MNF at MetLife Stadium... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MNF at MetLife Stadium...

Ummmmm new jersey and ny are in no way connected. Nor is Bergen county new jersey any type of suburb of ny. Ny is ny. Nj is nj. When the nets move to Brooklyn they will no longer b a nj team. The end.

I love when people who have no clue what they are talking about act like they do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_metropolitan_area

The counties and county groupings constituting the New York metropolitan area are listed below with 2009 U.S. Census Bureau estimates of their populations.

New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island, NY-NJ-PA Metropolitan Statistical Area (19,069,796)

New York-White Plains-Wayne, NY-NJ Metropolitan Division (11,732,233)
Kings County (Brooklyn), NY
Queens County, NY
New York County (Manhattan), NY
Bronx County, NY
Richmond County (Staten Island), NY
Westchester County, NY
Bergen County, NJ
Hudson County, NJ
Passaic County, NJ
Rockland County, NY
Putnam County, NY
Nassau-Suffolk, NY Metropolitan Division (2,875,904)
Suffolk County
Nassau County
Edison-New Brunswick, NJ Metropolitan Division (2,335,390)
Middlesex County
Monmouth County
Ocean County
Somerset County
Newark-Union, NJ-PA Metropolitan Division (2,126,269)
Essex County, NJ
Union County, NJ
Morris County, NJ
Sussex County, NJ
Hunterdon County, NJ
Pike County, PA
[edit] Other metropolitan areas in the regionIn addition to the New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island, NY-NJ-PA Metropolitan Statistical Area, the following Metropolitan Statistical Areas are also included in the New York-Newark-Bridgeport, NY-NJ-CT-PA Combined Statistical Area (total pop. 22,232,494):

Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk,Connecticut Metropolitan Statistical Area (916,829)
Fairfield County
New Haven-Milford, CT Metropolitan Statistical Area (862,477)
New Haven County
Poughkeepsie-Newburgh-Middletown, NY Metropolitan Statistical Area (677,094)
Orange County
Dutchess County
Trenton-Ewing, NJ Metropolitan Statistical Area (366,222)
Mercer County
Torrington, CT Micropolitan Statistical Area (189,927)
Litchfield County
Kingston, NY Metropolitan Statistical Area (182,693)
Ulster County (182,693)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why the Jets need to get their money up and get a place in New York.

I know the Dolfans NYC club is getting a huge block of tix for this game, something like 75-100 phin fan all in the same sec together. pretty awesome!

Great!!! I hope you have the section right next to "Fireman ED". Put him on YOUR shoulders so he can do his J E T S SUCK, SUCK, SUCK. Then dump him down on his head. Have a great time. Being a NY Fin Fan in Saratoga Springs, NY I can tell you when going to the meadowlands there is "Safety in Numbers". Phins are going to ROLL the JETS!!!! 24 to 10

why is that?

We tried to build a new Stadium in Manhattan, it didn't work. Land is so previous there that there was no way they were getting a Stadium built but they sunk a ton of money into trying.

2003_11_jetsstadium-1.jpg

why is that?

We tried to build a new Stadium in Manhattan, it didn't work. Land is so previous there that there was no way they were getting a Stadium built but they sunk a ton of money into trying.

I was actually rooting for the stadium to be built in Manhattan, as were the New York Olympic committee. They needed that stadium there to be in the running for the 2012 Olympics. But the community did the right thing to veto that proposal. It would have been a logistical nightmare for something so big with so little room!

I wish we got it, that Stadium looks so much nicer than the tin can we have now and it would have been great taking trains to the game rather than sitting in traffic.

fiftyofhaze said:
Ummmmm new jersey and ny are in no way connected. Nor is Bergen county new jersey any type of suburb of ny. Ny is ny. Nj is nj. When the nets move to Brooklyn they will no longer b a nj team. The end.

Swantoon said:

why is that?

imagesqtbnANd9GcQXqZIIbbfFUwnbpQh5ubNchu-1.jpg

I wish we got it, that Stadium looks so much nicer than the tin can we have now and it would have been great taking trains to the game rather than sitting in traffic.
We (we, as in NYC resident), almost did. If memory serves me right, it came down to the final hour. Funny thing was that the Olympics, not so much the Jets, was the reason why it almost was approved. The Olympics in the city would have been insane!

why is that?

It would be hard to see an Orange Cam Wake Jersey in that monstrosity.

I was actually rooting for the stadium to be built in Manhattan, as were the New York Olympic committee. They needed that stadium there to be in the running for the 2012 Olympics. But the community did the right thing to veto that proposal. It would have been a logistical nightmare for something so big with so little room!

Manhattan is congested enough. Thought it would've been kinda cool, a new stadium there would not make much sense. You see how crazy 34th st is on nights when the Knicks play, and that's just an Arena. Imagine a 75,000 seat stadium.

Touche. That's why I'll be taking NJ transit to the stadium on Monday night. Getting outta there after the game is the P.I.T.A. I'm thinking I'll take the bus back to port authority 42nd st.

why is that?

The stadium was a rip off of the taxpayers. For once, the state pols did the right thing by New York State taxpayers. West Side Stadium

The stadium was a rip off of the taxpayers. For once, the state pols did the right thing by New York State taxpayers. West Side Stadium

That Stadium would have been huge for NYC- SBs every 4-5 years, Final Fours every few years, College bowl game, concerts, conventions,...

It was shot down b/c the Dolans paid off politicians so they could keep all the big events at MSG.

Back
Top Bottom