Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Draft

PSU Cane

Starter
Super Donator
Reaction score
Alright, well here's what i'm thinking about at this point in time.....let the criticism begin!! Since i'm almost certain we go with Tannehill, i'll pencil him in.

1 - Ryan Tannehill - QB Texas A&M
Here is Miami's attempt to finally find a franchise QB. Is he a risk? Sure. Is he overvalued? Yup. But so are most QBs. Love his size, arm, athleticism and familiarity with Sherman's system. I hate his inexperience.
* Would also consider: Luke Kuechly, David DeCastro, Michael Floyd or Blackmon/Richardson/Claiborne (if they fall).
2 - Shea McClellin - OLB/DE Boise State
My favorite player in the draft (along with DeCastro). This guy has a nonstop motor, can play DE, OLB and ILB, and is steady at everything. I was a fan early in the season when i saw him take apart Georgia and was hoping to steal him in the 3rd round (check my old mock draft) but he's risen ever since. He won't last past GB in Round 2 and might not make it past them in the 1st. I'm hoping he does because he would be a PERFECT fit for the 3-4 hybrid system.
*Would also consider: Reuben Randle, Kevin Zeitler, Bobby Massie
3 - Brandon Boykin - CB Georgia
I'm hoping his size will push him to the early 3rd. Love how feisty this kid plays, very tough. He would be perfect in the slot against Welker and others. Could help on the outside against smaller receivers as well. Adds a lot in the return game.
*Would also consider: Casey Hayward, Brian Quick, Cam Johnson, George Iloka
3 - Jeff Allen - OT Illinois
Versatile guy, could probably play guard or tackle. I like him at tackle. Shows good feet and a nice base in pass protection. Keeps hands in tight.
*Would also consider: Brandon Brooks, Brandon Mosley, Marvin Jones
4 - Nick Toon - WR Wisconsin
I know a lot of people don't think he's quick enough but i do. He runs nice routes and uses his body well to shield defenders. He has really strong hands and attacks the ball. He's great at west coast patterns like slants, crosses, outs and posts. He's also a good run blocker and high character guy. Injury history is my only concern.
*Would also consider: Malik Jackson, Tony Bergstrom, Phillip Blake, Markelle Martin
5 - Jarius Wright - WR Arkansas
Super quick, always gets open. I'm willing to take a chance on a smaller guy at this point in the draft, especially one who was dynamic in college.
*Would also consider: Kyle Wilbur, TY Hilton, Tank Carder, Olivier Vernon
6 - Taylor Thompson - TE SMU
Definite project but great size/speed combo to work with. You know he's tough having been a DE his whole career. Is he the next Gronk? Or failed experiment?
*Would also consider: Terrence Frederick, Tim Fugger, Coty Sensabaugh
7 - Dustin Waldron - OT Portland State
Love the athleticism of this kid....real quick, real athletic. Yes he needs to put on some size/strength, but he has potential for huge upside. I would consider him in the 6th as well, or even earlier?
*Would also consider: Adonis Thomas, Thomas Mayo, Lance Lewis, Brandon Bolden

Potential UDFA (if still on board)
Dane Simoneau - QB Washburn
Tyler Shoemaker - WR Boise State
Matt Conrath - DE Virginia
Adonis Thomas - RB Toledo
Brandon Bolden - RB Mississippi
Tarren Lloyd - TE Utah State
Mark Asper - OG Oregon
Ray Kibble - DT Kansas State
Gerald Gooden - OLB Purdue
Thomas Mayo - WR Cal U (PA)