Miles Austin is not the type pf reciever we need! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miles Austin is not the type pf reciever we need!

next-year

MostHated
Reaction score
I really dont beleive he is the type of wr that the dolphins desperatly need, along with him coming at a veryyy hefty price tag he is not the , huge play go up and get it reciever were looking for. I see him as more of a wes welker type player(not as good), he a good possesion reciever, yes he has big plays but if you watch his games a lot of his plays come from romo scrambling around and finding him givign him more than ample time to get open, the same is true for every cowboys reciever. a lot of his plays also come against the number 2 cb on the team.

we need a wr with jump ball ability and speed.

i personally feel like we need someone like a , (i know they are not available) sidney rice, crabtree, andre johnson, reggie wayne, kenny bitt, ocho cinco, steve smith, to, braylon edwards, santonio holmes, etc....

i see austin as a downgraded version of housmanzadah/ hines ward type but siginifigantly downgraded. he is an Awesome #2 dont get me wrong, but we will be gettign him for # 1 money , let jerry jones overpay him. lets find someone else or draft someoneone in round 2.

You are nuts. Miles Austin is exactly the type receiver every team would want, let alone the Dolphins. He is fast, quick, and can break tackles. He makes big plays down field, or he can take a short pass and take it the distance. It would be a dream to have him on this roster, but don 't hold your breath. Dallas will never let him walk.

we need a reciever with an ability to creat yards after the catch... Because of our penchant for throwing basically only curls and come back routes, a reciever who creates yards after catch is a priority.. Maybe Austin is man? If he is, cool, if he isnt.. thats what we need... In any respect, IMO he will not be a Miami Dolphin next year

This post really doesn't even make any sense. You say we need a WR with jump ball ability and speed but then List Wayne and Steve Smith as the types of wr's we need and the ones we don't you say Braylon Edwards. Neither Smith or wayne are "jump ball" types of WR's but they both are very very good and so is Miles Austin.

This post really doesn't even make any sense. You say we need a WR with jump ball ability and speed but then List Wayne and Steve Smith as the types of wr's we need and the ones we don't you say Braylon Edwards. Neither Smith or wayne are "jump ball" types of WR's but they both are very very good and so is Miles Austin.

steve smith makes his living of jump balls, wayne does too

i honestly feel he is verryyy overrated, i used to watch him play in college i live 20 minutes away from monmouth.

ill consider him a poor mans boldin until he has another season like this one.

So we don't need a WR who can actually catch the ball?

Because that is what Miles Austin does, gets open and catches the ball, while scoring TD's.

I think that is part of the reason why he is a Pro Bowler, its because he is a good WR. And from what we have seen this year, a guy like Miles Austin is exactly what we need.

On a team where Brian Hartline is the biggest playmaker at WR, who needs Miles Austin <sarcasm>

wayne makes his living with jump balls? wow thats a very inaccurate statement...

anyway Miles Austin is big, fast, runs good routes, young and has sick hands...

Back
Top Bottom