MNF and the ridiculousness of it all

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RB23RW34, Nov 6, 2012.

1. RB23RW34

RB23RW34 Rookie

After putting the pieces together that the Chiefs are playing on MNF next week, I reviewed the 2012 MNF scheduled and found some interesting things out.

Teams that dont play on MNF this year: (last years record)
    Miami 6-10
    Buffalo 6-10
    Cleveland 4-12
    Jacksonville 5-11
    Indianapolis 2-14
    Minnesota 3-13
    Tampa Bay 4-12
    St. Louis 2-14

Teams that get to play on MNF this year: (last years record)
    Oakland (8-8)
    Seattle (7-9)
    San Diego (8-8)
    Arizona (8-8)
    Kansas City (7-9)
    Carolina (6-10)
    Washington (5-11)

I just find it funny how the NFL basically grouped us in the 'completely suck' bracket rather than the 'kinda suck' bracket... I feel like we will get 2 MNF games next year for sure tho. One division rival and one mixed conference game.

2. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

Had we signed Peyton , we would have had 2 MNF games. Rookie head coach , rookie qb=no MNF.

3. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama FinHeaven VIP

We get a TNF game though

4. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

7-9 or better gets you on MNF...Carolina got on their because of the hype surrounding Cam Newton and Washington got on their because I'm pretty sure they traded up in the draft and everyone knew they were taking RG3 and so there was a lot of hype around him...not to mention the huge following the Redskins have.

Truthfully, if you look at our home attendance this year, who the heck wants to see that on national television. We've been at 74.2% capacity this season...about 7% lower than the next team...who happens to be Tampa Bay and the next team above that is Jacksonville. What does that tell you about the fans in Florida? The three lowest teams in terms of home attendance are all in Florida and the Dolphins are by far the worst. How we're worse than the Jaguars is baffling. I'm glad we're not on national TV cause it would be embarrassing to see all those empty seats and hear all the media outlets make that the story instead of the game. We've had enough black eyes from the media in the last couple of years to last a decade.

5. Ilovemyfins4eva

Ilovemyfins4eva A True Fan Donator

mnf sucks. snf is the big prime time game now.

in the 80s and 90s mnf was huge, now its 2nd to snf.

if we are striving for primetime, snf is the one to strive for.

6. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

I still prefer the MNF game. I'm usually burned out from watching football all day or too drunk to care about the SNF game

7. RB23RW34

RB23RW34 Rookie

Agreed with the SNF being primetime comment... we'll be there next year as well. I have a feeling that our rematch w/ Luck and the Colts will be a primetime next year (both need to finish in same spot within divisons, 2nd...)

8. MiamiMike74

MiamiMike74 Scout Team

plus if we win 3 of the next 4 games i can see one of our games against the pats getting flexed ( imo)

9. AdamC13

AdamC13 Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

If the team doesn't win it better be at least entertaining. Miami was neither of those last year. Dolphins didn't earn the right to be on MNF...this year.

10. Ilovemyfins4eva

i hear that, i was not reffering to preference though, i was just pointing out that snf is now the big one, compared to back in the day when mnf was the big show

11. Phantom

Phantom Phantom Donator

I hate MNF and never watch it unless the Fins are playing.

12. Ilovemyfins4eva

ur not missing anything, lol.

all prime time games have been awful for the most part this year.

if u really think about it, over the past 4 years or so, one can argue the dolphins have played in 2 of the more exciting primetime games ( jets dolphins mnf 2009, snf 2010, and dolphins colts 2009 mnf)

13. Kyndig

Kyndig Seasoned Veteran Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

To be fair, when they made the sched there was no reason not to put us in the suck bracket. Carolina has Cam Newton and at the time they made this sched he was considered to be one of the most electrifying players in the league. Washington is a huge market, bigger than Miami so that's what that was about, and the rest of those teams had a better record than we did and probably had higher attendance at their stadiums and higher ratings on tv. What's not to understand?

we keep winning this year and we'll be on Monday night football next year fo sho...

Peace out...

14. ChrisTRD

ChrisTRD A True Fan

I prefer the excitement of SNF to MNF now. NBC does a much better job than ESPN. But I do agree on the watching football all day, too tired drunk to care about SNF. The thing is if the Phins were on SNF, I'd be way too pumped to allow myself to get that way.

15. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

Fine by me as I don't care about nationally televised games

16. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Every team gets one of those and TNF games suck.

17. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

Did you thin Buffalo "completely sucked" last year? I think we "Completely sucked" last year.

Regarding the teams with an equal or worse record than we had last year who has a MNF game. Carolina - as long as Cam is their QB, they will have a MNF game. Washington - They will get at least 1 MNF game every year regardless of their record.

We were the absolute laughing stock of the league last year so I am not surprised as to why we did not get one MNF game. Next year, I fully expect to have at least one MNF game, but I do believe we will get 2. One being against either the Jets or Rats and another.

18. Phin-Omenon

Phin-Omenon Ramblin' Man

Thank you for this. I tried to post a similar post before the season and went into detail on who got all the prime time games and who didn't but I mistakenly deleted it all and never had the time to go back and do it again. I think the Jets and Patriots both have 5 prime time (SNF and MNF) games. I think the Eagles, Steelers, Cowboys, Ravens, and Giants all had 4+. Yeah the same Eagles that won one more game than us last year. Winning gets you there, but it also doesn't hurt to be one of the teams that the NFL likes. There's no reason that they can't give each team at least one SNF and/or MNF game. I know they NFL 'gave' each team at least one Thursday game (how kind of them) but those games suck and in my opinion shouldn't be considered prime time.

I know people talk about our attendance problems and all that but being in prime time (and having a good team) is how you get new fans and gain loyalty. I also realize that money has alot to do with it but the NFL would benefit from better coverage of all the teams in the league rather than keeping their favorite owners happy.

We are one of the black sheep teams of the league. It shows in scheduling, coverage, and game day officiating. It's just too obvious to not admit it. Even when we do well it doesn't get much better.

19. Jeep

Jeep Premium Member Donator

Thats incorrect... in the 70's MNF was an event... the entire country all huddled around the TV on Monday nights.. Living on the West Coast, my family all ate dinner on TV trays and the sight of the full moon shining over the ocean and the Orange Bowl while Don Merideth sings Moon over Miami still brings back fond memories..

Its one of those things where you had to be there to appreciate what this team was at one time...

20. Codemaster

Codemaster Active Member

I personally don't care when we play. I will watch every game regardless. I think the NFL would have better quality prime time games if they randomly picked them. When they try to predict the games for the next year they bombard us with crap game after crap game. At least if they picked random they would have some decent SNF/MNF games once in a while.