More changes coming to Dolphins offensive staff -- which needs them | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More changes coming to Dolphins offensive staff -- which needs them

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Mando taking some shots at the young coachig staff and the ‘experienced’ WR coach, prasie to RB coach.

That’s it. And now that I’ve written this out I can understand why the Dolphins offense never found consistency in 2017, took a long time to figure things out, was often out-maneuvered by opponents, and never found its identity.

Yes, the talent had a lot to do with it.

And Adam Gase, the play-caller, had a lot to do with that.

But the Miami Dolphins lack quality experience among multiple position coaches. And the position coach with the most experience lorded over an under-performing wide receiver room.

No wonder Gase is trying to upgrade his offensive staff. It needs it.

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/s...ticle193106724.html?__twitter_impression=true

I hated the OL hire and he is gone. The Rb coach has done well. I dont think Day has been given any talent to work with - Sims was our only decent TE and he played quite well.

But Jefferson the WR coach? I have been very disappointed by the WR group and would welcome a coaching change

How many teams have won more than 8 games after losing the starting QB in August? How often have they been successful? No matter what your opinion of Tannehill, this season was a wash since August 3rd. Young head coaches sometimes have growing pains. Especially when faced with the issues and distractions we had this year. Coke head line coach, AWOL free agent....WOW?

I agree with what Hoops said above about the offense. The defense is another issue. Free agents and trades are killing this unit and keeping us from investing further at key positions. Make it more important than ever to hit on more players in the draft....early and late rounds.

clean up pre snap penalties and change the qb and the rest of this stuff cleans itself up
And part of the problem with the o-line is the fact that you have your Center not practicing so the o-line is not on the same page and hence all the pre-snap penalties

Ozzy rules!!

I think it probably has more to do with cutlers cadence and guys just not mentally prepared as they should be...some of the latter falls on the coaches obviously but in terms of studying etc that all falls on the players...

im sure that frustrates gase

clean up pre snap penalties and change the qb and the rest of this stuff cleans itself up

What about all the missed tackles on defense? The lack of a pass rush on defense as well as a lack of turnovers being forced? What about players who are vastly underachieving like DeVante Parker and the poor offensive line play? We have many issues to deal with.

If Gase is making changes to his coaching staff......great. But remember plug the holes, clean up the lack of discipline, don't overspend on high price FAs and get rid of underachieving players........it's not all on the coaching staff.

Lol:

“And they actually got 57-year-old activist-painter Julius Thomas who didn’t separate from slower players and didn’t out-muscle or box out smaller players.”

Back
Top Bottom