Money in the bank: Dolphins will lose every time the week after playing the Jets. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Money in the bank: Dolphins will lose every time the week after playing the Jets.

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Today’s stat of the day: With Sunday’s 23-20 loss to the Colts, the Dolphins have now lost their last 13 games the week following a Jets game. The last time they won a game the week after playing the Jets was a win over the Titans in December 2005.

Maybe this is just a weird, statistical quirk. Or maybe it’s a sign that the Dolphins get really geared up for their division rivals, and then suffer an emotional letdown the next week. Considering it’s happened the last thirteen times makes it hard to believe this is just a random occurrence. And the streak doesn’t include this year’s Week 1 loss to Houston, which technically was the next game after last year’s Week 17 game against the Jets.

The good news: The Dolphins are done playing the Jets this year.

That is a crazy piece of info! That's hard to understand. We also played them the last game of 2008 and not only lost the playoff game to the Ravens, we lost the first game the next season too.

I saw that too. That is crazy, seems like too many times to be coincidental. Stinking jests, it figures.

It must be hard if not completely impossible to get as geared up for another team as towards the jests.

All that trash talking, I mean seriously it is impossible to hate another team as much. The Pats play well and act respectfully before and afterwards. They might run up the score but they don't act like professional wrestlers.

There is still a lot of football to be played. We have the Bills and Pats twice still. The fins could still win the AFC East outright if they start to jell and some of the other WRs & TE get in on it.

Doesnt surprise me. The jests may suck but they are very physical. And have been since Rex was the coach. They beat people down.

But they still suck.

It's pretty amazing. In that time the fins lost 60% of their games. The pure probability that they would lose all those games its less than 1%.

While it was a 30-9 victory the Jets were on the move offensively for most of the 4th quarter. Miami's D had to stop them several times to seal the game.
It looked like that took a toll on them. I think they left their legs in New jersey.

Back
Top Bottom