MNF and the ridiculousness of it all | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MNF and the ridiculousness of it all

RB23RW34

Rookie
Reaction score
After putting the pieces together that the Chiefs are playing on MNF next week, I reviewed the 2012 MNF scheduled and found some interesting things out.

Teams that dont play on MNF this year: (last years record)
Miami 6-10
Buffalo 6-10
Cleveland 4-12
Jacksonville 5-11
Indianapolis 2-14
Minnesota 3-13
Tampa Bay 4-12
St. Louis 2-14

Teams that get to play on MNF this year: (last years record)
Oakland (8-8)
Seattle (7-9)
San Diego (8-8)
Arizona (8-8)
Kansas City (7-9)
Carolina (6-10)
Washington (5-11)

I just find it funny how the NFL basically grouped us in the 'completely suck' bracket rather than the 'kinda suck' bracket... I feel like we will get 2 MNF games next year for sure tho. One division rival and one mixed conference game.

7-9 or better gets you on MNF...Carolina got on their because of the hype surrounding Cam Newton and Washington got on their because I'm pretty sure they traded up in the draft and everyone knew they were taking RG3 and so there was a lot of hype around him...not to mention the huge following the Redskins have.

Truthfully, if you look at our home attendance this year, who the heck wants to see that on national television. We've been at 74.2% capacity this season...about 7% lower than the next team...who happens to be Tampa Bay and the next team above that is Jacksonville. What does that tell you about the fans in Florida? The three lowest teams in terms of home attendance are all in Florida and the Dolphins are by far the worst. How we're worse than the Jaguars is baffling. I'm glad we're not on national TV cause it would be embarrassing to see all those empty seats and hear all the media outlets make that the story instead of the game. We've had enough black eyes from the media in the last couple of years to last a decade.

mnf sucks. snf is the big prime time game now.

in the 80s and 90s mnf was huge, now its 2nd to snf.

if we are striving for primetime, snf is the one to strive for.

mnf sucks. snf is the big prime time game now.

in the 80s and 90s mnf was huge, now its 2nd to snf.

if we are striving for primetime, snf is the one to strive for.
I still prefer the MNF game. I'm usually burned out from watching football all day or too drunk to care about the SNF game

Agreed with the SNF being primetime comment... we'll be there next year as well. I have a feeling that our rematch w/ Luck and the Colts will be a primetime next year (both need to finish in same spot within divisons, 2nd...)

Agreed with the SNF being primetime comment... we'll be there next year as well. I have a feeling that our rematch w/ Luck and the Colts will be a primetime next year (both need to finish in same spot within divisons, 2nd...)
plus if we win 3 of the next 4 games i can see one of our games against the pats getting flexed ( imo)

If the team doesn't win it better be at least entertaining. Miami was neither of those last year. Dolphins didn't earn the right to be on MNF...this year.

I still prefer the MNF game. I'm usually burned out from watching football all day or too drunk to care about the SNF game
i hear that, i was not reffering to preference though, i was just pointing out that snf is now the big one, compared to back in the day when mnf was the big show

I hate MNF and never watch it unless the Fins are playing.

I hate MNF and never watch it unless the Fins are playing.
ur not missing anything, lol.

all prime time games have been awful for the most part this year.

if u really think about it, over the past 4 years or so, one can argue the dolphins have played in 2 of the more exciting primetime games ( jets dolphins mnf 2009, snf 2010, and dolphins colts 2009 mnf)

After putting the pieces together that the Chiefs are playing on MNF next week, I reviewed the 2012 MNF scheduled and found some interesting things out.

Teams that dont play on MNF this year: (last years record)
Miami 6-10
Buffalo 6-10
Cleveland 4-12
Jacksonville 5-11
Indianapolis 2-14
Minnesota 3-13
Tampa Bay 4-12
St. Louis 2-14

Teams that get to play on MNF this year: (last years record)
Oakland (8-8)
Seattle (7-9)
San Diego (8-8)
Arizona (8-8)
Kansas City (7-9)
Carolina (6-10)
Washington (5-11)

I just find it funny how the NFL basically grouped us in the 'completely suck' bracket rather than the 'kinda suck' bracket... I feel like we will get 2 MNF games next year for sure tho. One division rival and one mixed conference game.

To be fair, when they made the sched there was no reason not to put us in the suck bracket. Carolina has Cam Newton and at the time they made this sched he was considered to be one of the most electrifying players in the league. Washington is a huge market, bigger than Miami so that's what that was about, and the rest of those teams had a better record than we did and probably had higher attendance at their stadiums and higher ratings on tv. What's not to understand?

we keep winning this year and we'll be on Monday night football next year fo sho...

Peace out...

I prefer the excitement of SNF to MNF now. NBC does a much better job than ESPN. But I do agree on the watching football all day, too tired drunk to care about SNF. The thing is if the Phins were on SNF, I'd be way too pumped to allow myself to get that way.

Back
Top Bottom