MORT: dolphins internally discussing signing Wallace AND Jennings | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MORT: dolphins internally discussing signing Wallace AND Jennings

Hartline will probably be more expensive than Jennings. Hartline is coming of a solid year with a rookie qb, and Jennings is older and barely saw the field last year. I like the idea of having Jennings in an offense he is familiar with, and then we can draft Patterson round 1. Wallace, Jennings, Bess, Patterson. NICE.

Dont forget about Matthews developing for another year. As much as i desperately want this to happen, no way we take Patterson at 12 if we sign both of those guys. It's all gonna depend on what goes down in FA. Pass rusher can be had in FA as well....Osi can come fairly cheap and if cliff Abril doesn't want Mario Williams money, I'd give him a look.

Funny how Jennings had more TDs than Hartline last year despite he "who cant even get on the field".

he also had a guy by the name of aaron rodgers throwing him the rock and a whole plethora of weapons that opened the field for him to get the ball, nelson, jones, cobb, finley, i mean seriously.

they like mathews...he's in the rotation and part of the future plan...no doubt in my mind...he's also the one wr we have that can win physically and be a tough tackle...they like him...he'll be active in 2013

well it appears that i don't value what hartline brings to the table as much as you do...i can tell ya this though...if jennings issues are all injury related and not age related he's a TOTALLY different level than brian hartline...jennings is murder and actually gets in the end zone...it if't all injury groin issues and not all off due to age this is a no brainer

No i don't think Hartline is a stud or even close to a number one receiver I just think he is effective in our system. I love Greg Jennings I always have, I just think the amount of games he has missed in recent years will lower his price significantly. If you give me the choice of any free agent WR right now im taking Jennings (injury and all) over the lot, including Wallace. I just think Harltine is a nice complimentary receiver who can still get a bit more productive playing opposite someone like Jennings.

Give me Wallace and Jennings over Hartline any day of the week, its a dream partnership an elite route runner and elite speed, I just think its too expensive thats all.

No i don't think Hartline is a stud or even close to a number one receiver I just think he is effective in our system. I love Greg Jennings I always have, I just think the amount of games he has missed in recent years will lower his price significantly. If you give me the choice of any free agent WR right now im taking Jennings (injury and all) over the lot, including Wallace. I just think Harltine is a nice complimentary receiver who can still get a bit more productive playing opposite someone like Jennings.

Give me Wallace and Jennings over Hartline any day of the week, its a dream partnership an elite route runner and elite speed, I just think its too expensive thats all.

well we have to be smart with the contract...and ireland probably has to come off the "i won't overpay" thing...but it's workable...i tell ya whats not smart...paying hartline $7 mil per for the return you get on the field...not smart at all

We will get a much better draft picture in 5 days. See how these DE and WR grade. I honestly dont see us going OLine in rd 1 unless they plan on addressing all skill positions through FA and later in the draft.

well we have to be smart with the contract...and ireland probably has to come off the "i won't overpay" thing...but it's workable...i tell ya whats not smart...paying hartline $7 mil per for the return you get on the field...not smart at all

If he can work it then Ireland deserves a new contract and I will be delighted to be wrong, but with teams like the Browns in for Wallace.. then he will really need to want to live and play Miami if we are going to get a decent deal done.

I agree with that about Hartline, im a big fan but I wouldn't give him a penny over 6. I think when all is said and done Hartline will sign somewhere between 4.5 - 5.5 million. 6 is too rich for me.

IF this happenes.....I say it tells you a lot about what Ross wants. This put Miami in win NOW mode. I think it can happen myself...... Add a TE early in the draft and Miami is an offensive team. I wouldn't even address defense until the 3rd round. This is an offensive game now....

If your had your choice of Milliner, Warmack, Patterson or Ansah, who do you take. With our current team, no FA signings.

if you see miami start signing guys like bush and smith to deals before free agency or jake long for that matter then you can say signing both these guys is a pipe dream...but say they lock up starks with the dt tag they sign clemons to a 1 year $3.5 mil deal and we hit free agency with everyone else...

BUCKLE UP FELLAS...that's all i can say...this would absolutely be possible

If your had your choice of Milliner, Warmack, Patterson or Ansah, who do you take. With our current team, no FA signings.

I take Warmack - our oline is a mess and this is an offensive game. An improved Offensive can win us some games. We can get by with our defense.,,,,,, It has done enough in the past we just have had no Offense.... I have some concerns about Patterson. Not that he is not a good player and has HUGE potential,,,, Just not so sure Miami is the place for him and as I said many time before I could be completely wrong just my 2 cents

At Ohio's current state income tax bracket, if Wallace signed a deal worth $10M per season, state tax would be just over 500,000K. So when people say that he will choose miami over Cleveland just because of the taxes is ludicrous. 500,000K is nothing, if they offer him $11M and we offer $10M, where do you think he's going?? Probably Cleveland since all he probably wants is money. Then again the beautiful Miami weather and women might sway Mr. Wallace just enough.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

you talking to me???

Anyone really....

Back
Top Bottom