who knows what they thought of what Philbin did in Green Bay, in their mind it could be the head coach. You quite overestimate what players think of coaches they never played for. Im sure some do have much respect for certain coaches, People say the same when players and coaches select probowlers and they show time and time again that they are just as clueless and go with names.

Also loss of Nelson and jennings for a major amount of games contributed more to their struggles than anything

what would keenen lewis cost? mendenhall? Cus thats some cash dealt in one shot.

Who knows what they thought of what Philbin did in Green Bay, in their mind it could be the head coach. You quite overestimate what players think of coaches they never played for. Im sure some do have much respect for certain coaches, People say the same when players and coaches select probowlers and they show time and time again that they are just as clueless and go with names.

I think you quite underestimate what players think of coaches they have never played for, and how reputation travels through word of mouth. In Philbins case everyone knows how great the offense he helped create in Greenbay was, and he has the ring to prove it. That reputation alone is enough to attract players.

Pro bowl guys are taken on name far more often then on field work because the majority of fans recognize the big names.

These "package deals" rarely, if ever, actually come to fruition. Remember last year when we were gonna get Peyton Manning AND Reggie Wayne? Cause, you know, they were "total BFFs forever!" ... :rolleyes2:

This is something I will only believe when i see it. Besides, I'm not sure even I want ALL those players on our team anyway. Does anyone really want to be "Steelers South" any more than they want to be "Dallas East"? We need to focus on the key players out there that can make this free agency a huge success: Wallace, Winston, Cook... If we land those 3 players I will be content until draft day. Any other good signings are just icing on the cake.

Back
Top Bottom