Morris coulbe be back up if... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Morris coulbe be back up if...

Spray Mucus

Ray Lucas' mom didn't take vitamins
Reaction score
If Ricky is suspended, we may go with Sammie as the main back up.

Dolphins | Team could go with S. Morris if R. Williams is suspended
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 08:37:46 -0700
Jeff Darlington, of the Palm Beach Post, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl">Miami Dolphins RB Sammy Morris could be used as the team's backup to RB Ronnie Brown if RB Ricky Williams gets suspended for the 2006 season. Morris' agent, Mark Slough, said general manager Randy Mueller made it clear the team would be comfortable if Morris was the backup. Slough added, "That's the impression I was given — if Ricky isn't there, Sammy is the guy that would be the backup. That's what he's been told. We believe that to be the case."

Edit : sorry, this was in another post with a different thread tittle.

u mean the same Kay-Jay that went undrafted and was on the practice sqaud all last season? Morris is a great back-up he was effective, not great, when ricky needed a break in 2004. Morris will be the number 1 back-up if ricky is gone, but we will keep four HB's then and Kay-Jay should have a roster spot this year.

I am a big supporter of Ricky and not trading him, but if he was to get suspended, I have some questions.
Would they use Morris or who ever is the #2 back, the same that they will use Ricky? Or will they let Ronnie be the main back, and just use the #2 guy to relieve him ounce in a while.
If they let Ronnie be the main guy(80% of the carries) and let him run the goal line TD's, we will see what he is made of.

Not only that,we will have a fantasy sleeper in the 2nd rnd.

WCUgodsmacked13 said:
u mean the same Kay-Jay that went undrafted and was on the practice sqaud all last season? Morris is a great back-up he was effective, not great, when ricky needed a break in 2004. Morris will be the number 1 back-up if ricky is gone, but we will keep four HB's then and Kay-Jay should have a roster spot this year.

Yep!!! That same Kay-Jay. He was ont he practice squad due to lack of experience. Tell me this....Why didnt Saban send Harris to NFLE? Answer: He thought he was to valuable to do so. Kayjay is ready to challenge for a backup role. He actually did better int he preseason that Morris did.

Morris is a great ST player as is Minor.....That why KayJay was slighted....and bro John Randal went undrafted.

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
Yep!!! That same Kay-Jay. He was ont he practice squad due to lack of experience. Tell me this....Why didnt Saban send Harris to NFLE? Answer: He thought he was to valuable to do so. Kayjay is ready to challenge for a backup role. He actually did better int he preseason that Morris did.

Morris is a great ST player as is Minor.....That why KayJay was slighted....and bro John Randal went undrafted.

yea...so did adewale ogunleye i know there is a good list there, but u didnt mention that for every one that make 25 or more don't. + teams send all kinds of guys to the NFLE, that doesn't make them great prospects. if he becomes THE back up thats great just dont hold your breath for it. he might crack the roster this season

Back
Top Bottom