Mock Off-Season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Off-Season

Aqua4Ever04

Active Roster
Reaction score
Slow at work, so I spent all morning doing a mock off-season.

Our own UFA decisions, FA acquisitions, player cuts, mock draft, 53-man roster for 2018. I used Sportrac to play with the salaries, approximate value for the FA class, average draft position for the guys I picked, the whole shebang.

Feel free to poke all the holes you wish.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/mock-off-season/

SIGNED: Zach Fulton – 2018 hit – $6,000,000 (Kansas City – 2017 cap figure = $587,305)

That $6 million figure comes from the comparable players at his position. The Chiefs recently signed guard Laurent Duvernay-Tardif to a deal worth just under $6 million per year, and the Browns gave Joel Bitonio the same deal. Fulton was the 15th ranked guard via PFF, and this contract would make him the 18th highest paid guard in the league.

Numbers don't add up. Not even close.

What are the contracts for William Hayes and Terrence Fede and Michael Thomas?

Toth is serving two more years in the army.

Last edited:
Numbers don't add up. Not even close.

What are the contracts for William Hayes and Terrence Fede and Michael Thomas?

Toth is serving two more years in the army.

He did very well this week at the senior bowl and controlling his rights would be worth a 7th.

I’m amazed how much time this guy has for this stuff

I don’t see miami in the Nwosu market cause I don’t see the fit schematically relative to his strengths. It feels like you are a round late on him based on what he can do

I do like the Samuels pick value and the Andrews and Michel return. Chase Thomas I’m ok with there. Not in love but ok

I was reading till I saw restructure Suh and Tannehill and then I stopped.
Btw, I'd be totally fine with Pouncey getting cut but it's not going to happen because Gase(who I like to a point) will make the mistake of keeping him

Ozzy rules!!

Yep, let’s just keep restructuring all of these huge contracts, as if the team is on the verge of being a contender. Rather the team will continue to be mediocre and god help the people who are going to have clean up the salary cap mess.

I like Ryan Jensen at center but I don't think he will get anywhere near 9 mil. I see him signing for 6 mil or something similar to what the Browns gave J.C. Tretter last year. Both players were reserves that turned into starters prior to their walk years. Tretter got a 3 year deal worth about 5.5 mil a year with 10 mil guaranteed.

With Regards to Pouncey... I'd have to ask him to take a paycut, if not, release him.

I just don't see how you can bank on Pouncey for 16 games and give him 9mil, are the Dolphins brass going to baby him again this year like they did last season? This was taken from Rotoworld's website from last season. "The Dolphins are managing Pouncey's practice workload to help ensure he does not suffer a setback, but it is clear the hip will be a constant worry the rest of his career". Too much risk associated with him.

Not bad at all.
I'm not sure I sign both Fulton and Jansen. That's lot of $$ towards OL.
I would cut Pouncey and Sign Jansen.
Rd2 I'm drafting the UTEP kid or Georgia kid Wynn.

I’m amazed how much time this guy has for this stuff

I don’t see miami in the Nwosu market cause I don’t see the fit schematically relative to his strengths. It feels like you are a round late on him based on what he can do

I do like the Samuels pick value and the Andrews and Michel return. Chase Thomas I’m ok with there. Not in love but ok
that guy is gonna be a a Dolphin beat writer one day in the future..

Not bad at all.
I'm not sure I sign both Fulton and Jansen. That's lot of $$ towards OL.
I would cut Pouncey and Sign Jansen.
Rd2 I'm drafting the UTEP kid or Georgia kid Wynn.

I think 43 is a little high for the UTEP kid he barely scraped 6 foot 2 and the lateral athlete looks average.

I think 43 is a little high for the UTEP kid he barely scraped 6 foot 2 and the lateral athlete looks average.
Man I thought he was pretty damn impressive. He held up strength wise on those drills. To me that's as important as anything. Let's see how he moves Saturday and throughout combine.

I mentioned Wynn to you a couple weeks back. He is another option at #43 - another LG. - he provides some additional value as emergency LT.

2 WRs I liked - Hamilton and Gallup. They seemed fluid and able to get open. Keep an eye on them.

Well I just looked and Wynn was just over 6 foot 2 also and 8 1/2 inch hands

Those some small hands

I like Ryan Jensen at center but I don't think he will get anywhere near 9 mil. I see him signing for 6 mil or something similar to what the Browns gave J.C. Tretter last year. Both players were reserves that turned into starters prior to their walk years. Tretter got a 3 year deal worth about 5.5 mil a year with 10 mil guaranteed.

With Regards to Pouncey... I'd have to ask him to take a paycut, if not, release him.

I just don't see how you can bank on Pouncey for 16 games and give him 9mil, are the Dolphins brass going to baby him again this year like they did last season? This was taken from Rotoworld's website from last season. "The Dolphins are managing Pouncey's practice workload to help ensure he does not suffer a setback, but it is clear the hip will be a constant worry the rest of his career". Too much risk associated with him.
Jansen will get paid. I mean if they have Pouncey on books for 9 Mill- 2 Mill dead cap, seems like simple math. Pay Jansen the difference 7 Mill year 1, escalate year 2,

Well I just looked and Wynn was just over 6 foot 2 also and 8 1/2 inch hands

Those some small hands
Agree ideally want 6'3-6'4 320 ala Zach Martin or Dan Feeney. Even Nelson kid this fits that mold.

Back
Top Bottom