MORT: dolphins internally discussing signing Wallace AND Jennings | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MORT: dolphins internally discussing signing Wallace AND Jennings

I don't believe this for a second. You don't hand Wallace $60 million then sign the second most expensive player at the same position on top of that. It would put you in salary cap hell.
signing those two and letting hartline walk absolutely would work. jenning is *only* going to draw a couple more million than what hartline is asking for.

I take Warmack - our oline is a mess and this is an offensive game. An improved Offensive can win us some games. We can get by with our defense.,,,,,, It has done enough in the past we just have had no Offense....

And move cogs to the right side? I would flat out cut him or restructure. No way is he worth $5M a year. Or extend him if you really wanna solidify the line. Martin, Warmack, Pouncey, cogs, draft pick. Dont sound too bad

Anyone down for trying to sign Vollmer at RT? Help us, weaken the pats. Then if we did draft Warmack, that would finally fix the line issues. Martin, Warmack, Pouncey, cogs, Vollmer.

This sounds to me like morts old friends at his sports agency told him to says this since we are obviously the top suiters for WRs, and they want to bring there value up.

will this even be possible to do and not be over the cap?

it would be a dream come true, lets hope we can make it happen. not holding my breath though, and as a dolphin fan for so many years, i am so used to disappointment, so im expecting us to miss out on both, lol.

hope i am wrong though

If your had your choice of Milliner, Warmack, Patterson or Ansah, who do you take. With our current team, no FA signings.

ok...i'm game...well first thing i do is look at the depth of the draft at each of those positions...the corners the pass rushers they will go fast...so you have to understand don't sleep if you want either one...

under the new cba the value of the position given the pay at the top of the draft isn't as much a priority so i don't think you say to yourself an og at #12 is out provided the player validates the selection...

i like the potential depth at wr in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and patterson has one year of high div 1 production to fall on in a season where most teams at least early on concentrated on defending his teammate justin hunter...pattersons explosive the rac and cuts in open field are filthy i think his hands can be a little suspect at times but there's no denying he's a legitimate talent...now is he the same physical specimen of a dez bryant or a julio jones or a andre johnson etc to that i say no...given the depth at the wr position and the depth of the guys i like there i pass on him...could blow up in my face

warmack and jon cooper i struggle with who i like more at guard...both are plug and play left guards imo but i see cooper as the better move athlete...either one would look good in miami...the other thing is the depth at og in this class i'm not a real fan of...especially for a zbs move athlete...i like larry warford of kentucky a lot also but i see power scheme there...the long kid from oregon has serious upside as a left guard in a zbs but he needs to get much stronger...not a strong guard class for me depth wise...so i don't rule it out...

ansah is too raw as a pass rusher for me to burn a top 12 pick on...i'd take mingo and his tools over him any day...

milliner now that i know played thru an entire season pretty much with a torn labrum wow that's impressive stuff...especially considering how good his tape is...good size physical corner...not sure i see terrific upside left but he's got damn good tools...have to run low 4.4's though for me to go there...

in other words not sure i'd go with any of em...probably b/t milliner and warmack

sign em both, Milliner drops to us at #12,,,,now THAT's my kinda pipe dream.

I'll take one with hartline and a rookie. With those two on the field at once may cause problems for young Tannehill. Sister tweetin about bro not getting enough touches, Wallace yearning for the ball...I see a dream team of receivers which isn't ideal IMO.

Spend smart, still need a baller TE.

Sign Jennings and Wallace, draft Eiffert in the 1st and Swope in the third and Tannehill has no excuses. We should be a top 5 passing attack with those weapons.

If your had your choice of Milliner, Warmack, Patterson or Ansah, who do you take. With our current team, no FA signings.

Milliner, without question for me. We would have to trade up under any circumstance in drafting him, CB is too much of a desired position, especially for teams in the top 10 and extremely little chance he reaches the 12th spot.

by the way teams are gonna love the fact that milliner is doing all the on fielf combine work despite a torn labrum...they are gonna love that kind of toughness...so i wouldn't be expecting any miracles barring a slow 40 time...and by slow i mean in the 4.5's

by the way teams are gonna love the fact that milliner is doing all the on fielf combine work despite a torn labrum...they are gonna love that kind of toughness...so i wouldn't be expecting any miracles barring a slow 40 time...and by slow i mean in the 4.5's

Dwight Howard plays with a torn labrum and everyone hates him including me.:lol:

OK, let me get this straight. So you're saying that right before the draft and FA period, even as the combine itself is starting its weigh ins, we're NOW getting wind of the internal plans of Miami to sign BOTH of the top WR's and NOT sign its own FA WR and NOT draft a WR. And in 6 pages most posters have accepted this rumor as fact and NOBODY even mentioned the word smokescreen? Color me skeptical. I'm pulling out the cylindrical container of Morton's, because I need more than a grain of salt with this one.

So, we'd have to 1) out bid EVERYONE for not only one receiver, but BOTH. Meaning any team looking for veteran WR help such as Clevland, St. Louis, New England, Carolina and Minnesota, would simply say "too rich for my blood" on BOTH guys and ignore the top level FA WR market? It doesn't strike people as unlikely that we could get them both at a good deal cap number and no team in the league would offer more? And this sounds like a great cap decision?

Then 2) that would assume that both players WANT to come here. I think it's fair to say that Jennings wants to come here ... for equal or higher money than will be offered elsewhere. Wallace may not want to because Clevland lets him prove the Steelers wrong and he knows he'd be featured in a downfield throwing offense that Norv Turner always produces and always makes stars out of fast receivers.

I suggest that as sinister and deceiptful as it may sound, our braintrust might just be throwing out some disinformation. Shock. Gasp. Que your shocked face Mr. E-Trade Baby!

Yes, Ireland may want to keep people guessing as he pursues both WR's in FA before making a call. If he can't afford Wallace and turns to Jennings as second choice, he may actually want Jennings to think he was first choice all along, but was trying to get both of them. Perhaps Ireland wants to go after Wallace but wants teams to think he wants Jennings, and this fictitious situation allows him to appear to be doing that. Maybe Ireland wants Hartline to come off his rediculous 6.6M/year number by letting him know that he isn't essential at a high salary. It's even possible that Ireland wants to grab a few WR's in the draft but wants the other teams to think he would prefer to not invest high picks on young players so he'll wait 1 more year for another FA after he signs Jennings.

As crazy as it might sound, there are valid reasons for Ireland to rev up the smokescreen machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
They should..young wr's take a while to show something..this would be like when the team signed ingram and traded for fryar a big boost for the team...let hartline walk .resign reggie..tag starks the draft will be all about defense and o line..

Back
Top Bottom