More time for the Offensive line to gel? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More time for the Offensive line to gel?

claytonduper

Starter
Reaction score
Prayers and hope that Hurricane Irma takes the safer course back to the ocean. Hope those in line of the Hurricane path leave and are safe.

With our game rescheduled to the bye week, does this offer our offensive line including Pouncey more time to become cohesive? Hopefully, if nothing else it will give him another week to heal. I guess we will have game film on the Chargers and this should be a positive to counter many of the negative factors.

The players are off and the team is treating this as their bye week so there won't be any extra practices or player meetings.

I hope all you fans in South Florida are safe and that the hurricane veers away from the coast. That is the number one concern.

As far as football goes, you've got to look for the positives. Originally, I was hoping the game would be played on Thursday or Friday, but I think that would have put a lot of pressure on players, family and fans. The NFL took the best course of action IMO. It was fortunate that both Tampa Bay and Miami had the same BYE.

Larsen is someone who figures to benefit, perhaps missing one less game. It will be interesting to see if Miami is sharp or rusty going up against the LA Chargers. None of the starters played in the fourth preseason game so now it's a lot of time between games. Definitely a challenge. The Dolphins will have film on the Chargers so there's some advantage there as well.

Yep....I am one of the few who is quite happy with the arrangement....the Tampa game remains at Hard Rock and we get an extra week plus game footage to attack the Chargers!

Well here's hoping we get solid oline play cause I saw two teams yesterday who are gonna have to rely on their defense keeping teams from being able to pin their ears pass rush wise otherwise they are screwed personnel wise on the oline.

And I doubt Miami is gonna field a Seahawks or giants level defense.

Well here's hoping we get solid oline play cause I saw two teams yesterday who are gonna have to rely on their defense keeping teams from being able to pin their ears pass rush wise otherwise they are screwed personnel wise on the oline.

And I doubt Miami is gonna field a Seahawks or giants level defense.

Neither are they going to score at an Aaron Rodgers level, which would also have the effect of keeping defenses more on their heels.

Pack is playing a suspect right tackle but at least they have an in house fix in Bryan Bulaga who will return and right the ship.

Giants have a guard playing left tackle and a ugly right tackle and no in house fix.

Left tackle is a mess in Seattle and the right tackle ifedi has guard feet.

Russell Wilson would be running for his life all game long if not for that defense. They have to limit that oline exposure as a play caller. No easier way than have the d shutting down the opposition. That Sheldon Richardson add is a monster one.

No coincidence that as soon as the red rocket no longer has a top shelf oline his play falls in the toilet.

Gonna be some suspect olines on display tonight too.

Here's hoping we aren't one of them.

Pack is playing a suspect right tackle but at least they have an in house fix in Bryan Bulaga who will return and right the ship.

Giants have a guard playing left tackle and a ugly right tackle and no in house fix.

Left tackle is a mess in Seattle and the right tackle ifedi has guard feet.

Russell Wilson would be running for his life all game long if not for that defense. They have to limit that oline exposure.

No coincidence that as soon as the red rocket no longer has a top shelf oline his play falls in the toilet.

Gonna be some suspect olines on display tonight too.

Here's hoping we aren't one of them.

Think we have a shot to not be one of them? I think the tackles are solid, Bushrod is hopefully better in his 2nd year as a guard, albeit a year older and Pouncey will be fine as long as he's out there. LG will be an adventure. I say we lose Tunsil, Pouncey (fingers crossed) or James we're in trouble but until then we're adequate.

Think we have a shot to not be one of them? I think the tackles are solid, Bushrod is hopefully better in his 2nd year as a guard, albeit a year older and Pouncey will be fine as long as he's out there. LG will be an adventure. I say we lose Tunsil, Pouncey (fingers crossed) or James we're in trouble but until then we're adequate.

I think we are ok. Gase can limit the exposure as a play caller he plays situational football very well and is in touch with the scoreboard.

We are solid on the pivot and both tackles and bushrod is serviceable and underappreciated around here frankly. Left guard looks like the weakness. We don't have right guard ready depth though. I believe in brendel as pouncey insurance.

Jesse Davis has the athlete stuff but that's only 1/3 of the battle. He could continue to develop. Tread water with him and steen til Larsen returns.

Things could flip real quickly on us though especially at tackle

It's hard to play a heavy 11 personnel based offense if you are suspect on the pivot or tackles.

12 is gonna limit us more in the pass game.

Hide the qb exposure with Ajayi as much as possible

I don't see a lot of top shelf defenses on the schedule so I would provided the scoreboard allows for it run the ball and work off pa as much as possible to give cutler easy reads and limit his penchant for making bad decisions or relying on his arm too much. His mentality is rip it he just trust his arm too much

His pre snap reads are very good it's the post snap holding of coverage that gets him in trouble.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom