MOCK w/Eric Fisher, T Central Michigan: Would you jump off a bridge? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MOCK w/Eric Fisher, T Central Michigan: Would you jump off a bridge?

The Bopkin

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
So I was just looking at some mocks, more to learn where guys are expected to be drafted as far as placement more than anything else, and I came across WalterFootball's mock, where they have Miami taking Eric Fisher in the first round. The rest of his picks for Miami are:
RD 2: Sharrif Floyd DT, Florida
RD 2: Stedman Bailey, WR West Virginia
RD 3:Justin Gilbert, CB Oklahoma St
RD 3: Arthur Brown, LB Kansas St.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

I would probably have a meltdown if this were Miami's haul with those 5 precious picks, but I am no expert or talent evaluator. I like Brown in the 3rd, other than that, I'm not so sure, and just for discussion I wondered what everyone else on here would think. I also think the first two picks are based on the assumption we don't re-sign Long and Starks. I'm betting we actually re-sign both.

That is a great draft...that has no chance of happening.

I would not be happy if we took an o-lineman with the 12th pick.

fish might be more a power scheme fit...he's got feet like jake long in pass pro so might also be more a right tackle down the line...very smooth looking and fast athlete on the move...overpowers his level of comp which is low admittedly in the run game just moves guys out...terrific upper body strength...can get a little high in pass pro at times and lets guys get under his pad level a little bit even against low level comp which is something to watch but he also can recover and sit down well and lock out and keep guys at bay...

if you get arthur brown in the 3rd round you should be stoked...don't see it happening...but if he got there i would be on it

baileys the other nice pick...the other two i would do something different

I'd be okay with picking a tackle in round one, if:

1. He starts right away and is good.
2. It finally fixes the damn O-Line.
3. WR has already been addressed aggressively in free agency.

Under those circumstances, my pitchfork isn't coming out.

The problem is that I have very little confidence in this team to actually go out and sign a Wallace or Jennings.

Tackle is a need if Long leaves. DT is not a need - bump Odrick inside where he belongs and draft a DE. Justin Gilbert is going back to school. Bailey and Brown are solid picks.

We better not take a LT in the 1st round when we have Martin available to man the LT spot. Martin may not be the best but he is more than adequate. Then you can take a OT (i.e. Dallas Thomas, OT, Tennessee) in the later rounds to fill the RT spot.

I hope we grab Keenan Allen in round 1.

we will need to either draft or sign a starter in FA if we dont sign Jake. Martin is no sure thing at LT and needs to improve alot

As much as the Dolphins need OL help, I don't see a reason to take one so high. Those spots can and should be filled later. We need an impact player in 1, like a pass rusher.

If you switch out that first pick and change it to Keenen Allen, Dee Milner, Jon Banks, or a top pash rusher I'd be pretty happy.

Oh the LULZ that this forum will deliver if this guy drafts ANOTHER offensive lineman in the 1st round.

I predict 30 threads bashing this organization and another vid like this one :lol:

[video=youtube_share;RaYgGSHJ5hM]http://youtu.be/RaYgGSHJ5hM[/video]

If we don't do anything major in free agency and that is our draft I will go ballistic, yes.

There is NO way we don't go get someone with the 50 million we have. I'm pretty sure it's against the new CBA rules.

Back
Top Bottom