Miles Austin? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miles Austin?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Schefter is insinuating that Miles Austin might be cut for the Cowboys to get under the cap? Do you think pairing him up with either Jennings or Wallace would be a good move?

Yes, yes and yes. Miles was used wrong in Dallas of late. Having Bess in the slot would allow him to do what he does best. Minimal $ compared to Jennings or Wallace.

I would strongly support this. I'm not aware of any flags on Miles Austin

If I am not mistaken, Ireland had a hand in signing him as an UDFA in Dallas back in 2006, so there is history there.

I would pre-empt the cut and trade something small for him because I would want to keep his contract as-is. In this free agency where we're talking about Greg Jennings demanding $14 million and Mike Wallace demanding $12 million, I don't want Mile Austin negotiating on the free agent market because I think he'll do better than the $19 million he's set to make over the next 3 years. And if you trade for that, none of it is guaranteed, you can cut him at any point and not suffer cap penalties.

I would do it if we can't get Wallace and Jennings... I'd go for both first and then go for Austin. But we have to sign EITHER or Wallace and Jennings

CK is spot on. Call Jones and offer him a 6th or 7th right now! 3yrs/19million is a bargain. If he gets cut and we have to negotiate a new contract it s going to cost A LOT more.

If Ireland hasn't already had multiple conversations with Jerry Jones I would be extremely pissed.

Trade for Austin and resign Hartline. Focus on WR in the 2nd round.

Back
Top Bottom