More Dolphins praise from Trent Dilfer | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More Dolphins praise from Trent Dilfer

flaco is an average to good QB as we saw today. the difference is he can throw it up there and he has the receivers that can go up, be physical and get the ball.

flaco is an average to good QB as we saw today. the difference is he can throw it up there and he has the receivers that can go up, be physical and get the ball.

Stop it. He was money today and model for RT.

Way, way to early to give up on Egnew.

Why because he was a rook? His OC wanted to cut him before the season began (at least according to what Sherman said on Hard Knocks), and there have been numerous complaints from teammates about him not being "tough" (actually I believe he was referred to as a *****). Yeah, give him a chance to compete next year during training camp/preseason but I don't expect this waste of a pick to make the team. A lot of us thought it was a terrible pick last year, and by all accounts it was - however one pick does not mean it was a horrible draft so please don't think I'm saying that, I just think this guy is an absolute waste and his roster spot should be spent on someone better.

everyone is a critic. Flacco threw 3 TDs against the pats, mistake free football and they are in the super bowl. what's not to like?

Stop it. He was money today and model for RT.

EXACTLY. Flacco is 100% better than anything we had since Marino (I'm not counting RT right now because well we'll see). If we had been able to trade down that draft I suspect we would've ended up with him instead of Chump Henne, but that's the way the cookie crumbles (or we could've taken Matty Ice #1 overall for you WV).

I bump the thread to say "I told you so", but also as a reminder that our guy can be like Joe Flacco over time.

Flacco had several passes, two of them touchdowns, that were both difficult and perfectly executed. If Tannehill could become like Flacco + Tannehill's running ability? Holy ****.

We don't need any LB help. We have terrific LBs. We absolutely need more pass rush from the DE position. We need a top tier CB (and no, Vontae Davis would not have been that guy). We need a playmaker WR.

This is the draft for the DE pass rusher. It's SO loaded with talent I'd be stunned if we didn't take 2 of them in the first 4 rounds. Grab a guy high, then grab a pure athlete project type guy later. I can think of FOUR defensive ends in this draft I'd kill to have Miami draft. That's so rare, so unheard of coming into a draft, that I can't see Ireland ignoring those odds.

Personally? I want the WR from free agency. I want Wallace, bad. I'll be happy with Jennings. Jennings + Hartline + Bess + 1st/2nd rd draft pick + Matthews. That's a WR corps I can get behind.

Re-sign your key guys (Starks, Hartline, Bush, Smith, Jones)
Cut the dead weight - Marshall, Incognito, D. Thomas.
Bring in your key FA guys - Martellus Bennett, Sebastian Vollmer, Greg Jennings (realistically. I'd much rather Wallace, as I said, but hey.)

Then you draft pure BPA. Straight up BPA. You can never go wrong going after the very best players available. You can go in the style of the Giants and draft any and all positions, or you can go the Patriots way. Go into the draft with your top 4 positions, and then draft from there. Granted, we'd likely end up with like 3 DEs and a TE but I'm okay with that. You see a guy fall to #9 that you sincerely feel is a top 3 player in the league (ie Jarvis Jones, Mingo, whoever)? Trade up and grab him. Do whatever the **** you want. I want you to grab me the most talent from this draft that you can possibly consider.

BRING ME VALUE, JEFF. Last year, you demonstrated to me that you've got the eye for it. Miller, Martin, Matthews, Kaddu. All were amazing value picks, and picks that I sincerely think will contribute to a winning Dolphins team.

I'm so excited for this off-season I feel like a kid on christmas. I'm not short sighted either. You don't like someone there @ #40, you have guys all rated in the late 40s-early 50s range? A team like San Diego calls saying "You can have our #1 next year, we need to go grab player X @ #40. We'll throw in our 3rd rounder as well"

I'm okay with that.

i want him to be wayyyyyyy better than flacco. flacco is above average IMO, but not in the top tier of QB.

It takes time to develop a QB. We need to patient with Tannehill.

I remember watching Flacco drop a football in a bucket from 50 yards in that QB Challenge show. I was sold and knew he'd be a solid QB from that point on.

Biggest arm in that draft:

[youtube]1fa_GrbdcjY[/youtube]

tannehill will be fine...joe flacco is a legit nfl qb who the ravens will pay damn well and deserves it...like top 8 qb money...he has a little too much check down in him at times but he'll place balls in areas that pretty much no other qbs can at times...

the hate on joe flacco i have read on here at times is laughable

Find a Jared Cook or Dustin Keller in FA or draft a Tyler Elfert or Zach Ertz and match them with Clay. Start making the opposition have issues defending OUR offense for once.

In the past few years only the Wildcat and Brandon Marshall did the opposition have to really fear something we had.

Next year, have a pair of athletic TE's to go with a vertical receiver mixed in with some strong intermediate route runners like the Fins have now in Bess and Hartline (if re-signed). If the O-line can be re-wired, I think RT has a chance to be a Joe Flacco-type QB.

Give Tannehill 2 TE's who can cause mismatches for him, and I think we might just have something. Fasano, wouldn't have started for none of these playoff teams, and he shouldn't be the answer moving forward. When any of these playoff QB's needed a play when in trouble, they look for their TE's. Fasano isn't that type of player, never has been, never will be.

Give Tannehill 2 TE's who can cause mismatches for him, and I think we might just have something. Fasano, wouldn't have started for none of these playoff teams, and he shouldn't be the answer moving forward. When any of these playoff QB's needed a play when in trouble, they look for their TE's. Fasano isn't that type of player, never has been, never will be.
Respectfully disagree bro since you are going to bring up this same old argument. It seems this is all you talk about is how Fasano sucks. resign him and bring in a number 1 TE and then sit back and watch the great things that happen. Bro there are other positions on this team to complain about. Bring something new please.:up:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom