More BS from the Bleacher Report

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, May 23, 2010.

1. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-two-whats-true-whats-false-in-the-afc#page/4

I am getting sick of these people in the country anointing the Jests as the defacto winners of the East. What do they base this assumption on? Mark Sanchez is the second coming of Joe Namath. Give me a break! I am sorry but Sanchez did nothing that I would say is remarkable last season. If anything I would say he is going to have a worse season this year. I am not saying that the Jests are going to be terrible, but it will be because of their defense. If you ask me Sanchez will be more like Richard Todd than Namath.:err:

2. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

and with out further ado...the end of the article:rolleyes2:

3. Troysif

Troysif A True Fan Donator

Whatever. All these people need to take the summer off and start writing again after the regular season starts.

4. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Anybody can write on bleacher report. Who cares what anybody on there has to say really. Until the games are played, nobody knows anything.

Besides, his argument is flawed throughout the whole article. LT bosters their offense? Um, no? But losing Thomas Jones hurts their offense. They took the Colts to the mat? Um no, they lost handily by a score of 30-17. Just to name a few.

5. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Hey, best division in the conference aint bad.

They said potentially 3 playoff teams from the East, we know the Bills are... well the Bills.

So look at the bright side of the article, they think we're a playoff team.

6. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

So how do we end up with a tougher schedule when the Jets finished 2nd in the division and we finished 3rd?

7. D0lphan72

D0lphan72 War... War never changes Donator

im so happy everyones pickin the jets. know why? cuz i know they picked up some old bags with big names and nothin left in the tank. we picked up beasts and not to mention arguably the besy def. coordinator in the game. so i hope everyone is pickin them. so they get all cocky and we pull another sweep on them this season. and i hope long, polite, and the rest of our team gets payback on the girl named taylor

8. Troysif

Troysif A True Fan Donator

Lol it says they play 5 playoff teams and we play 7 well our extra two are the JETS. So its the same.

9. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

the only response to this is hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

10. redbeard75

redbeard75 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't let it get to you. I rather us fly under the radar myself. When someone comes out and says they predict us to do good, I kinda like it but at the same time I'm like don't say that too loud. This is someones opinon and there's a saying about opinons I'm sure you've hurd before.

11. late again

late again Pro Bowler

12. state06

state06 A True Fan

what would be the reason to anoint us as the winners? sure we added pieces but the jets have added big names (who i think arent upgrades, but thats a different thread). We finished third last season. i would almost expect the majority of sports writers to pick either the Jets/ Pats to win the division over us. personally, id rather have people underestimate us, that way we keep any added pressure off. we need to earn our spot with the top tier teams through our play on the field, something we didn't do last season.

13. Atila

Atila Atila - the freshmaker. Finheaven VIP

I've seen just as many people put us ahead of the Jets. Stop crying.

14. Valandui

Valandui Lumberjack Batman Donator

How can a QB look great aside from the numbers? Especially with the line the Jests had last year. That's like saying the 400 lbs sasquatch in the beauty pageant has a great personality. It still leaves you wondering how the hell she qualified in the first place.

15. DisturbedShifty

DisturbedShifty Wort-wort-wort!!! Administrator Finheaven VIP

I mean this with all due respect, but I thought I was reading an article by nyjunc.

16. redbeard75

I agree 100% goin into the 08' season no one expected anything from us. For good reason. We were terrible the year before. Everyone underestimated us and it turned out in our favor. So I love the under the radar approach.

17. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

So it's not 7 playoff teams, since they are most likely counting the Jets twice and the Patriots twice, it's 7 playoff games. Obviously the writing is as good as the insight on the article.

First off, no one should overlook the Patriots as long as they have Tom Brady...as much as I can't stand the guy. Wes Welker will be back and I think Brandon Tate, who was injured most of last year, is a WR to watch out for in that offense. They also drafted two solid TEs which means they're either changing their offense a lot (because they rarely used a TE in their offense), or they drafted them just to keep them away from us...which is more my paranoia than anything else.

Also, if you don't think Belichick has been studying tape on the Jets and figuring out a way to score on them and stop their running game you're crazy. When we unleashed the wildcat on him he came back and did a nice job of limiting it's success and the last time we played them we had 88 yards on 27 carries, granted we didn't have Ronnie and we only ran the wildcat a few times but even the first game against them last season Ronnie had 48 yards on 15 carries.

Whoever thinks this division is going to come down to the Jets and Dolphins is nuts. It's definitely not a two legged race.

18. Teknision

Teknision New Member

The Jets only beat an overrated Bengals team and the annual underachieving Chargers squad. How is that stomping with the big dogs? They were overwhelmed when the really met a big dog like the colts. We was one defensive stop from a win when we played the Colts on Monday night.

19. josekareh

josekareh Finfansince75

Why don't we skip this season and go direcly to the 2011 draft, since the jests are alreary superbowl champs......

20. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

I wouldnt call the first portion complete BS, it really was just an opinion.. Which is fine with me, the fact or fiction portion, now thats complete BS. But hey, its bleacher report, and we all know the only thing they are good for.. That banner on the right of the screen

21. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

Yeah. I mean why would the Phins play more playoff teams than the Jets when they finished with a better record and actually made the playoffs?

22. SouthPaul

SouthPaul Well-Known Member

This and all other articles predicting what will be in January 2011 are meaningless when September 2010 rolls around. The Jets are once again anointed the NFL Off-Season Super Bowl Champs. Whoop-de-do!

23. redbeard75

Reminds me of a famous quote, "If you wanna crown them then crown their ***" - Dennis Green.

24. burger13

burger13 FinHeaven VIP

exactly.

if you were to ask a Jests fan...they had the best O-line in football, they did have the best running game in football, they would tell you that their weapons at WR and TE were great.....yet somehow, Sanchez had a great rookie year, despite being one of the worst rated quarterbacks in the league. something doesn't add up.

25. AdamC13

AdamC13 Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

I think you are overrating Joe Namath. I think Sanchez is the Next Joe Willie. In Namath's 13 year career he only threw more TD passes than interceptions 2 times...his rookie year and in 69. Namath finished his career with 173 TD passes and 220 interceptions. Career QB rating of 65.5. Namath's had an overall win-loss-tie record of 62-63-4. He completed less than 50% of his passes in 7 of his 13 years and for his career finished with 50.1% completion. Only led his team to the playoffs 2 years...68 and 69 (the only 2 years he led his team to more than 8 wins).

Namath's legendary status rests on "one" year. He may be the most overrated player in NFL history. Namath's career resembles "Vanilla Ice" if you asked me. A one-hit wonder. I think Sanchez will compare favorably with Namath by the end of his career.

dolfan_101 likes this.
  26. dolpns13

Ive had this arguement before with a Jet fan and even he agreed Namath was highly overrated and probably didnt deserve HOF consideration. Will Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson be indicted into the HOF? All three are essentially the same QB.

27. AdamC13

AdamC13 Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

Yeah, but Dilfer and Johnson didn't walk around with a long fur coat and audacious sideburns. That has got to count for a few HOF votes...:lol:

28. dolpns13

Basically they did not walk around like moronic deuschbags, hitting on busted female sideline reporters while being completely and totally wasted on national TV.. There's class, the fur coats really worked.. HA

29. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

You're preaching to the choir here but the Jets fans' counterargument is "context" in terms of what he accomplished and his stats as compared to QBs of that era. That's actually BS; he was a mediocre QB who rose to the occasion after making an empty boast 1X and as a result has been almost deified by an icon-hungry fan base. If he deserves to be in the HOF, then so do Trent Dilfer and Doug Williams!

Taking that SB win a step further, I believe at that time they only had to defeat 1 team, Oakland in the POs, to earn SB access...so at most Namath did is win 2 post season games in 68-69.

30. Dolphanaholic

Dolphanaholic Starter

DK you must relax, the sweet spot for us Phin fans is to revel in obscurity, to fly under ther radar if you will. Everytime the media predicts great things for the Dolphins and we start patting ourselves on the a!@ very bad things happen. 'Dirty' Mark Sanchez is going to spend a lot of time picking turf out of his grille this season.

31. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

New York sucks.

32. Krush

Krush Finaholic Donator

I totally agree, I think that the jests will struggle also, they have big name players but that don't translate into wins, they will beat some teams that are below average but when they meet the big boys we will see how vaunted they really are.

33. Krush

Krush Finaholic Donator

If Dirty Sanchez is the trigger man and he haven't improved the jests will be home for the playoffs