Minor Vs. Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minor Vs. Williams

archaeotherium

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I keep seeing people want to sign/trade for a new back to replace Ricky, but in my opinon I think they should just stick with Minor. So i decided to compare Williams and Minors stats

Stats of last 2 seasons
Williams - 775 ATT - 3225 YDS - 4.16 AVG - 25 TD
Minor - 85 ATT - 373 YDS - 4.38 AVG - 3 TD

Over the last 2 seasons Minor has a better AVG then ricky, plus a better ATT to TD ratio (Ricky - 31/1, Minor 28.3/1)

So, i hope that Minor gets the nod, and they save picks and resign o-gun.

My 2 cents.

Altho i agree with u im think we should stick with what we got, i dont agree with your logic. Minor is a situational back, so these cant b used very accuratley. Its impossible to tell wether he could have tht sucseess with Rickys carries. Also, to b negative, the majority of minors stats were against poor defences like Indi, and Buffalo when they were horrible.

Teams knew Ricky was going to run it. They weren't sure when Travis was in.

i think minor will be fine. the biggest difference between minor and williams is power. minor has all the other tools, except for power. now only time will show what difference that lack of power will prove.

archaeotherium said:
I keep seeing people want to sign/trade for a new back to replace Ricky, but in my opinon I think they should just stick with Minor. So i decided to compare Williams and Minors stats

Stats of last 2 seasons
Williams - 775 ATT - 3225 YDS - 4.16 AVG - 25 TD
Minor - 85 ATT - 373 YDS - 4.38 AVG - 3 TD

Over the last 2 seasons Minor has a better AVG then ricky, plus a better ATT to TD ratio (Ricky - 31/1, Minor 28.3/1)

So, i hope that Minor gets the nod, and they save picks and resign o-gun.

My 2 cents.
Are you serious? You can't be.

Obviously, Minor hasn't been used in too many situations that count. However, there are some backs that get used in garbage time and do nothing. So, I think there is some potential there.

Keep in mind, this team had problems last year, and missed the playoffs the past 2 years WITH RICKY WILLIAMS. Losing Ricky will force Wannstedt to be a little more creative. This will be a good thing.

Getting Eddie George, or Stacy Mack or Anthony Thomas or Ron Dayne is not the answer. I hope the Dolphins don't go trading anything of value for any used-up running backs. Nobody is going to trade a quality back at this time of year. Not even Minnesota, if everybody there is healthy. Depth in the NFL is key to success.

Get used to the idea of Travis Minor at RB. Remember, this is still a very good defense, and a good (possibly great) receiving corps. The passing game will be better this year, gauranteed.

Great story, gave me a lot of hope. I can't wait to watch what our offense cooks up this year. Right now I'm not even worried if we don't do so hot, because as long as I'm entertained this year its worth it.

BUT, we're STILL going 12-4 :D

i had the luck to get to watch Minor play while going to FSU and have followed him since....as well as Dunn (uh...that'd be Warrick....tampa now w/atlanta)....I think Minor can be a good back for us and should not be taken for the typical backup RB. He may not be a big pounder like Ricky, but w/Minor and another solid RB....(if Morris pans out) then we have a nice 1-2 punch that will make defenses plan against 2 runners as well as whatever passing game we manage to put up as well. Believe it or not, I think we'll be fine running it by comittee and I actually am a bit more excited at the opportunities and the fact that other teams have little idea as to how we're going to come at them and with what. Practices having up to 5 receivers.....running by comittee....this will be a very interesting year offensively I think.

I DO like Minor, but until he touches the ball 400 times this season, I'm not ready to compare him to R****.

Thats like comparing a MLB pitcher with 50 career starts that is 2 games over .500 to a guy with 10 career starts that is 3 games over .500. Let travis get 350 touches and then well see. Good thought though.

I'll be happy with Travis getting in the 225 range and Morris taking another 150 or so. See the below attempts by other rushers in the league. I believe Minor has what it takes to do 250-300 / year but very few backs rush for this 350 to 400 figure and I don't think it should be a realistic goal of most backs in the league. I don't want another "Ricky" on our hands and our offense doing the same right/left/center run with another RB. We can EASILY have success in a running game with 2 above avg. backs rather then just 1 pounder left/right/center.

Shaun Alexander 326
Tiki Barber 278
Kevan Barlow 201
Jerome Bettis 246
Corey Dillon 138
Warrick Dunn 125
Marshall Faulk 209
Eddie George 312
Antowain Smith 182
Ahman Green 355
Troy Hambrick 275
Garrison Hearst 178
Priest Holmes 320
Jamal Lewis 387
Edgerrin James 310
Stacey Mack 93
Curtis Martin 323
Deuce McAllister 351
Clinton Portis 290
Emmitt Smith 90
Duce Staley 96
Fred Taylor 345
LaDainian Tomlinson 313
Brian Westbrook 117
Ricky Williams 392

Minor, 3 years in league as backup RB, and part-time kick-returner etc. Not too shabby for such limited playing time. This is his ticket to the ball....now it's his turn to dance full-time...

Total Career Rushing Attempts: 144, Avg 4.5, Lg 56
Total Career Receiving: 33, avg 8.4, Lg 12
Total Carerr Kick Returns: 80, Avg. 22.5, Lg 66

FUMBLES:
GAMES Fum Lost Fum Forced Own Rec Opp Rec Yards Tot Rec TD
...48.....0......0........1...............1..........0..........0....1..........1

Back
Top Bottom