Miller Time? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miller Time?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
Thomas is out, and Bush is still nursing the knee injury. The Lambs are weak vs the run, and this could be a VG opportunity for Miller. His blocking scares me but, we are going to need him.

Probably not no. The fact he got zero snaps last week says something. This forum adores him because of what college team he played for but he just isnt NFL ready. Expect to see more of Thigpen and Lane. Miller will get more snaps than last week but its not that hard to improve on zero.

Miller makes one run against a gassed oak defense and everyone wants him to start.

He made more than one run and his ypc is pretty good. It makes sense to give more carries now since Reggie is banged up a little. And just watching him compared to d Thomas, Lamar looks like a natural rb with good patience and vision where a Thomas looks clunky and indecisive when he runs

Miller's role will remain limited, I expect to see him on some screens against the blitz to neutralize the pressure coming at Tanny.

Miller makes one run against a gassed oak defense and everyone wants him to start.

Wrong. He's averaging 5 ypc without that run. IMHO he isn't ready to start, but so far he's been an effective runner, and he will eventually break one.

From what I was reading about Miller, he wasn't understanding the playbook, and Philbin kind of has him in his doghouse. I think the talent is there...he just needs to put in the effort.

thigpen is not playing over miller lol, thigpen better improve his returns or he might lose the only reason he was kept over slaton

thigpen is not playing over miller lol, thigpen better improve his returns or he might lose the only reason he was kept over slaton

You do realise he is a top 10 if not top 5 punt returner? The internet never ceases to amaze me.

lol its always funnny to read all the ppl on finheaven who think they actually know the dolphins gameplan for every game. Face it ppl, no one knows philbins game plan, everyon sittin here sayin he is sittin out you are just taking a guess like everyone else, philbin wont give out his gameplan to anyone, miller might be involved in the gameplan, no one knows, but the speculation can continue as usual.

You do realise he is a top 10 if not top 5 punt returner? The internet never ceases to amaze me.

outside of week 1 what has he done? take away that 1 punt and Thigpen averages 9.27 yards per punt return which is 23rd. he is also 25th in kickoff returns. in the Jets game he is why we started inside the 20 on 3 occasions

he fields punts at the wrong time inside the 20, his decision making is very questionable, please dont base everything on stats and watch the game

Last edited by a moderator:
And that fumble recovery last week against the Bungles is solely on Thigpen. Another huge problem with Thigpen is he doesnt field the punts, if he doesnt start doing that and helping this team out with hidden lost yards he will find himself playing north of the border yet again! No way does he take snaps from Miller, your out of your mind. In the preseason he barely sniffed a run, he was mostly used as a slot receiver on offense, and that wasn't until the 4th quarter when teams are just trying to end games!

I do agree he has had some nice kick returns, but he has had alot of issues back there, hence the reason we see Bess back there during the crucial moments of games, that doesn't speak well of Thigpen if Philbin and Co are putting Bess back there at his sole position during crunch time! Bess is 1 of 2 weapons on offense so throwing him out there for special teams says alot about the faith in Thigpen in crunch time!

Back
Top Bottom