Miles Austin? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miles Austin?

Much rather have Jennings and Austin plus Ertz or Eifert

I think Jerry would shop Austin rather than cut him......and I would assume take the best draft pick offered outside the Division. Isn't that typically what every GM does with a player who has value and a reasonable contract before they cut the player.

It depends on the money Austin Wants, But I'd do it. My only knock on him is the lingering Hamstring Issue he has had over the past two years, but YES! I'd sign him.

There was a report out that the Cowboys staff had to "save Austin from himself" in terms of him staying properly hydrated. That was a big concern for his hamstring issues.

Miles Austin - WR - CowboysCowboys coach Jason Garrett has attributed Miles Austin's persistent hamstring
injuries to dehydration.

Garrett also believes the coaching staff needs to "protect Austin from himself" during the week. "The only issue we’ve had with Miles is simply health," Garrett added. "I was really proud of him last year because he wasn’t healthy and he wasn’t healthy the whole year. I saw a really good burst from him maybe about twice and he still caught 66 or so balls and was a productive player."

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a report out that the Cowboys staff had to "save Austin from himself" in terms of him staying properly hydrated. That was a big concern for his hamstring issues.

Interesting, on one hand I love the guy's attitude and natural abilities, on the other hand I'm worried about his hamstring issues. Either way, if we can swing a reasonable deal for him I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him in a Fins uniform.

I would pre-empt the cut and trade something small for him because I would want to keep his contract as-is. In this free agency where we're talking about Greg Jennings demanding $14 million and Mike Wallace demanding $12 million, I don't want Mile Austin negotiating on the free agent market because I think he'll do better than the $19 million he's set to make over the next 3 years. And if you trade for that, none of it is guaranteed, you can cut him at any point and not suffer cap penalties.
The Cowboys are over the cap and one of the reasons why they are looking to dump Austin now is to get under it before the start of the league year. Since trades can't happen until the start of the new league year the Dolphins can't offer anything beforehand. You would have to try and convince the cap strapped Cowboys to hold onto him until 4:00PM on March 12th and force them to cut other players to get under the cap.

hes a good player, but he's just as injury prone as greg jennings. he always seems to hurt his hamstrings...

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

hes a good player, but he's just as injury prone as greg jennings. he always seems to hurt his hamstrings.... i would look into him but for the right price

i would like the sound of a Austin/Jennings combo (along with a pair of young recievers via draft) ..considering the fact that by the time Austin & Jennings are on the steep decline because of age, the young recievers we acquired should be well developed & ready to take over ... i believe that would be more financially beneficial instead of putting a LARGE amount of cap space on a guy like Wallace $11+ million- giving him Calvin Johnson-like money even though he is nowhere near as dominant as CJ

Austin and Jennings would scare the **** out of defensive coordinators. Austin and Wallace and its game ****ing over.

Get any one of the three and I'm happy.

Back
Top Bottom