Mo Brown? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mo Brown?

noizeii

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i heard a rumor that former university of iowa WR maurice brown had an open workout with the dolphins to maybe become a WR?

can anybody confirm this?

ii

Yes he did, I don't know much about him though.

Dolphins | M. Brown Works Out - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 08:44:47 -0700

Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports undrafted rookie free agent WR Maurice Brown (Iowa) recently visited the Miami Dolphins for a workout.

He was U of Iowa's best WR, but he got hurt in like week 3 (thats a guess) against Iowa State. He came back for like the last couple games sparingly, but didn't do much. He probably would've been a 4th or 5th round pick if he wasn't hurt the whole year. My guess is he is still a FA cause he still has some issues with the injury which I think was his foot/ankle.

I live in Iowa City and am a huge Hawk fan. Mo Brown did get hurt really bad (ankle) and most people around here were surprised he even came back and played last year. He has great hands and average speed. Would be a good 3rd WR. IMO.

Here's the Sporting News analysis of Maurice Brown...

6' 03/8" 212 lbs 4.48-40 projected..4th round

NFL Comparison..Dez White, Falcons

STRENGTHS: Has better physical skills than his production and draft grade indicate. Has good leg power and a strong upper body. Is physical, aggressive and fearless over the middle. Catches ball in traffic. Runs with power and good straight-line speed. Shows a second gear in open field.

WEAKNESSESS: Intangibles and inexperience are concerns. Missed significant time as a senior because of an ankle injury. Is raw. Tends to round off routes and has troublegaining seperation out of cuts. Drops too many catchable passes. Doesn't always give good effort on the backside or after the initial play breaks down. Needs to work harder as a blocker.

BOTTOM LINE: Brown should continue to improve with experience and could develop into a No. 3 receiver.

FINAL GRADE: 5.0 ..eventual starter

There ya go. Maybe Coach Sullivan can help him develop.

Nice bring in more talent.. I dont know if its just me, but ithinkwe improved our team dramastically than last year. im starting to think we have a chance in the east..Lol

Back
Top Bottom