MORT: dolphins internally discussing signing Wallace AND Jennings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MORT: dolphins internally discussing signing Wallace AND Jennings

PhinMagic

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Just heard on sports center live, mort said the phins are internally discussing signing both guys in FA. WOW dream come true. Let this happen......c'mon Ireland.

you let hartline walk i don't think this is a bad idea at all...

I don't believe this for a second. You don't hand Wallace $60 million then sign the second most expensive player at the same position on top of that. It would put you in salary cap hell.

Just heard on sports center live, mort said the phins are internally discussing signing both guys in FA. WOW dream come true. Let this happen......c'mon Ireland.

Not a good idea. So this means we will most likely let a younger faster hartline walk for a 30 year old greg jennings who cant even get on the field? not smart. And that most likely eliminates the approach of drafting a nice red zone threat for tannehill. Tannehill needs a big body. Resign hartline. Sign wallace. Then draft patterson, hunter, or allen. Tannehill needs at least one WR target that is bigger than 6'2

Not a good idea. So this means we will most likely let a younger faster hartline walk for a 30 year old greg jennings who cant even get on the field? not smart. And that most likely eliminates the approach of drafting a nice red zone threat for tannehill. Tannehill needs a big body. Resign hartline. Sign wallace. Then draft patterson, hunter, or allen. Tannehill needs at least one WR target that is bigger than 6'2

If you sign Wallace you can forget a round 1 WR, we have too many other needs like CB and tackle

Jennings replaces Hartline. Draft Tavon Austin to replace Bess and all of a sudden you have a very formidable WR Corps. Nice dream.

putting the team in cap hell by signing both is incorrect...

How? Unless they sign very team friendly contracts which the Dolphins could get out of in 2/3 years if it doesn't work out. But why would they do that if other teams are looking at them as well? Tieing up 20+ million in two receivers in one off season is just too rich for me. I think Jennings will be looking at least 7-9 Million and Wallace will want 10 + if a bidding war breaks out he could get over 12. I just don't see how both can be signed whilst keeping a good salary structure. especially under a conservative GM like Irleand.

If you sign Wallace you can forget a round 1 WR, we have too many other needs like CB and tackle

The WR does not have to come in the first round if we sign wallace. We could easily land justin hunter in the second round. Signing jennings and wallace is a huge mistake.

I've been saying this from the beginning. If you break down the numbers, it's nowhere near as far-fetched as some guys have been making it out (at least if Jennings is being anything near reasonable). And, yes, this eliminates any WR picks until at least the 3rd round. Ireland knows better than most just how much of an utter crapshoot taking a WR early in the draft can be - and this isn't exactly a draft brimming with Top 10 talent at that position.

All you need then is Eifert or Ertz in the 2nd and we are golden.

I've been saying from the start one area of need that's seriously gotten lost in all this offseason WR discussion is the lack of any kind of pass rush apart from Wake. That number 12 pick has Ezekiel Ansah written all over it.

a mistake imo is letting jeff ireland use high picks on wrs...take the guess work away from him by signing proven nfl commodities...wallace and jennings to replace hartline would be a nice haul...

jennings for 3 or 4 years wallace for 5...

How? Unless they sign very team friendly contracts which the Dolphins could get out of in 2/3 years if it doesn't work out. But why would they do that if other teams are looking at them as well? Tieing up 20+ million in two receivers in one off season is just too rich for me. I think Jennings will be looking at least 7-9 Million and Wallace will want 10 + if a bidding war breaks out he could get over 12. I just don't see how both can be signed whilst keeping a good salary structure. especially under a conservative GM like Irleand.
Arguably, Wallace and Hartline will only be a couple mil cheaper. I don't see Wallace getting more then 10 and Jennings around 7-8.

I'll take 2 guys that produce TDs and let a WR that can't find the endzone but wants a reported 6.6 mil to go test the market.

Back
Top Bottom