More analysis that Matt Ryan, not Jake Long, should’ve been the pick in 2008 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More analysis that Matt Ryan, not Jake Long, should’ve been the pick in 2008

For the 864,213 posts about this topic can we just let this topic die? :deadhorse:

4 years ago so can't we just move on..........we miss out on Brady,Montana and trading up for Manning......It's done and over. I think we missed out on Aaron Rodgers too last time I looked.

In other news, it appears that the Allies have defeated the Axis in World War 2, that Lindsay Lohan is more riddled with disease than a rotting horse, and that Breaking Bad is a pretty awesome show.

:bobdole: Wow!!! This debate is never going to end, is it? Can't wait for Miami to win a SB before the Falcons already, so this debate can finally be over. :lol:

At some point this needs to be let go.....don't forget we also didn't draft Terry Bradshaw, Ken Stabler, Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, Steve Young and the miriad of other Super Bowl winning QBs.

For the 864,213 posts about this topic can we just let this topic die? :deadhorse:

It's more than beating a dead horse , their beating off that dead horse now, it's quite disgusting actually.

On the basis of actual accomplishments in season AND post season, possession of the obvious winner's mindset and clutch gene, etc., it's clear that a do-over based on the 20/20 hindsight, would have us take Joe Flacco. If we could have picked up another pick by trading down far enough to still be in front of the Ravens, all the better, but even if not, he's been the best 2008 pick and as such an argument can be made from the rear view mirror, worthy of the #1 pick.

I actually would have liked Flaaco at the time but what I see today - I say no freakin way.............. His game is disguised by a strong run game and a devastating D - he wilts in big the big games like Ryan

Long has a lot of game left

Matt Ryan is the most overrated QB in the the NFL. The best QB to come out of that draft was Flacco. I'd still take Jake (/Jerod Mayo/Aqib Talib/Clady).

Matt Ryan is not in the (hindsight) best 20 players of that draft. He might not even crack 30. I don't understand why people still think Matt Ryan can play QB. Watch some Falcons games.

If you dont think Ryan is one of the best 20 players in that draft you should drug test yourself.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

we should have traded up for Mark Snchez with the theories about how Ryan has donw in playoffs. Sanchez is 4-2 in the playoffs I mean those are the only games that count, who cares if you win regular season games. Dan Marino sucked too since he could not win a superbowl lol

debates will never end.....that's what I love about Metal and hard rock......no doubt on who the best has always been.

Ozzy rules!!

In a sense it matters as we still need a QB and we still have the same GM. If he picks Reiff it will be deja vu all over again.

debates will never end.....that's what I love about Metal and hard rock......no doubt on who the best has always been.

Ozzy rules!![/QU

I think there are points and debates that are good on both sides but for people to act like Ryan is not a good qb is just plain not giving a player his fair due.

njzRS-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom