Mock offseason and draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock offseason and draft

Chance29

Rookie
Reaction score
From our own guys I would resign long, Hartline, Clemons, Fasano, tag Starks, and restructure d. Patterson and Marshall (if not then release)

In Free agency I first target Mike Wallace he'd be the first guy I bring in when Fa opens and don't let him leave. Jennings is the second option here. I also bring in either Keller or Bennett.

In the Draft I go BPA at 12 unless Millner somehow slips I think we are looking at Warmack with this pick. I know alot of people would be enraged here but hear me out. We fixed our wr and te positions thru Fa, and this move shores up our weakest spot left on offense rg. With this move we have one of the better olines in the league for the next 10 years led by pouncey, Warmack, and Martin. Also Warmack comes in and starts and plays at a pro bowl level ala mike pouncey day one PERIOD!!

With our next four picks I go highest rated player available at cb, wr, de, lb.

We had ourselves a playoff defense last year and outside of TN. We were in every game. The difference in wins and losses all came down to scoring more points. This offseason and mock draft greatly improves our offense as well as keeps most of our starting defense from last year intact. With Wallace, Keller, Warmack, and a HEALTHY Jake Long we win at least four more games!! Let me know what y'all think

Really put yourself out there.....BPA at every draft position......no names or reasons for one over the other.

Well thought out post.

So how much are you going to pay Jake Long? He better be a bargain.

As long as Miami gets playmakers via free agency and somehow drafts Stedman Bailey I wouldn't throw a tantrum over drafting Warmack although I think Cooper is a better fit for our O.

So how much are you going to pay Jake Long? He better be a bargain.

As long as Miami gets playmakers via free agency and somehow drafts Stedman Bailey I wouldn't throw a tantrum over drafting Warmack although I think Cooper is a better fit for our O.

I think Long is gonna get his 10 mil per. Unlike alot of people here tho I don't think he's "over the hill" and he's still a top five lt in this league. Kinda hard to see him go for nothing

I think Long is gonna get his 10 mil per. Unlike alot of people here tho I don't think he's "over the hill" and he's still a top five lt in this league. Kinda hard to see him go for nothing

Nobody here suggests he's over the hill, merely that his play has declined, he has injury issues and hes not a particularly good fit for a zone blocking scheme.

Why spend 10 mill when you can save the cap space, go get some talent and draft OL to fill the void that are better fits for our scheme?

I want no part of Hartline. He trips on every play. Sign Wallace and draft Patterson.

I want no part of Hartline. He trips on every play. Sign Wallace and draft Patterson.

I agree that we should sign Wallace. But We know what we have in Hartline. He's a No. 2. It doesn't make sense to let him walk and then draft an unproven player in the first round for something that we know we already have. I'd rather give Hartline 5MM per year than waste time and money on someone who might be a number two receiver. ... Maybe I'm being conservative but I've seen too many Patrick Turners and Ted Ginns to let potential screw up what could be a great receiving corps (with the addition of a top free agent wide receiver).

I agree that we should sign Wallace. But We know what we have in Hartline. He's a No. 2. It doesn't make sense to let him walk and then draft an unproven player in the first round for something that we know we already have. I'd rather give Hartline 5MM per year than waste time and money on someone who might be a number two receiver. ... Maybe I'm being conservative but I've seen too many Patrick Turners and Ted Ginns to let potential screw up what could be a great receiving corps (with the addition of a top free agent wide receiver).

I understand that you are being wary of drafting a wr with no nfl experience. Luck hasn't been on the Dolphins side lately for rookie wr's but I think this year's crop will change that. There are a handful of good receivers out there and with Hartline, I could see him signing elsewhere because he will most likely get more money some where else imo.

I understand that you are being wary of drafting a wr with no nfl experience. Luck hasn't been on the Dolphins side lately for rookie wr's but I think this year's crop will change that. There are a handful of good receivers out there and with Hartline, I could see him signing elsewhere because he will most likely get more money some where else imo.
check out my mock on the main forum, you'll enjoy

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

or just read my sig lol

From our own guys I would resign long, Hartline, Clemons, Fasano, tag Starks, and restructure d. Patterson and Marshall (if not then release)

In Free agency I first target Mike Wallace he'd be the first guy I bring in when Fa opens and don't let him leave. Jennings is the second option here. I also bring in either Keller or Bennett.

In the Draft I go BPA at 12 unless Millner somehow slips I think we are looking at Warmack with this pick. I know alot of people would be enraged here but hear me out. We fixed our wr and te positions thru Fa, and this move shores up our weakest spot left on offense rg. With this move we have one of the better olines in the league for the next 10 years led by pouncey, Warmack, and Martin. Also Warmack comes in and starts and plays at a pro bowl level ala mike pouncey day one PERIOD!!

With our next four picks I go highest rated player available at cb, wr, de, lb.

We had ourselves a playoff defense last year and outside of TN. We were in every game. The difference in wins and losses all came down to scoring more points. This offseason and mock draft greatly improves our offense as well as keeps most of our starting defense from last year intact. With Wallace, Keller, Warmack, and a HEALTHY Jake Long we win at least four more games!! Let me know what y'all think
This is pretty much the strategy of how I feel Ireland should go as well. I think it best upgrades this team all around.

Back
Top Bottom