Mock Draft- April 12th, 2013 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Draft- April 12th, 2013

Phins89

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So here's my mock draft:

I don't see us trading up. Ireland isn't like that to trade up in the 1st. Using later rounds, to trade into earlier rounds (like DT, yes).

I don't see us trading down. Though we do have the flexibility to trade down thanks to Ireland filling a bunch of needs. If we did trade down it would be with the likes of the Steelers or Cowboys (Chicago is a no go seeing as how we already have their 3rd, and i doubt they give us their 2nd). A trade with:
Cowboys or Giants (our 1st 4th, and a 7th for their 1st and 2nd),
Steelers (our 1st and 4th for their 1st and 2nd)

Bess is traded for a 6th or 7th.

Like I said, I don't see it happening. There's no need to trade down when we have plenty of picks in the first 3 rounds (although I'm not against it. I'd like to see another 2nd rounder...But Ireland's history is sketchy).

12th: Tyler Eifert: We get a deadly 2 tight end set. Finally fix the middle of the field with seam threats. Wallace, Hartline, and Gibson on the outside.
42: *I still think Ireland will try and get J. Abraham either before or after the draft, so this could change* Alex Okafor
54: Darius Slay: CB
3A: Dallas Thomas: finally get a tackle. I know it's a little late for one but my cousin's husband was roommates with Jahri Evans (4th rounder) at Bloomsburg. Constantly hearing about him haha... You can get a quality starting tackle or guard in these rounds. All he needs is the proper coaching, which we now have.
3B: Baccari Rambo: depth at safety.
4: Ryan Swope: replaces Bess and already has chemistry with Tannehill. With Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Swope, Keller and Eifert......Damn. Just, damn.
5: Marcus Lattimore?? That work for some people? Bring in some competition. If he returns to full health it's a great pick.

QB: Tannehill, Moore
WR: Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Swope, Matthews
TE: Keller, Eifert, Clay...Bye Egnew
OL: Martin, Cognito, Pouncey, Loius, Thomas (Yeatman, Jerry depth)
RB: Miller, Thomas, Lattimore

DL: Starks, Soliai,
DE: Wake, Abraham, Odrick (I think there's a high chance he gets traded for a 3rd or 4th rounder if we bring in Abraham), Vernon, Okafor
CB: Grimes, Marshall (if healthy), Carrol, Slay...Bye Patterson
S: Jones, Clemons, Rambo
LB: Wheeler, Ellerby, Misi

Let me know what ya think.

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep thinking that swope won't fall past late second for some reason. I keep siding with the pro-eiferts as well. Solid draft!

I keep thinking that swope won't fall past late second for some reason. I keep siding with the pro-eiferts as well. Solid draft!

I originally had him slotted in there with our 2B pick, but did some research and a few experts have him going in the 4th..so I just stuck him in there.

I originally had him slotted in there with our 2B pick, but did some research and a few experts have him going in the 4th..so I just stuck him in there.

Would be a steal there for sure. I definitely want swope on this team. Kid has tons of talent

I need to be our general manger! I watch a lot of college ball and in the first three round of my mock here are Dolphins have a chance to get 5 core players that have a chance to be the best at there postition in the draft!R1 OG Jonathan Cooper R2a DE Margus Hunt or Cornellius Carradine R2b OT Terron Armstead R3a CB Darius Slay R3b Te Travis Kelce. If our draft went like this we could be winning a lot of games this year!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to be our general manger! I watch a lot of college ball and in the first three round of my mock here are Dolphins have a chance to get 5 core players that have a chance to be the best at there postition in the draft!R1 OG Jonathan Cooper R2a DE Margus Hunt or Cornellius Carradine R2b OT Terron Armstead R3a CB Darius Slay R3b Te Travis Kelce. If our draft went like this we could be going winning a lot of games this year!?!
That's a nice draft and definitely solves the offensive line issue.

Like every pick except swope. Well done. If Okafor falls that far we better snag him

So here's my mock draft:

I don't see us trading up. Ireland isn't like that to trade up in the 1st. Using later rounds, to trade into earlier rounds (like DT, yes).

I don't see us trading down. Though we do have the flexibility to trade down thanks to Ireland filling a bunch of needs. If we did trade down it would be with the likes of the Steelers or Cowboys (Chicago is a no go seeing as how we already have their 3rd, and i doubt they give us their 2nd). A trade with:
Cowboys or Giants (our 1st 4th, and a 7th for their 1st and 2nd),
Steelers (our 1st and 4th for their 1dt and 2nds)

Bess is traded for a 6th or 7th.

Like I said, I don't see it happening. There's no need to trade down when we have plenty of picks in the first 3 rounds (although I'm not against it. I'd like to see another 2nd rounder...But Ireland's history is sketchy).

12th: Tyler Eifert: We get a deadly 2 tight end set. Finally fix the middle of the field with seam threats. Wallace, Hartline, and Gibson on the outside.
42: *I still think Ireland will try and get J. Abraham either before or after the draft, so this could change* Alex Okafor
54: Darius Slay: CB
3A: Dallas Thomas: finally get a tackle. I know it's a little late for one but my cousin's husband was roommates with Jahri Evans (4th rounder) at Bloomsburg. Constantly hearing about him haha... You can get a quality starting tackle or guard in these rounds. All he needs is the proper coaching, which we now have.
3B: Baccari Rambo: depth at safety.
4: Ryan Swope: replaces Bess and already has chemistry with Tannehill. With Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Swope, Keller and Eifert......Damn. Just, damn.
5: Marcus Lattimore?? That work for some people? Bring in some competition. If he returns to full health it's a great pick.

QB: Tannehill, Moore
WR: Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Swope, Matthews
TE: Keller, Eifert, Clay...Bye Egnew
OL: Martin, Cognito, Pouncey, Loius, Thomas (Yeatman, Jerry depth)
RB: Miller, Thomas, Lattimore

DL: Starks, Soliai,
DE: Wake, Abraham, Odrick (I think there's a high chance he gets traded for a 3rd or 4th rounder if we bring in Abraham), Vernon, Okafor
CB: Grimes, Marshall (if healthy), Carrol, Slay...Bye Patterson
S: Jones, Clemons, Rambo
LB: Wheeler, Ellerby, Misi

Let me know what ya think.

Would swap Eifert for Rhodes

Back
Top Bottom