Mock draft with trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock draft with trade

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Obviously I can't tell the future, but I thought this would be an interesting scenario.

Miami trading their #22 pick with Cleveland, who might want to get back into the first round for a QB.

Miami gets: Pick #33 and 52
Cleveland getsL Pick 22, 97 and 178

Pick 33: Charles Harris, OLB, Mizzou
Pick 52: Tyus Bowser, SOLB, Houston
Pick 54: Dan Feeney, OG, Indiana
Pick 166: Corn Elder, CB, Miami—No idea if he'll make it out of round 4, but if there in round 5 I'm pulling the trigger
Pick 184: From here, I haven't really looked at the draft enough to know suitable players. But thanks for reading this far :lol:
Pick 223:
Pick 240:

No way he makes it out of 1st. Detroit is all over this guy and they are picking before us.

Draft chart or not,but I believe we are getting horrible value for our 1st rd pick.It is my opinion though.

The biggest difference between mocks and real drafts is that in mocks you've heard of all the players drafted. When the actual draft gets past round 1 a lot of picks will have us saying, "who,?" never heard of him. I love Corn Elder in the 4th but the kid is not a secret anymore and will be long gone imo. Elder helps a team in so many ways, special teams, CB, and always making that big game changing play, the kid has a knack for it. We need him to push McCain for playing time in the slot. Harris is a hot name but I'm not that excited about the choice. He may be a great NFL player but he doesn't get me psyched up like some other picks would. I think we should stay at #22 and see who falls our way. I'm sure one of the premier players will be there such as Cunningham, Reddick, Lamp, maybe Watt or Davis. I like maybe coming back up in the second round and getting a quality Guard if we miss Lamp in the first. Dorian Johnson would really help our o-line, he's a plug and play athlete who may be gone if we wait until #54. I could see us taking a LBer at #22 and then coming up a bit from #54 to nail down a starting quality Guard. I fear if we wait too long the best Guards will be gone and we'll end up starting Larsen and Bushrod. We must upgrade from that imo. It's a lesson we've learned and we sure don't need to learn again. When you have weak links on the o-line the offense can't function at a high level. We did zero in FA so I count on the draft to solidify the o-line. If we came away with Reddick and Johnson we've helped our team in a big way on both sides of the ball. Beyond that go defense and draft hard hitting speedy guys who have a history of staying healthy.

Back
Top Bottom