MORT: dolphins internally discussing signing Wallace AND Jennings | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MORT: dolphins internally discussing signing Wallace AND Jennings

The WR does not have to come in the first round if we sign wallace. We could easily land justin hunter in the second round. Signing jennings and wallace is a huge mistake.
Wallace and Hunter, Hopkins or Bailey works for me.

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

a mistake imo is letting jeff ireland use high picks on wrs...take the guess work away from him by signing proven nfl commodities...wallace and jennings to replace hartline would be a nice haul...

jennings for 3 or 4 years wallace for 5...
Especially in this class. Not a lot of top end WR's in this draft.

How? Unless they sign very team friendly contracts which the Dolphins could get out of in 2/3 years if it doesn't work out. But why would they do that if other teams are looking at them as well? Tieing up 20+ million in two receivers in one off season is just too rich for me. I think Jennings will be looking at least 7-9 Million and Wallace will want 10 + if a bidding war breaks out he could get over 12. I just don't see how both can be signed whilst keeping a good salary structure. especially under a conservative GM like Irleand.

you do realize that there is a very strong possibility that b/t the 20's wr brian hartlines market is in the $6 mil range right??? let him go pick up jennings for a couple mil more...hartlines never gonna give you consistent td production...roll the dice on jennings on a 3 or 4 year pact an give yourself an out in a few years...

Hartline will probably be more expensive than Jennings. Hartline is coming of a solid year with a rookie qb, and Jennings is older and barely saw the field last year. I like the idea of having Jennings in an offense he is familiar with, and then we can draft Patterson round 1. Wallace, Jennings, Bess, Patterson. NICE.

by the way i still burn a top 75 pick on a wr...but it's not dire that he produce right away...preferably a red zone win option and physical force

Tom Pelissero of ESPN Twin Cities "heard" at the Combine that free agent Greg Jennings is seeking $14 million a year.

$14 million annually would make Jennings the NFL's third highest paid wide receiver behind Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. No one is going to pay that much for an injury-prone wideout entering his age-30 season. Per Pelissero, there is a "popular theory" among NFL front offices that wide receivers will "sit on the market" like inside linebackers did last year. In other words, they may price themselves out of the initial wave of free agency.

Wow if this is true, forget it.

Yeah, Jennings is delusional if he thinks he's getting more than about 7.5 or 8 million per.

One guy "heard". I don't buy it as anything more the BS or agent talk if what he "heard" is accurate.

you do realize that there is a very strong possibility that b/t the 20's wr brian hartlines market is in the $6 mil range right??? let him go pick up jennings for a couple mil more...hartlines never gonna give you consistent td production...roll the dice on jennings on a 3 or 4 year pact an give yourself an out in a few years...

I realise Hartline could get paid yes, but I also don't think Wallace is worth what he is asking. I would rather get Jennings and Hartline for a similar price to Wallace on his own than sign Jennings AND Wallace, I think Wallace will be massively be overpaid when all is said and done. Especially if teams like the Browns and Bengals are in for him as well.

I don't think committing 20+ million to two receivers in one off season is a smart salary cap decision and we could live to regret it. if it wasn't the last year of his contract I dont think Ireland would consider it.

Not a good idea. So this means we will most likely let a younger faster hartline walk for a 30 year old greg jennings who cant even get on the field? not smart. And that most likely eliminates the approach of drafting a nice red zone threat for tannehill. Tannehill needs a big body. Resign hartline. Sign wallace. Then draft patterson, hunter, or allen. Tannehill needs at least one WR target that is bigger than 6'2

Funny how Jennings had more TDs than Hartline last year despite he "who cant even get on the field".

I realise Hartline could get paid yes, but I also don't think Wallace is worth what he is asking. I would rather get Jennings and Hartline for a similar price to Wallace on his own than sign Jennings AND Wallace, I think Wallace will be massively be overpaid when all is said and done. Especially if teams like the Browns and Bengals are in for him as well.

I don't think committing 20+ million to two receivers in one off season is a smart salary cap decision and we could live to regret it. if it wasn't the last year of his contract I dont think Ireland would consider it.

well it appears that i don't value what hartline brings to the table as much as you do...i can tell ya this though...if jennings issues are all injury related and not age related he's a TOTALLY different level than brian hartline...jennings is murder and actually gets in the end zone...it if't all injury groin issues and not all off due to age this is a no brainer

Of course they "discussed" it - they have to be diligent. But reality still says this is a fairy tale idea.

If you really think about it.. It would be very similar to signing Hartline and Wallace. Hartline is asking for maybe a mill less than what Jennings will get(7mill/yr).

I personally wouldn't do it, but i'm not an NFL GM either..

Back
Top Bottom